1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/3/2012

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 3, 2012.

1. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

In my opionion, Lin is not as proven as a game ender than harde. There were a handful of games were he hit big shots when in NY. Harden is also an amazing closer when he was with OKC.

I understand they were gassed (thats on Mchale), but so was the Blazers. All Lin had to do was stay on his man and not help, that was the only thing I was frusterated about. Im harder on Lin than others because he is overhyped by the general public (not his fault), and we had the best pg combo in the league (both better than Lin). I want Lin to succeed but I am more critical of his game than others. That being said, the game should not have come close if we closed well and that is on the team.

2. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

LOL @ people who say Lin is passive.

You know McHale calls the plays right? And most of the plays he called tonight were Harden isos.

1 person likes this.
  3. rockyrhode

rockyrhode Member

Just visioning D-Mo trying to guard Aldridge makes my stomach ache. Just stop

4. Champ06

Champ06 Member

Yeah! Remember the minutes our starters have to play with our bench not helping in the last two games.

5. Gil

Gil Member

Allowing them to get a wide open 3 to tie it, Lin's turnover & then a combination of McHale's failure to call a TO & Harden settling for a jumpshot.

Three unforgivable mistakes in a matter of minutes.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The Fact that Patterson only had 6 rebounds pisses me off. Morris had 3 OFFENSIVE rebounds in less time. I couldn't see if Patterson was missing box out assignments like he did last year since I can only see shapes on my internet stream.

7. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

I smell a 22 game winning streak starting from next wednesday!

8. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

theres no argument against lowry and gogi both being better than lin.. les bought the hype and saw the china money calling his name..

lowry tonight 28/8/8

9. Knickskiller

Knickskiller Member

got a question about our lose to blazers.

I have a question

Got a question - cause i am a basketball noob.
    please enlighten me.
    After Jlin scored. shouldn't they have just protected the prerimeter and let them score a 2 and then simpily just run out the clock?

painful lost - almost had it .
    shouldn't have gone to overtime?

10. liveguy

liveguy Member

This.

We'll see if Mc adjusts the philosophy or not.

11. RollsRoyce

RollsRoyce Member

Aldridge killed us. Asik should have stayed on him instead of PPat. After Lin put us up 3, Por fed Aldirdge in the post and Harden had to double since PPat was getting killed. That led to the momentum killing dagger from Matthews.

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

A lot of those 24 shots were layups that go in 70% of the time.

He was tired and it showed.

13. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

we were stolen by the refs...

and our starters were too tired at 4 quarter

14. sgl_carlos

sgl_carlos Member

I wonder if TJones played tonight against Aldridge could he stop or limit Aldridge?

15. EarlIII

EarlIII Member

Are you kidding me? Wes got a pic and drove right around it and was wide open to the bucket? That was Lin's job to rotate and help out or else Wes would of had a layup.

16. rockmanslim

rockmanslim Member

raptors lost and are 0-2

1 person likes this.
  17. Solidz75

Solidz75 Rookie

OMG r u serious. Y'all gonna put the blame on Lin? Yeah it was a low percentage play but that wasn't what lost us the game. He needs to be more assertive though.. He is just deferring to Harden way too much.
    The first two games showed our glaring weakness.. Harden counts way too much for our offense. Reminds me of lebron cavaliers where lebron had to do everything. That will not work long term. This is a team game. Lin needs to do his thing. Asik needs to be the big man on the offensive end. Quite disappointed. They should've won this game.

18. kinein

kinein Member

Houston will improve. After they learn how to play off each other and build chemistry over the next 30 games I think hopefully someone tells Lin to be more assertive.

Course the entire team needs to do a better job on rest & recovery - pour on the recovery supplements, ice baths, massages, etc.

When I see Harden score 50 and lin score 40 or something like that ~ I'll know they've finally clicked and got it.

19. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

If we still had Dragic, we lose the Detroit game. Aside from Harden, Lin's defensive play was the difference in that game.

The type of game Dragic plays, he would have had about two or three more shots blocked in this game (the Blazers' help defense was outstanding), but that's about it.

20. SaoPaolo

SaoPaolo Member

we were stolen by the refs...

and our starters were too tired at 4 quarter