1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Say his name] Cannon Hinnant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Aug 13, 2020.

1. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

It was table 14. Let me know what you see.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Table 12 gives the total white and black population, Table 14 gives the total number of white victims from a black attacker and the total number of black victims from a white attacker. If you want to know what are the chances a white person will be violently victimized by a black attacker or what are the chances a black person will be violently victimized by a white attacker, then you need the figures from both tables.

3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, for violent crime. You simply are misguided

DVauthrin and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. jcee15

Got any sources for that?

5. jcee15

Table 12 tells me that 12% percent of the population is the offender in almost half as much crime as a 62.3% of a population.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are the one accusing blacks of being more violent and saying poverty/income doesn't matter. Why aren't you using data to back up that assertion?

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

• Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).
    • Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8-2.5 per 1,000).
    • The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.
    • Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).
    • Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).
    • Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

Hispanics actually commit crimes at the lowest rate which makes sense since many of them are recent immigrants who are here mainly to work and send money home.

#106 Sweet Lou 4 2, Aug 13, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2020
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wow, that's crazy (not really).

Can you answer this: What percentage of the country's wealth does that 62.3% of the population possess versus that 12% of the population?

8. jcee15

Accusing?
    Are you daft? You gave me a study on victimization based on socioeconomic status not offenders.

9. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

They need to get all of these kid killers off of the streets. Good news tonight out of kc, mo....

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/kan...-alleged-killer-year-legend/story?id=72360538

The Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department announced on Thursday the arrest of a suspect in the murder case of 4-year-old LeGend Taliferro, whose tragic killing in late June inspired the namesake for the Justice Department's "Operation Legend" law enforcement initiative.

Police charged 22-year-old Ryson Ellis with second-degree murder, unlawful use of a weapon and two counts of armed criminal action, saying in a press release that Ellis fired shots into the apartment where Taliferro was sleeping on the night of June 29.

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Why are you acting like anyone is against arresting and charging people who killed these children?

Andre0087 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  11. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I am not saying that.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You just lost me. I was about to post that horrific incidents like this are tragic regardless of the color of a child's skin. I still believe that, but your post that I quoted above told me why you started the thread. You care more about making political points with your right wing friends and taking a shot, no pun intended, at those who think that it's far past time that something was done about systemic racism, than you do about what happened to that poor kid, and that's just sad. In my opinion.

13. mick fry

mick fry Member

Unbelievable tragedy, this is what matters folks.

14. Carl Herrera

Then why are you b****ing?

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Was Kamala born in America?

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

You mean the guy throwing the race card thread only posting it because a little white boy was killed by a black man? That guy? The guy who doesn't give a damn about the children regularly killed by gun violence in this country unless it's in Chicago because the blacks are doing it there? That guy?

This shooting is just further evidence that we need better guidelines on gun control but to you it's just further evidence that the media largely made up of white people is orchestrating some campaign against white people. Give me a break.

17. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yep who said it wasn't?

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Wasnt b****ing about the KC case.
    Just posted about another case (not chicago, not white) moments before you posted. Quit reaching.

19. Carl Herrera

Then why did you post about it in your White Grievance thread?

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

At least we can see who the racist ****WITS are.

DD