1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] AMC's The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Not even possible.

During the shootout last night, it dawned on me how useless Darryl and his crossbow would be in a firefight where there's some decent distance between sides. I'm sure he can handle a rifle, but have we seen him use one on the show?

2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

^

I'm being sarcastic in the sense that nothing in this show obeys logic or physics.

3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he was using one when they went to rescue Maggie and Glen. Probably multiple other times too. Anyway every single other person in their camp can shoot, it only makes sense that Daryl can too, especially considering his character.

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Definitely looked female, but wasn't Karen guarding at the wall when Andrea was looking for the Governor, who was ambushing the prison?

5. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

You can't compare BB to the Walking Dead. Bryan Cranston's 4 Emmys prove that.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

This is a joke, she's an actor and a playwright. If she was paid by the spoken word, she'd never get a role in anything.

7. VanityHalfBlack

Season 2 when they found out that Herschel has a barn full of walkers. That's when the whole gang lined up and just unloaded on all the zombies that came running out including Sophia.

8. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

I can't remember, but did the ice cream truck full of zombie scene contaminate the land they planned on using to grow crops?

9. AMS

AMS Contributing Member

I really hope he finds some badass ammo a la Oliver Queen.

10. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

11. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

honestly, I've got to wonder how many people actually watch the show..or do they just listen to it while doing something else?

Andrea was not driving the ice cream truck because she didn't even know where the Governor went. She was back in Woodbury looking for them.

The Driver of the Truck (did look female), got out of the truck, took some shots, then ran away from the truck. Its a natural to assume she ran out of the yard back to the Governor and his henchmen.

Its easy to get in the fence if you have some cable/wire cutters or something similar - thats how the guy on the tower can get in. The Lookouts were in the middle of a discussion about Axels past and were not paying attention.

Daryl uses a crossbow because its quiet and doesn't make loud zombie-attracting noises. Also, it saves ammo. Notice he usually grabs his arrow back out of the zombie when he's done to save arrows as well. If he's that good with a crossbow, I'd just assume he's good with a gun also.

12. VanityHalfBlack

This guy knows is stuff, bravo sir!!!

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's amazing how so many can miss simple items like that. I think too many people get caught up in trying to find something wrong, as opposed to thinking of how something can reasonable explain what happened.

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

it's all pretty obvious to those who pay attention and have a sense of logic

edit: here's a theory. the girl in the truck could be andrea... when she was asking that guy (can't remember his name) where the gov' was he just kept saying he was out on a run and wouldn't say exactly where. i think andrea is smart enough to know where he was going and why he wouldn't tell her where he was. the gov has been questioning andrea's loyalty to the town, so maybe she did this to prove where her loyalties are and dressed up like that so her "friends" wouldn't know it was her. also, when the gov' saw the truck he gave a smile like he wasn't expecting that to happen, but took pleasure in knowing that andrea is on his side now.

#1134 fallenphoenix, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think that's the point. You can't just kill Axel without developing him a bit, otherwise no one wiil blink when he gets killed. They developed him enough for people to start caring. Given the nature of the show, people have to keep dying. They can't kill the important characters, but also can't kill complete nobodies.

16. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

you could tell there was some chemistry between axel and that woman in the last episode (can't remember her name). I thought that there might be some beef between him and daryl when he got back, but then BANG he died

17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this last episode had some gems but they really ****ing over do it on somethings which really make you wonder and hate the show.

Glen trying to be a hardass?

Rick walking around outside for like an hr, yea we know he is crazy but he comes out and says he knows its not Lori.

Screw everyone except Darrel.

#YouKillDarrelWeRiot

18. Pete the Cheat

Was the girl (?) who got out of the zombie mobile wearing full riot gear? I.e., it would have been from inside the prison...

I am thinking Tyrese's daughter came for some payback and got caught in an unexpected fire fight

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

She's never been to the prison, how could she find it so easily? Plus, how would she be able to find a truck, prepare it like it had to be prepared, and then load it with walkers? That truck is something the Governor either put together right after the attack or maybe it's a dirty bomb he's kept secret from the regular folk of Woodbury where she wouldn't find it so easily.

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Yeah, this is what i was thinking. If it wasn't for the scene where she was looking for the Gov, then it would fit right in. However, we don't know how long they were gone, so there could have been ample time for her to go locate them before they struck.

Clearly the Gov and his people were surprised. No way did he plan that. You could tell no one was expecting a large vehicle to drive up. However, the gov did seem happy before he even knew it was filled with walkers. So, perhaps he was surprised, but then recognized the truck and realized it was someone from his camp.

I also thought they went out of their way to show the driver clearly and enough for viewers to tell she was female. Why was that?

Finally, the driver could have taken out Michonne easily, if she wanted to. Everyone else was shooting to kill, so why didn't she?

It could all be nothing, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Andrea trying to show the gov she means business, but secretly trying to help/save her friends. If she didn't drive up, wouldn't the Gov be in great position to take them out one by one? Rick and the doc were in serious trouble already. Maybe she figured leaving walkers would gain her trust with the Gov and save most of her friends, if not all. she's been with them enough to know they're capable of taking out several walkers. We also don't know what else is inside the truck. Maybe she left something else in there. Ammunition?

And FWIW, you can see the gov's truck slow down at the gate right before glen drives up. My guess is that's where the driver jumps in with them and they drive off.

I thought that was understandable. He just got his ass beat and couldn't do a thing about it. Then, he finds out his girl was nearly raped, and again, he couldn't anything about it. It's human (man) nature to try and make up for that. Emphasis is on the word "trying" because he obviously failed.

#1140 RV6, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013