1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clutchfans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 7/26/2020 (Scrimmage)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jul 25, 2020.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's 2020 bro.. no one has a sense of humor anymore. Humor was a 1939-2019 thing. I believe the Great Depression was the last cause of our lost humor. Now we just say ironic things online and pretend we laughed at them. LOL. ROFNLMAO (Rolling on floor not laughing my ass off).

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I wasn’t the biggest Capela guy especially this year. But I don’t like the complete disregard for size. So if my choice was to choose Capela or Covington I’d choose Capela.

kjayp and forchette49 like this.
  3. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Capela is 6'10" and change maybe 6'11" barefoot. Covington is upset he's listed at 6'7 instead of his insisted 6'8. Capela has 7'6" wingspan. There's really no argument of who wins the length combined athleticism match. The answer is to give Bruno some type of therapy to get his fast twitch muscle fibers to fire rapidly like Clint's.

HP3 likes this.
  4. T for 3

T for 3 Member

What about my post wasn’t calm? I was responding sarcastically. But the fact that you didn’t notice pissed me off, so **** you! (That was also sarcastic. )

5. T for 3

T for 3 Member

There’s also no argument who wins the interior defense and rebounding match.

6. Nook

Nook Member

ROCO is a lot stronger than you think. If teams feast in the paint it won’t be because of ROCO.

daywalker02, D-rock and vlaurelio like this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Capela has a 7’6” wing span and Covington has a 7’2” wingspan. The Rockets switch, which means a player has to be able to cover defensively on the interior and perimeter.

I believe the interior defense of Clint Capela is really over rated. Tucker is a better post defender and Covington is as well.

Where the Rockets miss Capela is on the glass. He is one of the 5 best rebounders in the league. He could get 20 boards at times. Covington can get his share of boards, but for this to work Harden and Westbrook and House need to be aggressive and get a few more boards.

don grahamleone and D-rock like this.
  8. HP3

HP3 Member

Statistically our defense has somewhat remained unchanged while our offense has gotten a boost. We made the right trade. Capela would not even be playing right now because he has a broken foot.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

CC = Crappy Russ

Roco = Happy Russ

10. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Obviously we are talking hypothetically here. So I wouldn’t trade roco for an injured Clint. I think we are going to sorely miss his presence when the competition is much bigger. i.e. nuggets, lakers, bucks, etc.

forchette49 likes this.
  11. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I understand that reasoning for making the trade. But what if I told you Russ would have made the same improvements given more time with Clint, and/or Clint would have gotten healthier and back to the Clint we were used to. Do you still make the deal?

12. YOLO

YOLO Member

There’s no such thing as making his worst attribute become a drastic improvement. People keep wishing/hoping this would happen, it’s not. He’s not a good shooter and he will never be. The lanes are clogged with both Clint and wb in the game together which also makes the game for harden that much difficult. This stuff has been discussed countless times. The fit just wasn’t good as a whole. You cannot play harden with 2 non shooters on the floor. It has always been a negative with harden. One had to go and it’s obvious wb wasn’t going anywhere after the initial move for him in the first place. Not even sure why this is brought up now. Should have been way pass this a long time ago

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

James feels faster, sharper; he's being more aggressive in his playmaking and drive and kicks. He was taking a backseat to Russ a lot when the season got postponed and now It seems like he’s not in his head as much.

joshuaao, hakeem94, BigShasta and 5 others like this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Is he healthy yet?

15. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

I miss Cop ela

lakersuck2 likes this.
  16. bmelo

bmelo Member

I expected imrpoved teamplay since we had training camp. Did you see how lakers play? They are already in mid season form and our team plays pick up ball and gets conditioning down

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

18. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Reeko

so people AREN'T happy we won a scrimmage?

hakeem94, BigShasta and D-rock like this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wishful thinking is not a solution.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It is not a competition who is stronger, mang. ;)

Those teams have taller, equally strong, stronger, equally fast players in big numbers, and in the 2nd lineups.

In short deeper front courts.

#540 daywalker02, Jul 27, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    bmelo likes this.