1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stephen Curry is more athletic than Monta Ellis

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Medicine N Music, Jun 21, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

There are 4 players I like in this draft.

1. Griffin
    2. Curry
    3. Rubio
    4. Harden

DD

2. Tsquare

Tsquare Member

You can't really say **** fool cause your thread title says it all for you "Stephen Curry is more athletic than Monta Ellis" so you try to insult me by saying I'm some 7th grade kid when you have no clue how old I am. lol :eek: It doesn't matter though when it comes from someone who lacks more common sense then a 7th grader himself.

3. Medicine N Music

Medicine N Music Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I basically feel the same way. He is also "one of the best passers ever in college" according to Bob Knight. I believe that he'll be better suited for the PG position, but he'll probably do fine as a SG.

I don't like Rubio all that much, but everyone else seems very high on him. I think Thabeet may have a better career, but we'll see. IMO, Rubio is very high risk high reward...even more-so than Demar DeRozan.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This is a question mark. He did it in college, but with bigger, faster, more physical players pushing, shoving and grabbing him, we'll see about this. I think Curry will be fine in the NBA but will need picks to get his shot off (or at least to hit most of them). The ideal situation for him is to join a team with an established player that commands double-teams. He could feast on open jumpers. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Curry creating many of his own shots at the NBA level.

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Curry aka Eric Gordon.

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

FAIL.

7. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Those combine numbers look very odd. Ellis has a really good hang time, actually of the best hang time in the NBA,which allows him to finish at the basket and, from what i can tell, has one of the best end-to-end speed in the league. Not saying the combine numbers are wrong but I wonder how much (lack of) technique and nerves had to do with those numbers. A 31 inch vertical for a guard is terriBAD unless your name is Magic Johnson.