1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adelman: Francis not part of rotation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch34, Oct 29, 2007.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

Did you see that video of him scoring sixty something points in a summer league. His was hitting jumpers from everywhere. Surely he can shoot better than MR. 30% who is starting. I know James can.

2. johnrox

johnrox Member

summer league is a bit different

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

....you just proved his point.

4. ling ling

ling ling Member

It was 60 points and 0 assists and nobody was guarding him.

5. vci_guy2003

vci_guy2003 Contributing Member

There's a saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee as well, that says.. " Fool me once... shame on ...... you.... We, we can't get FOOLED again!"

6. zong

zong Member

When people ask the question about the start job for Jon in Chron.com around a month ago, Jon thought Francis was a starter too, I think that Adelman's being honest.

7. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

Ding ding. :)

8. istream

istream Member

thats a bad move by adelman I think. SF would be starting on any other team. Not even in the roration? I saw the entire preseason and there was no clear proof that rafer or any of other other guards were 'better'. Being in shape is an issue, but minutes on the floor would fix that eventually. He's not going to have any motivation to work hard if he's not getting a single minute out there.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

on any lottery team
    :)

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

there was also no clear proof that his shape affected his play. francis passed the ball when in with other playmakers. the only thing that he didn't do was hit his shots, and compared with rafer, that's no big deal.

Mike James I understand, that dude fits perfectly and given his performance against san antonio, he should be starting, but they may need his instant offense on the bench.

but there is no clear proof that the offense ran so much better with rafer, people are basically making that up. after the memphis game, they all came out the woodworks, after san antonio, no more claims of rafer as the best.

11. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

WTF, you can't be serious. Not being in the rotation isn't going to motivate him? Thats what motivates most players in the league to do better. But I guess not the great stevie franchise, who because of all his past accomplishments should just be given the starting spot :rolleyes:, despite putting in the least amount of work.

12. Desert_Rocket

Desert_Rocket Member

This is great news as far as I'm concerned. I don't think Steve will even be on this team for very much longer. He isn't the same player we all once knew.

13. blockstack

blockstack Member

The Rockets were really trying to do this? No sarcasm intended, I would honestly like to read more about this. Was it reported in the Chronicle? Casual shopping is to be expected, but actually being intent on removing Alston is another matter altogether. I can't imagine why they would want to do this in the offseason.

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I think we might showcase for a Kobe trade tonight!

I think we might showcase for a Kobe trade tonight!

What if we are starting Rafer ahead of Steve so that we can SHOWCASE him for a possible trade to the Lakers for Kobe Bryant?

I'm sure we would need to include some other players for salary reasons, but this just might explain why Scola isn't starting as well.

Maybe Rafer, Hayes, Dikeme Mutombo, and a first round draft pick and some cash consideration straight up for Kobe and maybe Lamar Odom? I'd also be willing to throw in Kirk Snyder to sweeten the pot if necessary.

I've never been an NBA general manager before, but I am pretty certain that I could do a good job of it if I were given the opportunity. I am almost always in the top quarter of my fantasy leagues in EVERY sport, and I have a very keen eye for the business side of things.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Then again, what if Rafer has played better PG this preseason then any other PG we have, while Steve has absolutely SUCKED?

Hmmm... which could it possibly be?

No doubt! :D

16. drumbum

drumbum Member

No. Not gonna happen.

17. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

IS THIS A SERIOUS THREAD?

18. RocketsFAN3035

In before the Lock...

Do you bother to read the Chron (online or in print)? I live in Milwaukee and have read about how Stevie isn't even in the 8 or 9 man rotation and how Rafer has been getting praise from Coach Adleman. Besides, its going to take more than just contracts to get the best player in the league on our team. LA wouldn't take less than T-Mac or Yao. Nothing less would get the job done for us. PERIOD.

19. Maazi-EZ

Maazi-EZ Member

illusional?

20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Well, isn't it possible that Rick wants us to BELIEVE that Rafer has been the better player so that he will be a more valuable commodity to LA in the trade?

Think about it...

Why tip your hand to them?

I think we have all seen Steve play before, and we can all agree that he is vastly superious to Rafer Alston.

So what else could it be?

You have to stop thinking like a pedestrian and START thinking on a higher plane. Rick isn't stupid, you don't become a three time coach of the year in the NBA by being conventional...