1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Bad Info] Houston Rockets have offer on table for 6th pick & Anthony Randolph?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kapeci8, Jun 1, 2010.

?

BOSH AND RANDOLPH or ARIZONA?

1. bosh and randolph

119 vote(s)
    85.6%
  2. budinger and hill

20 vote(s)
    14.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nero

Nero Member

Here's the deal on this issue: Morey is not 'The Boss'. Les is.

And Les knows two things for sure now. He knew one thing for sure before this past year. Now he knows two.

The first thing is, Yao is a gold mine that cannot be touched. There are probably only two players in the entire NBA whom Les might possibly seriously consider trading Yao for: Lebron and Kobe. That's it. Morey knows this and this is why you don't see one single syllable spoken out there about even HINTING at trading Yao.

The second thing Les knows is this: The NBA is a business, and it is a business about selling your product to your customer base. Over the last decade-plus, the product has become a harder and harder sell *to the customers with the deepest pockets*. Tattoo-covered thugs and rap wannabe's. Billy-Bob of Houston is not ponying up the cash for the big price tickets like happens in some other cities, and thus the bottom bowl is inhabited by corporate disinterested quiet people. Which brings us to Bundinger. Budinger is an extremely rare commodity in the NBA: a marketable, talented player, and oh yeah he's *white*. Let's just face it folks. Yeah there may be 50 other players in the NBA who are just as good or better than him. But how many white players? More specifically, how many white players of his caliber and marketability do the Rockets already HAVE on their roster? None. Nada. Zilch. This trumps the possibility of picking up a guy who is as likely as not to be the next Stromile Swift.

I suspect Les will veto any trade which includes Budinger unless it is for one of the very rop players available, and Randolph ain't it. This decision is made easier by the fact that Bud is in fact extremely talented and smart, and plays aggressive intellligent basketball. When he has the ball in his hands, you can't take your eyes off him, and you expect him to do something good. This is marketing GOLD, especially to the largest demographic of our local fan base.

This is not a 'throw-in' player, and those who say he is expendable merely because he has not become a defensive stopper during his rookie season as a second rounder... sigh. The kid clearly has a wayyy-above-average bball IQ, how about giving him maybe another year or two to see if he can become a good defender, eh?

No, we won't be seeing Bud in a deal for Randolph. Maybe Bud gets moved, but I guarantee every owner in the league is very well aware of how badly they messed up by passing on this kid in the draft. Les knows he's got something special here. Same as with Brooks. Morey will just have to work around some of those limitations. But like I said - it's not so terrible.. those kids can PLAY.

1 person likes this.
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Are you kidding?! 2 inches taller and a better IQ than Joey. Oh yeah, and he can play! :grin:

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Uuuuuuuuraaaahhhh !!!!

Nail meet hammer.

Nero meet rep.

DD

4. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

In:
    A. Randolph

Out:
    Chase Budinger
    NY Pick

It's basically the 6th pick for 14th pick + NY's first, and Budinger for Randolph (who would be a lottery pick this year, he's 20!!!).
    Now I would love to somehow get rid of Ariza rather than Bud, because he is the future Shane Battier of this team, but sometimes you need to give in order to get (huh ladies ;) )

ROFL

5. T-2

T-2 Contributing Member

I did not see it, but NBA GameTime would have been the TV program this morning, and would presumably be the episode repeated at 6pm central this evening.

http://www.nba.com/nbatv/schedule/

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yay you agree with me! Rep for you. :rolleyes:

If this was Ariza, DD is saying "Morey get this deal done ASAP!" "How dare you touch my Bud or even think about trading him!"

1 person likes this.
  7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

I really like chase but randolph just puts up monster numbers when given minutes. More than anything he gives us more size the guy blocks shots and rebounds very well. He may have a bad attitude but i believe its because of nelson, here in houston he'll be around the kind of players a young player like him needs.

8. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This forum is all about discussing the Rockets. And most of us have live discussions with our family, friends, co-workers and strangers we meet about the Rockets. Not many of us choose to have a 1 way discussion via video about the Rockets to people on a basketball forum. When you choose to voice your opinions in that mode, the opportunity to provide rebuttal is more difficult for those who differ with your opinion.

I like your enthusiasm and I think you’re a good fan. I prefer your brand of enthusiasm over the contrived Red Rowdy crap. I think people get at odds with you because you seem to jump to conclusions at lightspeed. It’s a little weird that you would trademark the initials to your internet handle. I think you’ve gone off the reality reservation a little.

For what it’s worth, I don’t want to trade Bud for many of the same reasons that you don’t. He’s an instant offense guy and we could use that.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

HAHA so true
    Mind you. Ariza gambles too much but he has the length to be that uber role player and he has already won the trophy.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

So what you're saying or what you agree Nero is saying is that Les thinks race is more important than potential?

DD, you disappoint. :grin:

11. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Chase is the best catch and shoot player on the team. How many other rookies in the league enter the game in a time-out and are run pindown plays to shoot the jumper. I dont hate ariza, but his contract is 7x Buds and his worth is less... keep Bud!!

12. DaDakota

Reek, you fail at comprehension....I am acknowledging everything Nero said as a factor.....

And think a lot of what he says matters to the team.

For me personally, it is about his skillset and style of play that matter, I believe a player that moves off the ball creates havok on opposing defenses.

And opens up large holes in the defense for everyone else.

Chase would be nearly untouchable if it were my team.

DD

13. BasketballReasons

This is BS, I don't see many Shane Battier jerseys or Chase Budinger ones. I don't see any huge posters in Houston with them on it.
    People don't give a crap about role players, because they have ZERO market value, they don't know anything about them.
    Do you think people know who Budinger or Battier is in Europe, even in China?
    Please. This is r****ded, people want SUPERSTARS, the will buy the jerseys, shoes, tshirts, sandals, heck even there beds (Yao selling his bed a couple years back if I recall :D), they don't give a crap about Battiers bed.
    And corporate people don't go in the lower bowl to see Budinger, but they will go to see Bosh.
    He can be black, he can be chinese, latino, no-one gives a crap if he performs and wins you games. You think people in Philly we're complaining that AI had some tattoo's? No, he wins games. Heck Kobe even haves some tattoo's and has a bad attitude/past, yet he is GLOBALY known and MY GOD does he bring in more money than freakin Chase Budinger/Shane Battier/Ray Allen, who ever you want.

PS: If Les would only trade Yao for Lebron or Kobe, I truly hope he gets fired. Because winning a CHAMPIONSHIP gets you more money, fame, marketing deals and tickets than having an injured cash-cow on the sidelines in a suit. Believe it or not, but world success is brought by... success. And nothing else.
    If you don't make the playoffs, its clearly because you suck. And therefore you shouldn't expect filling the arena. If you get a competitive team (last years roster), your going to get that bowl filled. But in no reason, and I mean NO reason does a limited potential Chase Budinger bring you more fans than a possible 20-year old star in Randolph.

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

LOL. There are GMs throughout the league kicking themselves for passing on Budinger.

15. DaDakota

Ok first, I would love to do a show that is a back and forth deal, and have had a couple of people offer, but so far, no solution as to getting the quality to work yet.

I too agree that would be way more fun to do......

2nd, I did not trademark anything, I like to joke around a lot and used the ASCI symbols to have some fun.

And I agree about Bud.

DD™

16. BasketballReasons

Anyways, I think everyone here is all in order to agree that Trevor Ariza should be shipped back to Cali rather than Chase Budinger.

Second this motion if you agree!

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That's why he is an asset, a valuable one.

18. abc2007

abc2007 Member

DD, how did Budinger improve through his rookie season? Honestly, I didn't see much improvement. In contrast, Taylor has improved a lot.

19. DaDakota

Taylor did improve, look up Buds numbers post all star game, and check it out, he hit the rookie wall, then at the end of the season was averaging double digits...I think the last 20 games or so.....

Look, this is the wrong thread........I would not do this deal...if it included CBud....

Just my .02...or .50, as the case may be.

DD

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Chase Budinger's limited upside.
    "Most players don't improve much after they hit about 17-18."
    Most basketball players do not improve much after their peak physical development, which usually comes around 17-18. After that, it gets very difficult. That is why someone like Dwight Howard is picked over Emeka Okafor, because he has yet to physically develop.

Not true, especially for Juniors that could not improve much at the college level, in any facet of the game. Notice that Budinger likely would have went in the lottery had he came out of college a year or two earlier. Freshman on the other hand, sure.

Take Taj Gibson for instance. How much do you really see him improving two years from now? Personally, I bet he makes incremental improvements, but is essentially the same player, just like Chase will be.

False, The other part is certainly a similarity, but there is nothing exact with these two players.

Touche? :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.