1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

62% of Americans say this

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheresTheDagger, Jul 22, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

she doesn't believe in science as well?

jiggyfly likes this.
  2. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ya sure about that?
    smh

TWS1986 likes this.
  3. TheresTheDagger

All I did was post a video WITHOUT COMMENT where a fairly recognizable commentator is discussing the exact study in my OP. Didn't say whether I agreed or not.

Ya, I'm sure about that.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm not sure if the OP's survey is more about fear than it is about comfort. You're supposed to avoid talking about religion and politics in polite company. Even if I have a good idea on where the other person stands, I'd only bring it up if I'm extremely bored and want **** to unravel.

body slam and Amiga like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm curious about this. Can you cite some examples where people were fired specifically for the President and not for some other reason but they also happened to be a supporter of the president?

6. TheresTheDagger

Afraid to share = Silent
    62% = Majority

7. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Just because many people don't like to talk about politics doesn't mean that those are Trump supporters. I know, and I'm guessing most of the people here do to, people who don't like to talk about politics but are also still unlikely to vote for Trump.

fchowd0311 and jiggyfly like this.
  8. TheresTheDagger

Who said anything about them 100% being Trump supporters?

9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

She can't be easily as bad because she has a level of competence that Trump can only dream of.

This is just crazy talk.

Do you think she would have ever started a mask debate?

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Another poster wrote this on in this thread.
    "the culture we are part of and the fact that people supporting Trump are not safe to share these views and are often hiding it. I know people I never thought would vote Trump who are considering arming themselves in these times and fearful of a DNC victory. They have lost friends and family connections over simply not falling in line with mainstream leftism. I promise you they are not isolated. There are many of them who will give Trump a vote because he is a veto to the direction we have been heading as a culture."

Also the video you posted title image is a sign saying "The Silent Majority Supports Trump."

True that's not a 100% but I didn't say anything about a 100% in the post you responded too.

11. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

the way the question is phrased, I think it’s more about fear. But I can see how that could also be about comfort. Comfort itself is a state without fear. I guess you can be, but it’s hard to be in a comfort state with fear.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

ok

[​IMG]

jiggyfly, T_Man and TWS1986 like this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

A majority of people are afraid to share their political views with others or publicly seem pretty normal to me. This polls indicate an uptick of fear to share, which isn’t surprising to me.

The term silent majority, as I understand it, refers to people that are fearful to show support for a candidate but is supportive of the candidate. I don’t know if there is really that.

But this fear captured in this poll can’t simply be translates to the fear of answering poll, at least not totally. There is so much less risk with poll, although there could still be some (still fearful even of telling the interviewer your political choice).

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Good point. I remember the months after Trump was elected and it was like a coming out parade of bigots.

It's like they decided to kick up their legs and loosen their belts after bringing in the foul mouthed p***y grabber, and i bet minorities in red states had to keep their lips shut for awhile.

So it goes both ways. I don't think the current climate is helpful but I'm not sure either side has a meaningful formula for moving forward at the moment.

First thing is to excise the orange lump and its cancerous spawn, then maybe we can talk about healing.

DVauthrin likes this.
  15. TheresTheDagger

This is closer to what I was hoping to discuss. Trump aside, WHY are more people afraid to discuss politics than in the past...especially those who favor conservatism. Yes, there is some embarrassment about Trump's manner. It's indefensible. But it goes beyond that I think. What do you think?

It does. I didn't title it and would have titled it differently myself. I added it solely because it discusses the study I linked. You can decide for yourself what you think of it.
    No you didn't. Apologies if I misstated you. I'm simply hoping the discussion would develop beyond the "Trump" factor.

16. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

She’s easily as bad.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Trumps numbers are probably higher. Many racists don’t like to go public.

Andre0087 likes this.
  18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Try being black in a corporate office with any kind of peer review process and having emotions, facial expressions or disagreements of any kind then get back to me on why your "why do we need an MLK day" or "Bill Clinton is the first black president because he.." department-wide chain emails might not be in vogue any longer.

19. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

All this poll tells me is that the dumb **** in charge has so divided the country, Americans are afraid to even discuss real issues with each other.

20. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

:eek:

Silent majority