1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Austin Rivers unimpressive workout drill with Wizards

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by arjun, Jun 17, 2012.

1. arjun

arjun Member

where's the effort?
    he doesnt look like he has the body for an nba player

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QzULm7APeIs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. arjun

arjun Member

here is beal doing the same drill later in the video basically. def much more impressive..i guess thats the difference between a high lotto pick vs a late one.

or in other words the differnce between a top 5 pick and the rockets great #14......

-_-

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ib8Clfreyak" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

3. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

That's the difference between a guy who doesn't want to get drafted by Washington (Rivers) and a guy who wouldn't mind getting drafted by Washington.

Rivers dogged that workout on purpose.

4. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

That's right. Rivers wants to go #14 to the Rockitz so he can get to play in the D-League!

Seriously though, the Wizards might not be the perfect situation, but you can do a lot worse IMO. Never mind the much higher salary.

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Just remember that, if you're a Rockets fan who wants the team to move up in the draft, you WANT guys like Austin Rivers to do well in their workouts with teams like Washington and Cleveland. Obviously, those teams are working out guys like Rivers in the event they choose to trade down.

1 person likes this.
  6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Do you really think Austin Rivers lacked the talent to do well in a shooting drill?

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I'll start calling him El Paso Rivers...

8. Carl Herrera

His family doesnt need the money. He probably is happy with whichever team gave him that promise.

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Sounds like it was at the end of the workout and he was probably gassed. Dude sure is cocky though.

10. parmesh

parmesh Member

Am I seeing Sam Cassell?!

11. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Damn, not even taking into account whether or not the shots went in... the dude looks terrible.

I really hope he was bombing that workout on purpose.

12. Downtownbrown

Downtownbrown Member

Rockets need a player that is cocky. We need a strong minded player who isn't scared to play his game. In other words he has mindset of a finisher.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Just give me a superstar that can play. I don't really care if he's cocky or not. Just so long as he can play, big time play. There's plenty of cocky players out there that can't play a lick or that think way too highly of their average skillset. Just give me a superstar that can play.

14. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Out of the two, Beal is a better pick to be a superstar.

15. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

If Austin Rivers fell to us, Morey would be a fool not to take him

He has that i dont give a *&^@ type of mentality about the game, reminds me a bit of Kobe in some ways( not talent wise though). This guy also comes from a great basketball family

I would take him, just like i would have taken Klay Thompson last year. These guys that have fathers that have played in the NBA bodes well for their future. see.. Stephon Curry(for example)

If Austin Rivers is a BUST, it will be because of injuries. He has been around the game too long, for any of the news things in the NBA like the attention to get to him

That being said, their is no way he falls to 14

16. Carl Herrera

Doesn't Terrence Williams also have the same attitude? Von Wafer?

17. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

yeah!! rivers purposely dog workout!!!!!!!!!

but really, he just sucks lol

18. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

But not the intangibles, and the readiness for the NBA, like Austin Rivers

Nothing about the NBA would surpise players like Stephon Curry, Klay Thomspon, and Austin Rivers( because they technically grew up around the NBA). Thats what i meant

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

Beal barely looks taller than Sam Cassell. Pass on this guy.

20. Samdogg36

Samdogg36 Member

I'm a gator fan/rockets fan and yes Beal is hands down better than rivers in every category...the guy is going to be a superstar and I see him as being a very loyal player...not to mention he is opposite of rivers as he is very humble and far from being a trash talker...if he didn't move up and somehow get him I wouldn't be upset though with picking up rivers cause he is a young player who can flat out shoot...I personally would take Beal out of anyone in the draft based on what I have seen