1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My taxes went up today thanks to Obama's turd of a healthcare plan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

GREAT. Keep up the good work my friend. I contribute a significant portion of my treasure to charities as well.

However, you did just prove that you're not fine with increased taxes -- you'd rather give to other sources who can more effectively utilize the funds and go to better causes.

2. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

I never knew the NRA, Grover Norquist and the Tea Bag Party were all charities. I guess you learn something new every day..... :grin:

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

From each according to his ability, to each according to his need.

4. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

5. basso

Supporting Member

Autocratic for the people.

6. Nook

Nook Member

We had an election where the American people were able to vote for President of the United States. Obama was very clear what his goals as President would be in he was re-elected. The American people elected Obama President of the United States. Therefore Obama is only doing the will of the people.....

So the real question is why do you hate America and democracy?

Why do you hate a system that has allowed you to leach off of the working man and make a good living?

Obviously I say this tongue and cheek.... but you are not the only one paying more in taxes, I promise you that I pay more in taxes than you do, and I am okay with that because I know eventually, if things do not change, I too will suffer like many in America today.

You are a selfish, soft, petty little man.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Our tax bill will go up a bit as well, and we can handle it. I don't know why texxx is whining about the FICA increase. It was always a temporary decrease and part of the stimulus package. Looks like it helped, doesn't it. The economy is definitely on the upswing. My investments are doing very well, thank you very much, Mr. President.

Suck it up, texxx, and pray that your party doesn't screw the pooch with another debt ceiling stupidity.

8. basso

Supporting Member

I highly doubt you pay more in taxes than I do, either at the margin, or in real dollars.

9. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

As an aside, with more folks having coverage, does this mean the property tax portion of our bill that goes to the local hospital district will go down at some point? The public hospitals would need less of a subsidy if they have paying customers so I figure it only makes sense that their portion of my property tax bill should drop at some point. Or am I missing something here?

10. Major

Major Member

Yes. Much of the Obamacare cost is insuring people - but we already pay for their healthcare in some other form. So by insuring people, we will save in other ways.

11. Nook

Nook Member

I was responding to Texxx..... perhaps you make more than I do (don't really care), but the firm that I founded has done very well and has multiple offices..... medical malpractice and negotiating contracts between Europe and USA pays very well for very little work.

I am very fortunate, and that is why I do not mind paying my fair share of taxes. When you pay more in taxes than most folks make, it really puts everything into perspective.

12. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Seriously.

Obamacare actually saves money because you don't have to do things like pay for the uninsured almost dying in emergency rooms (possibly the worst healthcare intervention possible).

In fact, taxes went up for a whole bunch of factors, but Obamacare isn't one of them.

13. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

http://cen.acs.org/articles/89/i51/Long-History-US-Energy-Subsidies.html

Takers (extract finite resources or take away from the proceeds of the research and work of others)---oil industry, PE firms, management consulting, IB. Exxon, MBB, JP, GS etc.
    Makers (creative firms that are creating the future)---internet companies, software firms, pharmaceuticals etc. Google, Oracle.

By all means tax the former to help the latter.

Sadly, it's mostly the reverse that is happening.

14. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

If you're pissing off bigtexxx, it is safe to assume that you are doing something correctly.

1 person likes this.
  15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I would hope that you got a raise that's larger than the tax increase.

Since you're such a boss or what not.

#35 sammy, Jan 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

No more $800 sushi for you.:(

1 person likes this.
  17. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

What about illegal immigrants that flood our ER's? Will the Health Care reform take care of that cost?

18. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I work at a hospital and it's hardly any illegals. If they do its becuase of their baby or some true ER.I get pissed at the people that come here with simple ****, headache, cough for two day...... Demand food and drugs in a bad attitude.

19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If it was only the poors voting in favor, it wouldn't have happened. There are lots of alread-insured tax-paying citizens that support the idea even though they don't stand to reap any direct benefit because they know what is good and right. The free schit you refer to isn't bigger flat-screen TVs. It's medical care that will lengthen and improve people's lives and strengthen the whole country. The cycle of providing sensible medical care to our entire populace is indeed something we can keep doing forever because it makes sense to do it. So, I'll 'steal from the rich' (lol) all day and even pay taxes myself to keep doing it. Then maybe we can have a few more makers and few less people completely debilitated by untreated medical problems.

Alright, everybody put your schlongs on the table, and we'll measure.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

another thing, I noticed alot of Doctors are opening alot of ER free-standing clinics . I guess they saw this coming and want part of it. More jobs?