1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Worst commercial ever...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thedreamisover, Feb 11, 2003.

1. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

i can't wait to drive down the west loop and see a 50 foot Cato up on a billboard. i'd go buy a mini-season package if i saw that... then i'd shoot myself.

2. HtownRocks3

HtownRocks3 Member

Whats wrong with it? Its not a national television commercial!!!

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

What I don't get is why don't they advertise outside of game times? If their advertising most of the time during games, their advertising to people who are already, for the most part, in the loop on the Rockets.

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Actually, alligators are only strong when closing their mouths. The muscles that open an alligator's mouth are pretty weak, and an alligator's mouth can easily be held closed with one hand....

Uhhh...this is your useless zooligical fact for the day...carry on...

5. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

The premise of the commercials don't bother me. It's the crappy, low budget, home video camera look to them.

The least they could have done was hire a professional agency to produce them.

6. ewfd

ewfd Member

agreed.

7. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

I like 'em, they seem fine to me. I find the new Yao and Steve commercial amusing, where Steve passes Yao the plate and says, "Look, I pass to Yao, we're teammates!"

8. HotRocket

HotRocket Contributing Member

It's probably all one big marketing ploy. They believe that by showing some of the most anoying commercials over and over again, it will persuade people to goto the games so they don't have to sit through all the anoying commercials.

9. ewfd

ewfd Member

They show them on the big screen during the games too =]

10. DanzelKun

DanzelKun Contributing Member

What're yall, gay!? :D
    You're not supposed to complain about cleavage and short skirts! :eek:

11. James23

James23 Member

what about a commercial with yao and jordan?

12. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Im jumping into this conversation a little late, but I totally agree that it may be one of the worst commercials I have ever seen in my life? I absolutely hate when Yao walks down the sideline, gets to half court, turns 90 degrees like a Marine or something, then walks to half court. To cap it off, that up close shot of Yao's face is too much. Every time I see that up close shot of Yao, I pull one of these -----> :rolleyes:

Whoever made that commercial needs to retire.

13. Powerslave

Powerslave Member

That commercial is cool! I don't know what yall are smoking.

The cheerleaders are very hot.

14. thedreamisover

Yes, the cheerleaders are hot, but it is a waste of our Booty Girls to use them thusly. How about if instead of a chair one of them held out a bannana and the other girls nod,"No." ? Than she could move onto a cucumber with the same results, and so on until the get to a bratwurst or something. That would really show that they want to be a part of something big.

15. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

LMAO. That post made my night. That's just what I needed after the loss to the Jazz.

You are my hero.

16. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Its a fun advert! I ejoy it every time its on!

17. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Now were talking.

Seriously though. The T & A is nice but the commecial is long and pointless. The other ones I don't really mind so much but like Jeff said they get way too much play. I find myself singing "mean like an alligator, strong like a bear.." all day because they bang it into your head. Well, at least its not as bad as that damn "they call me Eliano Estacado" song.

18. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

OOOHHHHH COME ON!!!! those commercials are so bad that i have started taping the games and ff'ing through the sorry a$$ things. trust me, it is well worth the effort!

19. speedball

speedball Contributing Member

"Well, at least its not as bad as that damn "they call me Eliano Estacado" song."
    --llano estacado

20. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

"You're using the 'it's not you, it's me???' I invented the 'it's not you, it's me'!"

:D

Incidentally, Mrs JB and I laugh every time we hear that commercial now because of you. :)