1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

NBA Finals: Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 25, 2011.

?

What do you expect to be the result

1. Dallas in 4

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Dallas in 5

12 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Dallas in 6

113 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Dallas in 7

43 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Miami in 4

10 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Miami in 5

40 vote(s)
    10.8%
  7. Miami in 6

115 vote(s)
    31.1%
  8. Miami in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

That's a pretty simple view...your greater than/less than scale doesn't show how much more of an advantage one position has over the other. I guess it took you all of 1 min to think of the NBA finals and its outcome. Ignorance is bliss?

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The Heat are more talented simply because of Lebron. Yes Dirk has been great all season and the playoffs but Lebron has done it on both sides of the ball.

JJ and Jet will be contained. Too much perimeter D with Lebron and Wade. What LBJ did on Rose was insane.

3. Severe Rockets Fan

Where did you get your numbers? You DO realize Bowen was guarding him for much of that series?

4. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Should I add more >>>> :eek:

Rocket River
    . . . and I am simplistic? :rolleyes:

6. Octavianus

Octavianus Member

7. Severe Rockets Fan

Heya River...do what you gots to do bro...it's your post. If putting little greater than/less than signs without any explanation tells us everything you think of the finals then I guess that's the best way you can possibly convey your thoughts. Yeah, I think it's simplistic..so what? Here's your rationale of Michael Jordan in his prime vs. a bunch of 5th graders...

MJ>great 5th grader
    bad fifth grader < great fifth grader

Obviously the great fifth graders will win because they have more players that are better at their position, MJ doesn't stand a chance...bravo :rolleyes:

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Portland, LA, and OKC aren't Miami and this isn't the regular season...Miami aren't chopped liver and the Mavs don't have the defense that Boston or Chicago had.

9. ocelot4ark

ocelot4ark Member

I never said Miami was.

But Dallas' DEFENSE is a heck of a lot closer to Boston/Chicago than EITHER of those teams' OFFENSE when compared to Dallas.

The Heat are a great team. You have to be to get to the finals. But they haven't faced a team that plays offense with any semblance of efficiency. It's easy to talk a bunch of noise about their defense when they haven't been tested.

10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

let's just put it this way: if OKC with westbrook/durant/harden could get to the line at will, lebron/wade will absolutely obliterate the ft line for the heat.

game 1: 43fts for okc
    game 2: 26fts
    game 3: 36fts
    game 4: 25fts
    game 5: 25fts

the heat will LIVE at the line vs the mavericks. as they have all season.

and it's absurd to think that dallas' D is anywhere close to the celtics/bulls. if you haven't been watching the WCF series.

11. OHMSS

OHMSS Rookie

I'm thinking Heat in 7.

12. Severe Rockets Fan

With that logic, how have the Mavs "been tested"? Boston was a more efficient offensive team in the regular season than the mavs...it didn't matter. And they had a much better defense. The only reason the mavs look so good recently is because Dirk has had 2 good series out of 3. He didn't look so incredibly impressive vs. the Blazers, that's how I see him doing vs. the Heat. He'll get some points, but the mavs are going to look awfully slow and outmatched in this series. I highly doubt this goes 7 games.

13. Steve_Francis_rules

According to basketball-reference, the Mavs were 8th in both offensive (109.7 points per 100 possessions) and defensive rating (105.0) this year. The Bulls were 1st in defensive rating (100.3) and 11th in offensive rating (108.3). You could also look at scoring margin, where the Bulls were three points better during the regular season than the Mavs.

So technically, Chicago's offense (during the regular season) was closer to being as good as Dallas' offense than Dallas' defense was to being as good as Chicago's defense.

Of course, the Mavs are playing out of their minds offensively in the playoffs so far, whereas the Bulls started to struggle offensively even before they played the Heat.

14. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

You forgot that Chicago, Miami, and Boston all play in the LEASTERN conference. If Rockets were in the east, they would have home court advantage instead of in the lottery.

15. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

It's laughable to even think Bull's offense is anywhere close to Dallas's offense, or how Miami's offense is even better than Dallas. Numbers do lie, in this case.

16. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Repped.

I would bet money that Blazers, Lakers, and Thunder would easily beat 76ers, Celtics, and Bulls if they meet in the playoffs. Miami's road to the Finals had been a cake-walk, while Dallas has been battle tested.

17. ElVenezolano

ElVenezolano Contributing Member

Heat in 6 games they win all home games plus one at Dallas.

18. VanityHalfBlack

Well see.....

[​IMG]

19. Steve_Francis_rules

You are an idiot. You're absolutely right about the 76ers. First round series are easier for the higher seeds in the East than in the West. But the Celtics were a top team and the Bulls were THE top team in the league (and, for the record, had a BETTER record against the Western conference than against the "Leastern" conference).

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I hope it's not a sweep cuz I just got a ticket to Game 5!!!