1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you been satisfied with Ron's performance this year?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thacabbage, Feb 21, 2009.

?

have you been satisfied with ron's performance this year?

1. yes

299 vote(s)
    64.0%
  2. no

168 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. Tornadoofsoul6

Eh, I'll vote after a couple of games with McGrady out and Brooks a starter.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I guess i'm satisfied. I mean, our plans went from Artest being the guy to essentially put us over the top to the guy replacing McGrady. As long as he produces he fills the role of the latter. His shot selection is still putrid, gambles too much defensively and can be a turnover machine at times. Still, I like his attitude and style. Hard to be upset with what we've seen so far.

3. Serg300

Serg300 Member

I am satisfied. He was the key to a couple of major wins. The things I don’t like are his handles and at time his shot selection. Something else that hurts him is the lack of respect the refs have for him thus not blowing the whistle when he drives in the lane while getting hacked. He would have much more attempts at the line and more points on the board. The guy is playing hurt, he's not going to be perfect.

4. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Im going to go with a HELL NO!!!! Guys who know Ron Artest and know his game should know what I'm talking about. Everytime the Rockets played against Ron Artest he was a bully. He dropped 30 or sometimes 40 on us. I think Morey traded for him because of that. Now that we have Artest he is playing like a puppy. I dont know if he is trying to control his temper but he should know that this is a contract year. Ron needs to act like the beast he is capable of :D :D :D

5. jshabang

jshabang Member

His face up game has been extremely painful to watch!!!!!......not as painful as the infamous tmac dunk....but painful none the less....

I dont remeber his handles being this bad and he cant drive past anybody it seems nowadays........

Maybe we will have to use in on the block a little as i think his bullstrengh to over power people would be great...or more of a back down move as tmac would do at times......I dont really know the full solution but i would def go away from isos and facin up people thats for sure...

6. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Clutch has let us know that there have definitely been some issues with him behind the scenes from a behavior standpoint (not just related to TMac). That makes me worry that things would only get worse once he's signed to a secure contract.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not satisfied at all, unless mediocrity is what you are looking for.....

But, there is time to get satisfied, now that Tmac is out and we don't have the Oil and Water mix between those two I talked about before the trade.

:D

DD

8. RocketKobe24

RocketKobe24 Member

Yes, he is bringing a lot of bit of everything to the table. His shooting, his defense, his hustle, his toughness, his post game, everything.

I want the Rockets to re-sign him, Artest and Yao work great together. Artest has been injured a bit this year, but even so he was at least tough enough to perform and win a game against us against the Jazz this year.

If he was on my fantasy basketball team though, I probably wouldn't be happy. However, stats only tell half the story.

9. scalper

scalper Member

Im satisfied... but I think he will play better... too..

once he gets over his unjury... I think he will play better defense...

and I think he is smart enough to keep the ball moving... and not take dumb shots....

come play off time I think he will be able to step it up even more...

plus we needed a pit bull like him on the team... hopefully some of that will rub off on the others...

10. Laozi

Laozi Member

Really like him when he plays the 4, really haven't like what I've seen for the most part when he's at the wing except for a few streaks here and there. Part of the problem is asking him to spread the floor for Yao really isn't his game. I'd like to see the Rockets be a little more deliberate with him on the wing and high post even with Yao in the game. It seems like when he gets his shot off in the paint even if he misses we usually have a good shot at the rebound.

Defensively he has been really inconsistent, but I think alot of that is just his body betraying him a bit.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i agree.

he's been mediocre at best on defense and his offense for most of the season has been ball-stopping and chucking.

BUT, he's getting A LOT better. Some of those things you can blame on a bum ankle and a rotating lineup. I think he has the potential over the rest of the season to leave the rockets more than satisfied and give morey something to think about over the summer. hopefully a summer that starts in june.

12. daernoth

daernoth Member

I was hoping that after the trade and Tmac leaving for the season everybody would come back not just reenergized but rededicated to play team ball. This turned out to be the case except for Artest who is still in chucking mode and not passing the ball as he should be.

Whatever his talent, Artest needs to buy in or get out. He thinks his talent gives him the right to stop the ball movement but he is wrong. He just aint good enough to justify it.

Maybe if he ever comes back to 100% Ill change my mind. We will see.

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The only time I cringe is when he tries to cross people over and loses the ball. Sometimes I think he added too much bulk and is slowed down by it.

14. 4_ever11

4_ever11 Member

Good enough for the first season. He's the guy.

15. Shanecer

Shanecer Member

He did well when Tracy was absent. I dont think Ron is compatible with Tracy.'cuz he needs the ball in hand.

16. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

No. 39% shooting is just not good enough, and he's too much of a ball hog. Also, his defense has been much less than advertised this year.

17. DaDakota

How can people be satisfied with a 39% shooter, who has not been playing great defense, yet is dissatisfied with a center who shoots 55% and gets 19-9 every night.

What?

DD

#37 DaDakota, Feb 22, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  18. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

this should be a ending year poll :eek: :cool:

19. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

The former was acquired for Bobby freaking Jackson, likely won't be resigned, and had little to no trade value at the deadline.

The latter is the cornerstone of the franchise who has yet to ever deliver down the stretch of a big game.

Yea, that's a valid comparison. :rolleyes:

20. DaDakota

Bobby Jackson (an expiring contract), Donte Green (a number 1) and a number 1 pick next year.

LOL - ever? really? EVER?

You do reallize that anyone hitting a clutch shot is doing so because they are taking advantage of all the attention Yao is getting, don't ya?

I think what it boils down to is your expectations Cab, apparently you have very low expectations for Ron, so you are satisfied with is sub 40% shooting, him getting torched on the perimeter, his moodiness, and lack of running the offense or helping out on team defense.

Yet, your expectations of Yao, who is clearly a great player, but has limitations, are a bit too high, IMO.

DD