1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will James Harden win the scoring title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 2, 2012.

?

Will James Harden win the scoring title?

1. YES SIR! KEVIN WHO?!

159 vote(s)
    67.7%
  2. NO WAY!

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  3. T-MAC is so sick!

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd put my money on Melo.

2. Franchize

Franchize Member

It's an insult to even compare him to Tmac

3. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

Harden is answering every single doubter. Honestly, most of us don't expect him that good. But he is proving he is worth every dollar.

4. devilsdandruff

45pts on 19 shot attempts.

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

26 points on 26 shots

6. Ultimate6thMan

it's very possible if the team stays constructed as it is now. If we add another superstar by the Allstar break, then his numbers could decrease a little bit.

Either way, he will be in the top 5 more than likely as he should easily average over 25ppg.

7. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

I expected him to be good, but 40+ points in just 1 week with the Rockets is just unbelievable. I think his back-to back 40 points tops Charles Barkleys rebound run because he did it in a short amount of time with his teammates. People dog J.Lin about turnovers, Harden had 5 most tonight. We need to give it a rest on turnovers as 1 of the most overrated stat in NBA.

8. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

This. Morey haters need to come clean, own up to their shortsightedness and give credit where credit is due not pretend like they were on the bandwagon from day one. Just own up and all will be forgiven.

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

maybe the thunder should have let durant walk and kept harden!

10. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

don't worry it'll prob. settle down to 36 min. a game instead of 40 I mean what is 40 that bad...Super Stars play 40 min. a lot...

But whatever...I think he will play between 36-39 when it all averages out, and I'd go with the latter, he doesn't look tired at all....When he has to guard anther super star well, he'll have to slow down, but it all depends game wise, this guy is 23, and has a lot of confidence from his coaches, and management, and he himself thinks he can do this...WHY NOT?!-Tmac led early after 2 games back in like 06-07 tearing up the Jazz for like 48 one night out of the first two...James Harden scores though without having to put up the volume, he is not a ball stopper, and not only does he score he HAS HEART, and plays D, that saves us points, Martin in OKC is over there making, and missing, and giving up points...that is what Martin did...score, but didn't play D...Tmac only played D when he wanted to

James Harden will never be called Tmac V2.0 bc he is already better than TMAC ever was...he has done more in the playoffs, and arguably won more games for his teams...any ways who ever said that...nah...He looks like his own new style a mix of DWade, Ginobli, LBJ, Cuttino, Lamar Odom, he looks like a lot of guys...most importantly the game is at ease for him...

11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

James Harden's career path has a striking resemblance to T-mac. High draft pick who was a stud role player for his first couple of seasons then moves to another team to become the man.

12. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

maybe james harden can also lead us to a 22-game win streak.

13. AFS

AFS Member

Except Harden knows what it's like to win playoff series.

14. johnkamla

johnkamla Contributing Member

He has a real shot. Every other top scorer has a pretty strong 2nd scorer and sometimes third scorer. Lebron has Wade. Durant has Westbrook. Kobe has Gasol, Howard and Nash. Harden has Lin. Obviously, no comparison.

These two games are no fluke. This guy can score from anywhere on the floor and he's going to have the ball a lot. He has a very good chance of leading the league in scoring. But the most awesome thing is - he's not a ball hog. He's makes guys around him better.

15. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I'd rather have a guy that can lead us deep into the playoffs.;)

16. nadman89

nadman89 Member

eventually ppl will defend him right and double team him etc durant is the best scorer in the league no conversation here harden i love but lets be honest guys durant is a top 2 player do u guys remember when rashard scored 50 twice to open a season

17. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

It's OK man, we all know you were wrong. Just admit it, and jump on board. The train is moving fast, and it's an exciting time to be a Rocket.

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree with this. Even on the Rockets both Steve Francis and Cuttino Mobley were averaging over 40 mins a game one year.

19. Linsanity 2.0

Linsanity 2.0 Member

Durant plays with Westbrook, which means he will get less shots than he should. Beyond that, it wasn't a Durant vs. Harden issue, it was about them either not giving Ibaka the huge contract, or amnestying that inefficient center they got, Perkins.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

like Rick Adelman did.