1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SINA] Yao Ming Interview after Win over Germany

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CXbby, Aug 17, 2008.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

Well the literal translation for what he said was,

"I can't say what kind of shape I'm in, but I choked him to death anyways."

So I think to translate it to "dominated" was actually going easy.

2. boby

boby Member

OMG! Hopefully Yao is not turning into another big mouth Tmac! :confused:

3. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

So it's wrong for yao to say i dominated him?.he's just telling the truth. he made Caveman look 2nd rate. yao needs to believe in himself that can replicate such efforts. whats with everyone saying it's lost in translation. i hope it was'nt lost in translation. all great superstars need to have some swaggar and confidence. i'm liking the new yao.

4. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Oh yeah that evil McGrady. he's so evil. wow. :rolleyes:

5. boby

boby Member

Just think about the big three of Rockets next season:
    big mouth Tmac,
    bigger mouth Ron Ron,
    now with the big mouth wanna bee Yao!

I can't wait the season get started!! :D :D

6. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Hahaha, I love that arrogance, we really do need more of that from him. Thanks for the translation.

" Matt Emmons !!!!hahahahaha!!!!First of all, I want to say is that I am a Chinese English is not good。。。Then that is! He is definitely my idol! Olympics, I just started looking for him and concern! Today he once again let me dumbfounding!!!!!hahahaha!!
    Also wish him good luck"

This is the best broken english outburts i've heard since Bela Karolyi.

7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Yao seems to disrespect Chris Kaman a lot, even in the States. That's not typical behavior for him, and I think it's beneath him.

8. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

I think you need to take translations with a grain of salt. As just an idea of what he means not his exact words.

9. Kindger

Kindger Contributing Member

Very simple - people behave differently at home than at work. To Yao, Rockets/US is the work, CNT/China is home.

10. JohnMatrix

JohnMatrix Member

CXbby: thanks for ur translation and well done

If RA had watched the 4 previous CNT games he would have learned some new ways of how to use Yao physically and mentally i guess. Who scored the 1st point of CNT in 2008 OG? yeah, it's Yao, also that was a 3-pt. Again Yao made a 3-pt in the game vs Germany. That's really awesome, a new special weapon of Rox, maybe Yao will make a special 3-pt sometime in the coming season, who knows, God loves miracles and miracle favors strong-minded ones. Now i think the only miracle of Clutch forum is HR to be the Champion of 2009.

11. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Kaman is a the great zombie bigfoot, much disrespect deserves he.

12. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

LOL moes. Dude... I am ready for more Dirkendouche the olympics version!!

13. devin23

devin23 Member

Wasn't Yao saying you can't F**king stop me to Kaman during that clipper game?

14. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Yao didn't sound like he was disrespecting Kaman at all. What he said was that he kept Kaman's offense clogged up. He also explained that Kaman's struggles was at least partly because Kaman was new to FIBA basketball.

He was only stating the facts, wasn't saying Kaman was a scrub at all.

Interestingly, Yao praised Patrick Femerling's (the veteran 7 footer who plays backup C for Germany) defense on himself. It was not any kind of trash talk.

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Great efforts, CXbby!

There's a tidbit in the article:

I'm glad this time Yao didn't fall into his trap again.

16. bmthint

bmthint Member

That would be sweet if only the international 3 pt line was NBA 3 pt line. For Yao the 3 pt line in international play is just a mid range jumper for him.

17. rfila

rfila Member

I think Yao was being a little bit funny here. Kind of like "I do not know how I did it, I did it anyways" rendering the part " I really can't tell what condition I am in", although he did talk how he did it in the conversation later.

Yao was talking in a typical "Yao way" through the whole thing. For example, "reporting to the people of China, we have broken through" was in a form a soldier reporting to his commander after getting out of a dangerous situation surrounded by enemies, referring the team has advanced to second round from a tough group.

18. Landlord Landry

chris kaman is german? wtf.......traitor.

19. boby

boby Member

He is a German who can't speak and understand Germany.

20. sook

sook Rookie

no that was a uhhhh quinten ross

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/flD38EF3xwU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/flD38EF3xwU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And how can you not hate caveman i mean kaman?