1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

The rumble in LA

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by FranchiseBlade, Oct 25, 2002.

1. kidrock8

kidrock8 Member

Why am I not surprised that Christie's wife felt the need to get involved?

Say what you want about greasy Fox, but at least he has a real woman he can call a wife.

Christie should get a refund for that mail-order Amazon of a wife.

2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but he couldn't stop himself from saying this (which I have to admit is pretty funny):

According to several witnesses, Christie's wife also joined the fracas, the Los Angeles Times reported.

"I guess she thought he needed some help," Fox told the newspaper.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wow, the entire Kings bench could face suspension.

"<i>The entire Kings team left the bench and tried to help Christie. They all could face suspensions as well. </i>"

4. PurvisShort

PurvisShort Member

vanessa looks good no question, but it must take shiz for brains to like a jackass like fox.

5. PurvisShort

PurvisShort Member

fox does NOT regret what he did, he's only politicking for less sit-at-home-with-vanessa's-kids-from-her-first-marriage suspension time.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Fox gets a 6 game suspension. Christie 2 games. No One Else fined.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2002/1028/1452258.html

Fox suspended six games, Christie two

Los Angeles Lakers forward Rick Fox was suspended six games and Sacramento Kings guard Doug Christie will sit out two games by the NBA for fighting in last Friday's preseason finale.

NBA vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson suspended no other players even though the fisticuffs drew all of Christie's Kings teammates off the bench and Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal, who did not play and was in street clothes.

There are no additional fines, either. Only Fox and Christie will lose their salaries for the games they'll be suspended.

Fox will lose $289,349 in salary, while Christie will lose $138,889 in salary.

Fox's first game back would be Nov. 8, a nationally televised game on ESPN against Michael Jordan's Washington Wizards. Christie would be eligible to play for the Kings on Saturday at Memphis.

7. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah having a loyal wife, who's willing to go the distance is a real bummer. How unlucky Christie is to have someone like that.:rolleyes:

It's also funny that earlier you tried to cast dispersions on Christie's 'lesbian looking wife' when Williams is the one in the photos with another woman.

I don't really care what sexual orientation people are, but you seem to have preocupation with it, and despite that you still get it wrong.

8. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

man i love that fight..
    does anyone have a clip?? or knows where i can download it from?

9. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Thank you. Any validity kidrock8 had to his statements about "blind hating" of Kobe Bryant goes out the window now with this ignorant "blind ass-kissing" of Rick Fox, and the rest of the Lakers.

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Fox suspended for six games, Christie gets two

New York, NY (Sports Network) - Los Angeles Lakers forward Rick Fox was suspended for six games and Sacramento guard Doug Christie will be benched for two games as a result of their altercation during Friday night's preseason finale at Staples Center, NBA senior vice president of basketball operations Stu Jackson announced Monday.

The fight added fuel to an already heated Lakers-Kings rivalry, as Fox and Christie exchanged punches on the court before the bout later continued in the runway near the locker room. Fox will lose $289,349 in salary, while Christie will have to give up $138,889. Fox's suspension is higher because he started the violence on the court, and then ran through the hallways of Staples Center to confront Christie at the other side of the arena.

Fox elbowed Christie for an offensive foul with 9:53 left in the opening quarter of the final preseason game for both teams. Christie fell to the floor and then Fox pushed his open hand to Christie's face. The Kings' guard responded by throwing a punch to Fox's chin.

Both players were ejected, but in the tunnel there was another fracas. Christie tackled Fox through a curtain. Shaquille O'Neal, in street clothes, had words for Kings center Vlade Divac and the two pushed for position.

All Sacramento players came off the court toward the tunnel, but eventually came back for the game. However, no other fines were handed out.

"While players from both teams left their bench areas during the altercation, we are not imposing suspensions on those players," Jackson said. "Our rule regarding an automatic suspension for players leaving the bench was not intended to apply in a highly unusual situation like this one, where an altercation occurs in an access tunnel or hallway. In this circumstance, our judgment was that the players who left the bench were attempting to break up the fight and did not escalate the altercation. Therefore, we have issued no penalties for those players."

The Lakers defeated the Kings in a hard-fought seven-game series in the Western Conference finals last season on the way to their third straight NBA title.

10/28 16:08:28 ET

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Did you even read the posts on this page? :)

12. napster

napster Member

Fox may be a punk for doing what he did..

but come on....did you guys hear the Christie's story about his wife? it's not dedication or loyalty anymore, it's more like fatal attraction.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

What's the story?? :confused:

14. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

He's whipped by his wife. She's a psycho b****.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The suspensions were pretty light. Must be because LA and the Kings are the NBA's main attractions...

16. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

see my signature for bill simmons take on it

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

I read it earlier and then just scanned it when I posted the article and missed the post about the suspensions..but how does reposting the article for a 3rd time help :p

18. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

Fox shouldn't be talking. It was he that needed help.

19. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Strange - all the players left the bench and I don't see any penalties dished out to them?