1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

jvg thoughts on spanoulis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Aug 24, 2007.

1. pacman

pacman Member

I didn't contradict myself... i said Vspan sucked that rookie season of his but overall, JVG sucks more and his "suckiness" is what cost us. Vspan had flashes of brilliance and it was a "possibility" that he would have provided us with the same inside penetration that Ginobili did in game 4 of the western conference finals or kirk snyder maybe. Saying that we didn't have depth in that team is an insult to our players. We had depth , we just had a coach whose mind was shallow and narrow.

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Yes, I'm sure VSpan could have provided us what Ginoblii did in game 4. I suppose i could wake up tommorrow next to Scarlett Johansson and Jessica Alba. saying we didn't have depth at the pg position is a fact. If you are arguing that then you didn't watch our team play last season. I'm done with this lame debate

3. pacman

pacman Member

anyway, you're right its a lame debate. The past is past. But a productive thing we could do is to analyze what went wrong so it doesn't happen again. You'll have to admit the tactical errors were on JVG. ;)

Again if we didn't have depth at the PG position , JVG absolutely refused to recognize that which is of course the first step in solving a problem. Good riddance to JVG!!!

But anyway, we're all rocket fans... I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on Vspan. His actions were understandable but they weren't justifiable. But anyway, I have a good feeling Adelman will validate how bad the rockets were coached during JVG's stint when we see the difference . Can't wait for the season to start.

4. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

bball scientist's obsession with V-Span is getting very annoying. Anyone here with me?

5. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

there always is someone that won't let it go..he's the one.

6. Highwire

Highwire Member

In other words, Jeff saying that CD is an idiot for signing Billy.

Admit, it's about the Spanoullis' beard. Jeff got denied when he asked some for his balding head.

7. King1

I with you on this. I'm glad they are both gone. JVG actually did instill some good things one out team (TMac regaining defensive form) but he wasn't the right coach for us. VSpan was terrible but he netted us Scola. At the end of the day, it's a win-win situation. We are all Rockets fans and want the best for our team.

I don't think anyone would disagree we are in much better shape in every area since our championship days. So, agreed.

Go Rockets!

8. King1

Very much so. I personally don't care about the guy because he is no longer a Rocket. I have a little love for him because his whiney ass netted us Scola but other then that I would prefer never to hear his name again. It's worse then Rafer threads.

Just let him return to grrece and be done. That's the best bet

9. Panda

Panda Member

JVG sucks as a talent evaluator. He played that no talent hack Ryan Bowen over Boki, and resort to bring in numerous New York dinosaurs because he knew what he would get. Oh I forgot to mention that at first JVG didn't want Chuck Hayes but Lindsey insisted.

And stop playing the fans can't disagree with pros like JVG card. If your logic is right, then professionals like CD and Dennis Lindsey should have the say in talent evaluatiion over JVG. They brought in V-Span.

And it's funny that you think all the JVG protestors thinks JVG has a vandetta against V-Span, to me that's just one of your political spin without basis. Nobody suggested there's a personal vandetta of JVG against V-span. It's just clear that JVG doesn't like V-Span for whatever reason, to say otherwise is just fooling yourself.

As for good players earning minutes part, that is based on the assumption that JVG has a good eye for talent, and has a flexible and competent system, wait a minute, HE DOESN'T, that's why he is out of the door now.

Stop making excuses for JVG.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I love you man, can I have your bud light?

;)

11. Panda

Panda Member

It's premature to conclude V-Span doesn't have NBA potential based on playing less than 300 NBA minutes. Gary Payton was a scrub in his first two years.

Regardless of V-Span having NBA potential or not, he doesn't fit in JVG's offensive system, which sucks. Is it Bonzi's fault that he doesn't fit in JVG's three point shooting contest offense? Is it Snyder's fault? Is it V-Span's fault? The JVG worshippers would make up excuses for JVG's system by blaming it all on the players. They say Bonzi was too fat to play, while Bonzi was actually more efficient than Rafer last season, they say Snyder was too dumb to play, while Stromile got a lot more minutes than him. I'm tire of all these excuses, the fact is JVG's system sucks for the lack of variety and flexibility. JVG wants to win, but he thinks his way is the best way and players don't fit his holy grail way need to be shafted, and he goes out of a coach's way to make such players look bad in the public, to justify continuing his narrow way. In the end his way turns out not so good and landed him on the high way. End of story. Stop feeding us that JVG likes V-Span crap.

12. Panda

Panda Member

Sure. Drop me an email if you one day visit China. :)

13. Darrinlane

Darrinlane Member

I'm not actually trying to respond to this post. YOU ARE CRAPPING UP MY GARM to the point that I'm beginning to hate it. No matter what thread I go into I find you spouting feces. Why do you do this to a message board that I have always loved? Why has Clutch not banned you? Why have I been here 5 years longer than you(I have actually been here since before 2000) and you have almost the same number of posts. In three friggin months? They are always annoying and an argument that derails the thread. DaDa could be rather annoying but can also listed to reason. He has also been here a long time and I usually enjoy what he likes to say(I like sarcastic bastards). Please stop tormenting me.

btw....running with scissors is much cooler that contributing member.

14. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Spanoulis was given a shot and he did jack **** with it. Sorry dude, but you didn't cut it in the NBA and likely never will. Good luck back in Euroland where you can be a "soooooper"star.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

I second the motion. There are valid reasons 95% of the board thinks BBall Labgeek is a total tool. It was fun watching him go Mel Gibson on us in that now-classic thread, but this is going to get REALLY old by the time the regular season kicks in.

Can you imagine the first time Stevie and MJ have bad games on the same night? Every thread will be a testament to his man-crush on Spanoulis.

Um, sort of like they are NOW.

16. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

My God, BBall Scientist, you could teach suicide bombers a thing or two about misguided fanaticism.

Look: VSpan is awesome. JVG is awesome. Heck, assistant trainer Keith Garnett is awesome. Will you go away now?

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

<object width="400" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J1iL4zPImpM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J1iL4zPImpM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="400" height="300"></embed></object>
    (M' afinis tora pou ematha kontasou)
    You leave me now that I got used to you
    (Kai zo monacha ghia ton Erota sou)
    And live only for your love
    (Eimai komati apo tin karthia sou)
    I am a piece of your heart
    (Ochi ochi min me paratas)
    No, No, don't abandon me
    (Ochi ochi kai as min m' aghapas)
    No, no even if you don't love me

(Meinai mazi mou, kai min m' aghapiseis)
    Stay with me and don't love me
    (Mono ta chathia sou na mou chariseis)
    Just give me your caresses
    (Kai ligho ligho tha me sinithisis)
    And slowly slowly you will get used to me
    No, No, don't abandon me

(Ti tha ghino mes' tin zoi, an xypniso ena proi)
    What will my life become, if I wake up one morning
    (Kai kytaxo tin angalia mou, apo mesa na leipeis esy)
    And open my arms, and find you gone,

(Meinai mazi mou, kai min m' aghapiseis)
    Stay with me and don't love me
    (Mono ta chathia sou na mou chariseis)
    Just give me your caresses
    (Kai ligho ligho tha me sinithisis)
    And slowly slowly you will get used to me
    No, No, don't abandon me

18. King1

Who is making excuses for JVG? Unreal. I said I'm happy they are both gone. We are much better off without both of them. It's VSpan supporters who play the JVG card. I am happy we got Adelman and made all these upgrades. Our team is mucvh better off now. I am not defending JVG. Good riddance to both of them. It;'s just funny that JVG is a scapegoat for VSpan's whiney ass. the only good thing he ever did was get us Scola (which is great). Just because JVG was a ****ty coach for us doesn'r mean a rhing when discussing VSpan. He also sucks. Its reality

19. King1

OMG. I should have left it alone. Please don't put GP and VSpan;s name in the same sentence ever.

20. King1

Lol, seriously. I'm about read to jump off my roof. They blame us for supporting JVG when in actuality nobody is and he's just a VSpan scapegoat.