1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lee needs to start the rest of the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bratna8, Apr 1, 2011.

1. bratna8

bratna8 Member

We owe that to him.....season would have been over without that steal.

Guy never quit.

2. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

I'm assuming you mean instead of Budinger?

3. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

If it aint broke, dont fix it!

4. chadyang

chadyang Member

Exactly That's too critical..before that play I was gonna stop watching

5. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Yup. The single sequence of play showed me that the guy will fight till the end.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I loved his D on Ginobli in OT, that shet was suffocating

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

he's always gone full speed every play...lowry, lee, and usually chuck never seem to take plays off.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I wonder why everyone is treating Budinger like Chopped liver lately. Bud had a solid game and played pretty good D on everyone he guarded. I'm fine with Bud splitting minutes with Lee. They are both wildly inconsistent anyway.

9. spence99

spence99 Member

He's closing and that's more important than starting. Don't need to change anything.

10. Mashing

Mashing Member

Lee is shooting over 40% from the the 3 line. That's not inconsistent. He plays hard nose, in your face defense. I'd rather see him start than Bud. He hasn't really gotten a fair chance as starting on this team, I think he'd fit in fine (although Adelman may want him in the second unit for a reason)

11. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

This is what the guy does. And he can shoot and score better then Bud. Its just logical to start him over Bud.

What the hell is up with Aldeman? He has screwed this team with personnel selection all damn season long.

12. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

What did you see his defense at the end of regulation. Luckily he had help defense from the game clock otherwise, our season wouldve concluded tonite.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

You do realize Lee is 6'4 on a good day and Kevin Martin is comprised 40% Papier-mâché and 60% marshmallow. All the defense in the world can't make up for the size he and Martin will give up. Did you see how Vince Carter Dominated Him when he was tasked with that assignment. Could you imagine if Lee was guarding the 80% of the SF in the league that are bigger than Vince?

Chase held Jefferson to 5 points and has played good D on all the SF he has faced of late. You guys are trippin' slightly.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I agree with the OP. He's playing better on both ends of the floor than Chase is.

15. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

We've already seen how Chase plays when he can't play with Lowry.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

You can't start Lee and Martin together unless the other team goes small.

Lee's specialty is guarding big point guards or quick SG, he's not strong enough or most importantly not tall enough to guard normal size SF or bigger SG.

17. MiracleShot

MiracleShot Member

Lee let Ginobli go by him because before Ginobli even jumped in the air, the clock had gone off. It's not help defense from the clock, it's called clock awareness.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

CLee is a starting caliber two-guard, what a luxury to have this guy as a backup.

19. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Agreed that Lowry makes Chase a better player. Also agree that Lee is better and should start over Cbud. I like Chase a lot, but I think Lee is the defender regardless of basically any matchup. I don't think Lee is "too small" as others would say. I really can't say there is any category I can think of offhand that I would say Chase is better than Lee in.

20. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Yeah, he played such great defense that Ginobili couldn't get space to get off a shot. Very smart play by Lee.