1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rumor] Rockets after Amar'e Stoudemire

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Hmm you have a point...except that it's the opposite of the truth.

Basically in Shaq's last good season, he got traded to PHX at the deadline. After that year he sucked so you can't use those #'s as reference points. But in the year he got traded to PHX, Amare's stats spiked as soon as Shaq got there, he put up some MVP type numbers in fact. Lemme see if I can pull them up.

2. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

posterization.. Thats exactly what we need to win a championship, why didnt I think of that.

3. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

im glad im not the only one that realized this

4. Habby52

Habby52 Member

Signing Amare would be adding another big man we dont need. im sure patterson and scola will be impressive. we need to focus on getting another 7 footer in our arsenal.

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Are you kidding me? Amare was a beast when Shaq was there. He was able to play his more natural position.

6. Ketchup&Mustard

So, His RPG has gone down by 1 rebound total over the past 4 years? That's hardly a loss of explosiveness. Not to mention, I'm pretty sure what you're seeing is an extremely slight fluctuation in rebounding stats, not a decline. If you notice he averaged 7.9 per 36 min in 08'-09' and then it went back up to 9.3 in 09'-10'. And if you're going by true RPG average he averaged 9.1 in 07'-08', 8.1 in 08'-09', and then 8.9 in 09'-10'. There is no evidence of decline. Only parity and negligible fluctuation.

7. Ketchup&Mustard

Did I say that's what we needed to win a championship? No, I was just pointing out that he's much, much, more explosive than Louis Scola.

8. Ketchup&Mustard

This too.

9. Houston_Rockets

Man, people talking about explosivness???

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WW7yS-SdvjY&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WW7yS-SdvjY&amp;hl=pt_PT&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I mean, did he lost some, after the surgery??? Yes
    But is he still a monster??? Yes

It is like saying that LBJ, lost some explosiveness, after an imaginary injury, but these guys were physical beasts, so they still are above average in the league

You can have other concerns about Amare, but the knee isn´t one of them, this deal was not done in last year trade deadline, because Houston, didn´t want Amare without seeing Amare´s knee, THEY KNOW IT CAN BE A PROBLEM, so don´t worry, they are aware of this.

But in the last 4 seasons the least he played was 53 games, and coming out of a 82 regular season games, but no doubt, that the knee in the long run (6y) can be a problem

The possibility of Scola being traded in a package, and whether or not the CBA allows it (which I don´t know if it does), but what people don´t understand is that Scola, is going to get overpaid, because some team will give a higher amount of money that a 30 PF deserves, just like what happened with Gortat, for example, and what was possible to happen to Varejao, that is why the Cavs re-signed him, to 9M a year, and that is probably the same amount of money he will get this off-season, I love Scola, but having a shot at Bosh or Amare??? you can´t even hesitate

PeAcE

10. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'll post them. 2008 post All Star stats
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/s/stoudam01/splits/2008/
    Code:
    Value  	G  	GS  	MP  	FG  	FGA  	3P  	3PA  	FT  	FTA  	ORB  	TRB  	AST  	STL  	BLK  	TOV  	PF  	PTS  	FG%  	3P%  	FT%  	MP  	PTS  	TRB  	AST

January 16  	16  	535  	139  	228  	2  	9  	102  	130  	39  	143  	17  	16  	40  	31  	58  	382  	.610  	.222  	.785  	33.4  	23.9  	8.9  	1.1
    [B]February11  	11  	421  	111  	198  	2  	6  	98  	110  	24  	115  	17  	5  	26  	20  	41  	322  	.561  	.333  	.891  	38.3  	29.3  	10.5  	1.5
    March  	16  	16  	577  	159  	271  	0  	8  	150  	183  	36  	150  	35  	15  	29  	47  	64  	468  	.587  	.000  	.820  	36.1  	29.3  	9.4  	2.2
    April  	8  	8  	267  	76  	122  	0  	0  	54  	65  	13  	59  	16  	6  	8  	17  	24  	206  	.623  	 	.831  	33.4  	25.8  	7.4  	2.0[/B]
    January is pre All Star. February on is post All Star with Shaq. He went from 23 points to almost 30 points a game in February and March. He also played more minutes, too. Probably cuz he was fresher not having to keep banging down low against bigger bodies.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Thanks for savin me the work. I went to ESPN to start looking through it but realized I would have do a game logs calculation to do a proper split of stats before/after the O'Neal trade.

Long story short: Amare + a real C that attracts defensive attention (aka NOT Robin Lopez) = Bad news for opponents in the paint. Or worse news if Amare alone wasn't bad enough.

12. rockingsoul

rockingsoul Contributing Member

Totally dig what was said by a previous poster that amare is the polar opposite of bosh.

Do not want Amare, dude is just as arrogant, ignorant, and selfish as it gets. Bosh on the other hand has such an adoring personality:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hv7IZP7u9FE

13. The Stig

The Stig Member

Amar'e was putting up bigger numbers but it doesn't always mean that it sill guarantee a better team. Amar'e was probably a beast for like half a season with D'Antoni at the helm and he knew how to incorporate Shaq to fit Amar'e's game, not vice versa. He was putting numbers at a lower effieciency rate with Shaq there in both seasons I believe. Injuries and coach at that time (Porter I think?) wasn't the best so that could be put into account too. I just think that with a big Center like Yao would require a team with perimeter shooters or players don't really on the low post presence to get around. Finally, without Nash running the point and making others around him better, I don't really think Amar'e would be a topic of discussion.

Bottom line is, I don't think Amar'e is the right player for our system. I would rather see Bosh here to help spread out the floor whenever Yao gets 2x-teamed in the low post. Longest posts yet but hey, I love debates!

14. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

for getting a new NBA contract and playing with Nash?

15. ktbballplaya

ktbballplaya Member

Amare is going to ask for max money and there is no way in hell Morey is going to give him that. So Amare is not playing in Houston. End of discussion

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Thanks for putting your authoritative foot down. For a minute there I was lost and was hoping someone with inside information would give us the cold hard facts and you came to my rescue

17. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

I would be thrilled for the Rox to get Amare, and yes, I would pay him a max contract. That's what it will take.

18. Raven

Raven Member

That's fine with me, because we're going to have a new CBA, after next season, and I think you have to be absolutely sure a player is worth a 100+ million dollars before signing them to one of the last mega contracts in NBA history.

19. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

not the biggest Amare fan but he would be a good backup plan if Bosh doesnt come.. hopefully playin in our culture would motivate him on defense and rebounding

20. amaru

amaru Member

hopefully.....especially if we could hold on to a guy like Scola in the deal.