1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

My taxes went up today thanks to Obama's turd of a healthcare plan

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Dear Obama -- So not only did your healthcare plan result in an unsatisfying compromise that won't provide any kind of long term solution, you've also raised my taxes to pay for your turd of a plan. THANKS. You are terrible. Have fun on the resumption of your vacation in Hawaii which is costing us taxpayers another $7,000,000.

Sincerely,
    bigtexxx

below is the email I receieved in my inbox this morning. And this is on top of the FICA tax going from 4.2% up to 6.2% for earnings up to $113,700.

"Also, as part of the Affordable Care Act, the amount of Medicare taxes will increase 0.9% for all taxable wages over $200,000. Employees will pay 1.45% on the first $200,000 of taxable wages and 2.35% on all taxable wages above this threshold."

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Fantastic news!

bigtaxxx I look forward to further forcible largesse on your part.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Dear Big Texxx,

[​IMG]

Thanks,

Your President

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

That's a great thing to hear i'm happy for you.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Thing is, you don't see the other possibility which is NOT that you are paying too much now... Maybe, just maybe you were paying too little before and you should be thanking your lucky stars.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

8. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

I make more than what's posted above and I really don't have a problem paying more in taxes. Not really for the health care bill, but getting taxed a percentage or two more isn't going to ruin my life. If it helps the country get out of the present mess then I'm all for it.

9. bigtexxx

It doesn't come close to "getting the country out of the present mess we're in".

Of course I can afford to pay the additional taxes, duh.

What's sickening is that poor people elected Obama on the premise that he'd take from the rich and give to them. They want free schit, and he earns votes by giving the poors free schit. That cycle can't continue endlessly. We need more makers and less takers in this country.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

hi Mitt

11. Orange

Orange Member

Good it's time for the takers to start paying back to the true makers which is of coarse the poor.

12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Let's just make all taxes 0% and never raise them, because raising taxes is bad. I'm sure everything will work out.

13. bigtexxx

The other thing that I'll point out:

All you people who say "oh I don't mind paying a little more in taxes". That's horse squeeze. If it's not, then why don't you just pay more to the government on your own free will? The IRS has an option to donate additional taxes if you truly want to.

1 person likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Thanks bigtexxx.

Since you're being slightly less of a douche by providing a crutch to losers like me who don't make seven figures, could you route your money to infrastructure projects, especially that new off-ramp construction @ 59 and Chimney Rock? That thing is really taking forever.

Oh, and while you're at it, can you go hand out free money to the day-workers along Westpark and Chimney Rock? That's what you feel like you're doing anyway, right?

Sweet. Thanks.

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

More fact failure, sorry.

9 of the 10 most impoverished states in the union gave all their electoral votes to Mitt Romney. A lot of poor people listen to AM radio and vote accordingly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_by_poverty_rate

8 of the 10 least impoverished states gave their electoral votes to Obama.

The "poor people elected" is just not true, even if it helps stoke your hate and blame game.

But thank you for your monetary sacrifice, even so! Too bad money can't buy analytical skillz.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Can we get a Piers Morgan-ish petition going for bigtexxx?

17. LonghornFan

Sorry, but it doesn't really bother me. I'm kind of irked by the raise in capital gains tax though. I hate writing that check, but what's done is done. I have a lovely family, hoping to have a baby soon and we're all in perfect health. I really have no reason to be upset about anything. I'm in no means and repub. or dem., but giving freebies or whatever you want to call it to the "poors" has been around long before Obama took office, bruh.

18. bigtexxx

That's incredibly weak evidence. You need to deaverage that, friend. You might want to check and see the incomes of those WITHIN those impoverished states and who voted for whom.

amateurish

19. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Cue the thadeus thread...

20. LonghornFan

Nah, I give that to charities like the SPCA, March of Dimes and to Parkinsons research. Every check.