1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good take on Kobe Bryant

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by clippy, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Steve_Francis_rules

If you're still referring to my post, I think you're not "picking it apart" because there is nothing to pick. I just listed facts. Tim Duncan has been the leader of the most consistently excellent franchise in pro sports since he entered the NBA. He's also won more individual awards than Kobe Bryant.

2. lean

lean Member

Subjective.

3. supdudes

supdudes Member

Be original, my friend. Plus I'm not mad, just mildly annoyed at the pointlessness of this thread. Instead of having multiple forums overrun with fanboy talk..why not just have one thread titled "Goodbug vs clippy n company:****'s going down".

4. clippy

clippy Member

I would be more than happy to relegate all Kobe/LeBron discussion to a single thread, if it meant keeping douchebug out of all of the other threads.

However, I don't see why you think this topic is pointless? Did you even watch the video? Sure, I posted it because it reiterates many of my beliefs about how Kobe is overrated by today's NBA fans & the media influence, but it is not like it is a hate piece. Blitz just talks about how players are reffed and judged differently based on their popularity and/or status in the NBA's marketing plans. Is that so hard to believe? Don't we, as fans of an alleged sport, deserve better than that?

5. The Situation

The Situation Member

Dude, get a life. Seriously, all you ever do is quote everyone who says something good about Kobe and tell em he's overrated.

Anyway, even Magic is taking shots at Kobe now

http://www.complex.com/sports/2011/...nson-talks-trash-about-kobe-bryant-on-twitter

6. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Magic said last finals on ABC that "Kobe is still the best current player in the game."

7. clippy

clippy Member

8. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

I think it's a wash, probably give the slight edge to Duncan. But both are legit top 10 all-time players, and Kobe is overrated in the sense that people don't shut up about the Jordan comparisons. He is however, a damn good player, and I respect him. Someone that great like Kobe deserves respect, if nothing else.

9. number22

number22 Member

lmao :cool:

10. showtang043

showtang043 Member

Most FGs Made In Clutch*, Past Three Seasons
    Player FGs
    Kobe Bryant 10-21
    Dirk Nowitzki 8-13
    Carmelo Anthony 8-16
    Rudy Gay 8-17
    * Clutch defined as the last 10 seconds of a game tied or trailing by three or fewer

Most Go-Ahead FGs In Clutch Since 2003-04
    Player FGs
    Carmelo Anthony 15*
    Kobe Bryant 15
    Ray Allen 11
    Dirk Nowitzki Col 2

Yea, he it is definitely a myth of Kobe being clutch

by the way
    LeBron is 1-for-7 this season(10-for-51 lifetime in the regular season)

11. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Maybe the media is "pimping off" Blake Griffin and Derrick Rose because they are ****ing monster who put up ridiculous dunks and highlights night after night. This dude must be losing a war with drugs, because I have never heard any one person spew so much delusional/idiotic/misinformed blabber. This dude is a complete joke.....:rolleyes:

12. Steve_Francis_rules

I think Tim Duncan needs to be mentioned in any argument about whether or not Kobe is overrated. They are both on the fence as top 10 all-time players. We have to hear the Kobe vs. Jordan comparisons all the time, but few people ever talk about Duncan. That is proof enough for me that Kobe is overrated because he's not even clearly better than TD.

13. NMS is the Best

For anyone wanting to learn more about Kobe and the Lakers...

14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

This guy acts like he's some sort of stat-wizard all the while ignoring the fact that Kobe has never had a sub-20.0 PER season. His overall contributions (including intangibles) make him the special player that he is. Sure, he needed help and has underperformed in some big playoff games but that doesn't change much in my book.

Bottom line: if you're going to try to sell me on the guy being overrated largely do to his shooting, it would probably help your case if that player actually was a poor shooter. There is no way I can look at Kobe's career numbers and think that. Not only that but his shooting numbers don't drop in the postseason either. So really....what am I missing here?

15. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

That about sums it up.

16. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

can we please stop with the kobe wouldnt have 5 rings without shaq or gasol.

duncan wouldnt have 4 rings without ginobli or parker
    jordan wouldnt have 6 without rodman or pippen
    shaq wouldnt have 4 without kobe or wade
    kevin garnett wouldnt have a ring without allen and pierce

whats your point with the _____ wouldn't have __ rings without ______??

i could do this list all day.

17. Steve_Francis_rules

He had one without Ginobili and Parker. He also won a second one when they were both new to the league and not contributing that much (TP in his second season, Manu in his first).

Parker was so outstanding in the Spurs 2003 season that they aggressively recruited Jason Kidd as his replacement, even though they had just won the championship.

18. Shaud

Shaud Member

Word really sick of this argument because it is usually only used when debating about Kobe Bryant.

Kobe Bryant played a huge part in every single title he has and that is a huge fact.

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

All these people comparing the Cavs roster last year to the rosters Kobe had when he was losing in the first round have lost their minds. Brian Cook was the third leading scorer on one of those teams. People really think the roster below wouldn't have been one of the top seeds in the east last yr and possibly the best?

pg - mo williams
    sg - kobe
    sf - jamison
    pf - varejao
    c - shaq

20. Shaud

Shaud Member

That team most likely would not have won a title. That team looks ok on paper but it's not a Championship squad. Mo Williams and Jamison were inconsistent in the playoffs so playing like that with Kobe instead of Bron no they would not have been the best as far as the playoffs go.