1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I can't believe that the grizzlies are on the brink of a conference finals

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by what, May 15, 2013.

1. brozef

brozef Member

That was awesome. I searched more videos and as they beat the Thunder the crowd chanted them off the court to this song. There are some great fans in Memphis.. hopefully one day the Toyota Center can rock like that.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cR0W29LenyM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

It's refreshing seeing a team like the Grizzlies have playoff success, whos focal point on offense is centered around two physical post-up, back to the basket bigs.

Enough with this stretch 4 crap. I want my bigs to score on the low block!

3. Panda23

Panda23 Member

We're pretty much a tony allen away from #3

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Love these Grizzlies. Don't ruin them for me with your cocky, defensive atttitude "what".

5. TISNF

TISNF Member

Yeah I'm right there with ya. I'm genuinely disappointed by most every basketball fan completely dismissing post play as exciting to watch and effective. Pretty annoying.

6. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

does the grizzlies offense remind anyone else of a wheel?

high post, low post

guard handoff, cut baseline, rotate back outside to wings.

repeat if no options for high post guy to dump down low or take it himself

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Not at all....

8. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Memphis is my favorite team left. I love teams with great post players who play great defense. I think they are the only team in the west who might challange the Heat. They have great perimiter defensive players, and great post players.

9. Asian Sensation

Truth.

10. arno_ed

btw does anybody know were MemphisX is?

I do not think What is being arrogant. Some posters attack Memphis, calling them boring and lucky. Ofcourse he is going to respond.

11. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

If I have to choose any single team left, I'd root for Miami. However, if we could get Memphis-Indiana finals, I would be ecstatic! Defense>Offense.

12. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

What about when he takes cheap shots at the Rocket's or Rockets fans out of nowhere, when they're not even apart of the discussion?. Everyone here knows the Grizzlies are currently better than the Rockets yet he pulls "look at YOUR team and look at MY team" thing over and over. It's his defense mechanism and he feels like he needs to defend them at every turn. The me & my Grizzlies vs Clutchfans mentality is annoying.

13. arno_ed

I agree that can be annoying, but I have not seen What doing that. In this thread he is just proud of the team he supports the most. We have had our share of fans from different teams post on this board, but htat was one of the things I like about this board, we can have rational discussion wich fans from other teams.

Ofcourse there are some posters who are mostly trolling (GreatOne1978 for example, but there are also many rockets fans who are trolling). But I do not believe What is such a poster.

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

This!! M.Gasol, T.Allen and M.Conley belongs to All-Defensive Team 1st, or 2nd team in recent years. Z.Randolph is hard to handle because he is sort like Shaq. Hakeem always had trouble with bigger guys, so if you aren't bigger than Zach, you will likely find trouble than answer. Mavericks took down Heat not just because of Dirk, but because of Marion (1500 steals and 1000 blocks shares with Hakeem) and T.Chandler (All-Defensive Team). If Griz play their game, we could see Elvis celebrating in Memphis. Deeright!!!!!!!

15. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

The fatal flaws of this team are their lack of perimeter playmaking ability and inability to hit the 3 at a decent rate. Relying on Conley, Bayless, and Pondexter isn't going to get it done, because they're all relatively inconsistent.

Also, they're basically playing 4 on 5 out there at times with Tayshaun Prince... 3 on 5 on the offensive end if you want to include Tony Allen. They're going to be an extremely tough out, but I just don't think they have enough talent to win it all. They're one multi-dimensional wing player away from being title favorites.

16. cuddie

cuddie Member

I still remember him last year during that game where they blew that gigantic lead against the Clippers. I was rooting for the Grizzlies but he kept taunting all the Clipper fans in the game thread. It got to a point where I wanted the Clippers to come back (even though I DETEST flop city) just to shut his overconfident ass up. Got my wish, it was marvelous.

Still rooting for the Grizzlies (probably because I haven't been checking these boards) but "what" really needs to shut the what up.

1 person likes this.
  17. Scientific1

Scientific1 Member

I couoldnt agree more.

Memphis has the depth, talent, players and system to play Miami the way the Bulls had hoped.

Would not be surprised at all if Memphis were to take the Heat down. The team is full of bulldogs.

18. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Will Memphis beat SAS/GSW?

19. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Fun fact: every team that eliminated Derek Fisher's team in the playoffs since 1998 went on to win a championship.

20. meh

meh Contributing Member

I'm not surprised you can't believe the Grizzlies are in this position, what. Not surprised at all, with them trading Kevin Durant to the Raptors and all.

I mean, people talk about OKC lacking Westbrook. But what understands that Memphis was in a much tougher spot with the heart and soul of that team, Rudy Gay. If only Gay was still there, this series would've been a 4-0 sweep with each game won by double digits.