1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

BREAKING: Russell Westbrook has a torn meniscus in his right knee

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RoxTurk, Apr 26, 2013.

1. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

It would be funny coincidence if we won the Western conference and Knicks won the Eastern conference and we beat the Knicks again to become the champion. :)

2. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

LOL I know a perfect spot for you above 59 in Montrose.:grin:

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9215317/nba-russell-westbrook-injury-faq

4. arjun

arjun Member

right and we are just giong to walk our way over the clippers if we somehow do advance the first round?

5. SunsRocketsfan

worst part about this injury is that the thunder were the only team that could beat the Heat. .

I hate to see injuries.. even to players i dont like.. unless that player is Karl Malone..

6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The good news: all the twitter threats are written for Patrick Beverly not Patrick BeverlEy, so he won't see them. :grin:

The bad news: People are stupid ( i hope he's kidding):

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Omg Patrick Beverly knew exactly where Russell's meniscus was aligned. He had the right angle on the collision. That play was dirty</p>&mdash; Ronnie Norman (@RonStoppables) <a href="https://twitter.com/RonStoppables/status/327870999360053248">April 26, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Member

No, we'll 'clip' our way to the Championship.

[​IMG]

8. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

2 games down, leaving 5 games of 7 left. You need 4 wins to advance. 4/5.

9. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

I already corrected myself, but thx.

10. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

agreed. this is the main reason i wanted to play SA in the first round. i didnt want to get eliminated, but at the same time i want to root for the rockets to win. but i dont want a cheap win to get to the next round and then get swept in the 2nd round.

realistically speaking its impossible for us to win a ring this year. we'er just happy to be in the playoffs.

11. laneh

laneh Member

It's unfortunate for a player to get hurt. If OKC fans are reading this... don't be bitter. Stuff happens. Remember when Manu undercut AB? He was never the same after. AB was having an incredible run up until this injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYDVDcJ4jQM

12. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Sorry he got hurt. Not sorry he's out for the series.

Go Baby Rockets....grab that pacifier and crawl across the floor !

Roll Red Roll....so glad I got my wife her birthday wish...Houston Rockets victory tickets to game 3 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The other big factor for the Rockets that I haven't seen mentioned much is that if Lin can't go, and Brooks has to play a lot of minutes, it's not as big a problem defensively.

14. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Someone's probably already said this in the previous 25 pages, but all this means is MORE KEVIN DURANT... and Reggie Jackson is no scrub - he's at least as good as PB, if not better. Hate to see the injury, but hope Houston can take advantage of it since it happened.

15. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

We're not talking about the L A Slippers here are we? That team that is going to blow it ? Did not look title ready last night for sure ! Maybe not even second round ready !

16. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

I am not worried about more KD, he can't replace KD + WB. However, I am more worried about refs, and our big men getting intimated by Perkins and Ibaka.

17. TreeRollins

TreeRollins Contributing Member

I think anyone would be scared of getting "intimated" with Perkins and Ibaka

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm sorry to hear this news. I was hoping to beat them at full strength.

19. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

Wow I know he gets a lot of hate, but sad to see that happen.

20. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Serves the team as a whole right for what Perkins did to Parsons. Kharma has a way of sorting things out.