1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Did you guys ever have any paranormal/scary experiences?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by LCII, Jun 23, 2012.

1. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

My cousin recently moved here from Secunderabad, India. On a recent road trip exploring America, we were shootin **** and exchanging ghost stories and laughing at similarities and differences between American ghost stories and Indian ghost stories when I asked her if she's ever experienced anything supernatural. Her eyes widened as she averted her eyes to the window. Just when the silence was about to be too much for me, she softly responded "Yes. A few. One is troubling."

"When I was a second year in college, I stayed at in an all-girl hostel [dorm]. I made many friends. We were all very happy to be in school away from our conservative parents. The hostel was so much fun, but it was a very very old building. Electricity was only put in the rooms. Sometimes, candles were placed along the windows if a watchman was present, but normally once you left the rooms, you were faced with complete darkness. It's common to wake up someone if you needed to walk down to the restroom at the end of the hall. We all had a childish fear of being alone in the dark.

One night, I had to use the restroom. It was about 4am. I went to my friend's bed and tapped her on the arm. She immediately opened her eyes as soon as I touched her. I apologized for bothering her, and told her I needed to pee. She smiled at me and hopped out of bed. All the way down the hallway, she laughed and danced. I could not see her at all, but her bangles clanked together loudly and the bells on her anklets jingled softly. It was very calming. I laughed and sashayed my hips down the hallway with her, too tired to match elaborate arm movements. She said nothing to me, though occasionally I heard her hum one of our favorite bollywood songs. The same thing happened on our return. I fell back asleep easily.

I awoke fairly late the next morning to the sound of men in our room. They surrounded her bed. I bolted from my bed, prepared to protect my friend, when I realized they were administrators of the college. I peered over closer. My friend's lifeless eyes were fixated on my bed; the same smile on her face. Suicide. Her time of death was 11:30pm, almost 5 hours before I woke her."

This happened to a friend of mine; i just copy and pasted the story here. will share my family's own ghostly encounters when i get around to writing them. Do you guys have anything similar that you'd like to share?

#1 LCII, Jun 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  2. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

While I think the story is traumatic, I think there's a more plausible explanation than a ghost accompanying the cousin to the bathroom. It's India so I wouldn't trust the time or cause of death. If the police/medical examiner had any investigative skills they would have interviewed the cousin to find out the victim was alive at 4 AM.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Can't say I have, but others around me sure have.

OP: how did the college administrators come to the conclusion that it was suicide?

4. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

About 10 years old visiting the Grandparents up north. Grandfather worked at a hospice, so I would go with him and visit the patients. One day we went to a house of a patient I guess to pick him up or something, I don't really know why, but when we came inside he had blown off the top half of his head with a rifle with his toes.

But then he wasn't there.

:confused:

5. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

I'm a whole hearted believer in ghosts, spirits, paranormal entities, whatever you'd rather call it. I believe it.

I was once haunted for a few years at my old place. I thought I was going crazy until several of my friends witnessed several things along with me in multiple instances. Swear on my life this is all true.

In an attempt to nutshell it all, it all started very small and innocent back in 6th grade and would grow into bigger more aggressive encounters sporadically through out the following 3-4 years or so.

See my mom was quite the party-er, so every Thursday and Saturdays she'd hit Moe's or what ever other hangout spot she frequented. And **** would always and ONLY go down whenever either I was by myself at home, or I had a friend sleeping over.

(FYI, my room was essentially the entire upstairs. It was originally a huge game room and we just made it one big bedroom)

- So it all started with noises heard downstairs. Nothing like the house settling or anything. You'd hear things like the silverware drawer opening and closing, eating utensils being shuffled around (the majority of my room was also directly over the kitchen) doors being slammed. Friends would hear them as well on nights. And I eventually grew to get use to the sounds when whatever it was upped it an ante.

- The route to my room is just a single staircase and then you're at the front of my bedroom door. And the stairs were weak and creaky, so eventually I'd be watching TV then hear a faint step................. then another faint step.... I'd mute the TV, and hear another and then another picking up pace but still moving slow. And each step would increase in volume as it got closer to the top and after about a minute time span I'd hear the last step right outside of my door and every GD time I'd just freeze and stare at the door waiting for it to open. My dog, Max, would hear the steps waiting by the door for Mom or someone to walk thru. This too would continue through out the year until I eventually got used to it.

- That's about the time things would pick up and items would wind up missing for moments at time and then all the sudden end up being somewhere random thru out the house. This is when I started getting in trouble for things because something of my Moms would go missing and she'd find it in peculiar places around the house - me of course getting the blame.

An example of my moms sstuff going missing: She had this nice clock in her bathroom that went missing only to be found a few days later on top of some high shelf cabinet in the dining room.

An example of my items going missing: I'd have these cassette tapes that I had always placed in a OCD-like specific area. One day I had looked for one of them to find something on there and it was missing from its designated area. Left to go to blockbuster and came back and the cassette was laying square on my pillow

- This was the first **** BRICKS moment: I had a bunch of old toys boxed up that was just collecting dust in the closet. Well I had my own bathroom up there which was on the same side of the room as my TV at the time. So I'm sitting up late one night watching the tube with my bathroom door open when - **THUNK!!! THUNK!! THUNK THUNK!!!** booming sounds similar to when a shampoo bottle falls off of its bath shelf and clunks into the tub, only four of them in a row. After growing my balls back to normal size, I go to the bath tub to find 4 power ranger action figurines on the floor of the tub.. Toys I havent seen nor touched in years.

Alright
    I'm tired of typing.. see what happens when I try to nutshell everything???
    Consider this part one.. I'll continue later... it only gets creepier

ABRIDGED VERSION
    - Started back in 6th grade
    - Would begin innocent, growing increasingly aggressive thru out years
    - Paranormal incidents only occurred when either home alone or with a friend, never with parents home
    - Started as apparent sounds of drawers being opened/closed rapidly, silverware being shuffled around in sinks, the door to the garage slaming, all while in my room upstairs
    - Eventually, apparent door steps would be heard slowly making its way up the stairs leading directly to my room. Steps would increase in pace and volume and dog heard too
    - Items, both mine and my moms, would wind up missing only to be found in various random places through out house
    - While watching TV home alone one late night, roaring THUDS would reign out from my bath tub. Upon further inspection, I found 4 action figurines that I hadn't seen nor touched in years that somehow made its way and "fell" in my tub

- More to come, and they only get scarier [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

Dude ... I would've booked it after I heard some weird noises more than once...

7. TdashDUB

Maaaan I found out very quick my Mom wasn't going to accept any ghost-talk or hear me out on everything I was hearing. She'd just brush it off as my imagination running wild. That's mainly why I was so relieved once my friends started hearing/seeing these things too lol

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Damn that's spooky. I'm happy my house isn't very old (built for the last family before us). How old is our house? Do you know its history?

9. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

10. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Really should not have read this thread right before going to sleep. Between this and the scary dreams thread I'm probably going to wet the bed.

11. tomato

tomato Member

yes
    twice a ghost
    once aliens

12. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Junior year of college I shared an apartment with 3 others guys since it was on campus housing. A few "paranormal" things may or may not have happened.

One night, my roommate and I were up a little bit late and ended up having a conversation b/c neither of us could fall asleep. We were both in bed though so it was completely dark and everyone else in the house was asleep. Out of nowhere our door started rattling. But it was like the door itself wasn't moving, only the doorknob. So were both a bit spooked but nothing too crazy. Checked outside and no one was there, it was just odd.

A few night later we had this suite mate who often times would go study very late at night b/w 10pm-8am. So often times we'd hear him opening the front door and it slamming shut. The air pressure from the front door was enough to make the other doors in the apartment (even the ones upstairs) shake a little bit and even shut if they weren't fully closed. We actually figured that's what happened the other night, but like i said everyone was asleep. Regardless, it was late at night and we were both having another conversation like he previous time. Oddly enough our room's door once again started rattling really badly! So we were both like what the hell. My roommate got up to check what was going on but there was nothing once again! A few seconds later though the other guy (late study dude) ended up walking in the front door and the whole pressure thing happened again. But that definitely wasn't what was causing our door to rattle like that! And for the record this isn't like oh someone was walking downstairs rattling. This was full on someone was shaking the door hard.

So we were both a bit creeped out or whatever, but eh nothing major. It was new housing but stuff still happens.

The real weird thing happened a few days later. I was downstairs making dinner and my roommate was upstairs watching a movie or something. So anyways he had headphones on and all that. From downstairs I thought I heard him talking so obviously I yell to him and ask him what he wants. He doesn't respond though. I didn't really care all that much because if i went to check my macaroni would have burned lol. So I kept making dinner. A few seconds later I heard this really weird noise. It's something I can't even describe. It was like a growling yelp sort of thing. Anyways it freaked me out and I thought he was choking! He had been eating as well, so I ran up to check on him. When I got in there he still had headphones on was just like "uh what's going on?" So I asked if he was alright and I had heard a weird noise/him talking to me or someone. He said he hadn't said anything. But where it gets weird is, he said he thought I was upstairs talking to someone on the phone or something! So we had both heard something but neither of us were talking!! All the windows in the apartment were closed and everything and the place was pretty soundproof. I was really creeped out because they choking sound I heard was really disconcerting.

Needless to say I was a bit superstitious after that but I let it go. I think we both came to the conclusion that having watched paranormal activity it's best to not acknowledge that **** lol.

But anyways that's that!

Had some weird stuff happen as a kid and i'll share if anyone wants to hear

13. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

When I first came to America, I got into a bar fight and shortly after, met an attractive woman in a business suit named Irene. We had a bit of a chat, and anyway, she ended up giving me a small statuette. I thought it was pretty weird, but whatever. Later on, I took the statue to an archeologist by the name of Walter Smith, who explained the legend of the light and dark statues.

Then things got really weird...

The CIA showed up and some guy Foster showed me a PowerPoint presentation about some crazy old ruins in Brazil. Well, I just had to go there, so I went to the ruins, yadda yadda yadda... and before I knew it the dark statue cracked open and a huge demon came out! I had to use my mad ninja skillz to subdue this beast, but it all worked out in the end, and I even scored with Irene!

14. shipwreck

shipwreck Member

Once I ordered a meatball sub and I asked for bell peppers on it. I saw the guy put the bell peppers on it. I open it up at home and there were tons of onions and olives and other **** I didn't order, but no bell peppers!?

I was naturally completely freaked out, so I asked my sister if she had seen anything abnormal and she said just got done watching Ricki Lake and that she was out of Marlboro's. She took the sandwich back to Subway for me and and they just gave her some bell peppers on the side. By the time she got home, they were gone. Maybe she ate them, maybe she smoked them, or just maybe, it was the ghost of Subway trying to f**k with me.

I was scared.

1 person likes this.
  15. TdashDUB

Umm.. Around these parts, we take our ghost stories pretty serious here and not to be made a mockery of

This is much more like it [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

There was another forum i used to post on a few years back. For as long as i could remember, there was this one guy who never liked me for whatever reason. He would constantly insult me and threaten to kill me, etc. Well, i decided it might be a good idea to stand up to him, so i basically wrote out a paragraph telling him what i thought.

Big Mistake.

This didn't go over too well with him as he would lash out whenever I posted. Apparently we lived close to each other because he said he had boys right near my house. Anyways one day i'm coming home from the gym and i get out of my car when i see an SUV speeding towards my house with rap music blaring. I ran inside and locked the doors, scared ****less. My family was scared too and were about to call the cops. The suv pulled up to my driveway and 5 thugs got out.

I didnt want to endanger my family or anything so i figured i should go out and talk, which was really stupid. the "head" of them comes up to me and just stands there. I am confused.

Out of nowhere, he cracks a smile and says yo you know me right!? he puts out his hand for me to slap..i am very unsure because idk wtf is going on. i reluctantly go to slap hands when he bats it away and turns serious...thats when I realized... they were up to no good, started making trouble in our neighborhood i got in one little fight and my mom got scared she said your moving with your auntie and uncle in belair i whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and had dice in the mirror if anything i could say that this cab was rare but i thought nah, forget it yo home to bel-air! ipulled- up to a house about seven or eight i yelled to the cabbie yo home, smell you later looked at my kingdom i was finally there to sit on my throne as the prince of bel-air.

1 person likes this.
  17. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I'm a psychiatrist who helps kids. Well, many years ago I attempted to help a young man who said he heard voices. I didn't believe him. I tried to get to the real root of his problem, but got nowhere and eventually referred him to a friend.

A few years later that same troubled boy, now a man, broke into my house and cried that he never got help. As he was breaking down, he shot me in the stomach. I vowed to never let a child down again.

So I came upon another young boy who claimed to hear voices. He said he saw ghosts. I did my best to help him and even became close with the child. I have to admit I saw things that made me question if I was wrong about him imagining it. After spending a few weeks with him I became a believer. One night he and I talked and then let me in on his big secret.

I was a ghost.

Apparently the bullet I took months earlier was a fatal injury. Talk about my face being red! Needless to say I now believe the boy.

18. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Seriously though, one of the houses I grew up in was haunted. I saw it once and things would turn off or on by themselves when I was home alone.

19. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I've never really had any sort of experience like these.

The only thing even remotely similar that kind of freaked me out happened one night when I was up late in my dorm studying. It was a small dorm room. It was all one room, and when you walk through the door there is a closet on each side and a bed on each side, with a little table on each side at the end of the room for your "studying".... we never used those tables though.

Anyways, this night I was laying in my bed studying. The light was off, but my laptop was on, so the room was still lit up a little bit. My roommate had been sleeping on his bed for a couple of hours. Then all of a sudden, I notice him sit up on his bed, put his feet on the ground and stand up. I didn't really think anything of it for a second, I just thought he was getting up to do something. Then he says "I own this place."

I look over at him and he's just standing there (both of his eyes open) right by his bed. I ask him what he is talking about, and he says "I own this ****ing place." I didn't really know how to respond so I just sat there quietly. A few moments later he sat back down on his bed, lied down, and went back to sleep.

I asked him in the morning what he was talking about, and he didn't remember anything. I was roommates with him for 4 years, and that was the only time he ever did anything like that. I just chalked it up as a one-time sleepwalking incident.

20. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

My brother-in-law's family owns the old Debakey family's ranch and we go out there all the time. They ended up building a new house on the property but there was the "main house" from the 70s/80s there when they bought it. Whats weird is the people did not take their stuff. Their clothes, beds, shoes, kitchen stuff...ect. So last year we went up for my sister's wedding and I brought 2 buddys. We had the option to either stay in the old house or pay for a hotel...(easy choice).

What sucks is I went there a night before my friends therefore I stayed alone in the house the first night. Basically, I got pretty hammered so when I finally stumbled in later that night, I was headed straight to bed. All I remember is hearing the front door creak like it was opening slowly a few times. I thought it was the wind. I also thought I heard footsteps all through the night. They started waking me up. By that point, I was honestly scared. I threw my ipod headphones in and just manned up.

My friends arrive the next day and I tell them about the house. They thought I was messing with them. One of my buddies ended up feeling sick mid way through the wedding so he went to that house to lay down and try to feel better. We didnt hear from him all through the night so we finally walked to the house (which is secluded from the main area). When we walked in he was curled up under a blanket and heard us come in so he shot up & was so relieved we were back. He claimed he heard the same stuff I heard plus he said he heard a person whistling. He was so freaked out he ended up sleeping in his truckbed that night. Thats the only reason I believe him. That was the only time ive ever experienced something like that.