1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros Off-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 31, 2019.

1. awc713

awc713 Member

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

#SueTheAstrosSZN

A dugout paramedic who was struck by a foul ball during Game 2 of the 2019 American League Championship Series at Minute Maid Park is seeking more than $1 million in damages from the Astros, according to a lawsuit filed against the club on Thursday.

Brian Cariota, a paramedic supervisor employed by the Harris County Emergency Corps, suffered a traumatic brain injury, subarachnoid hemorrhage along the left frontal lobe and a fracture of the left superior orbital wall. According to the lawsuit, the Astros leaving Cariota unprotected by netting was “no accident.”

“Netting would have partially obstructed the view of an opposing catcher’s signs,” the suit said. “If you are stealing signs from the opposing catcher, you need a clear unobstructed view. The last thing a team engaging in sign stealing wants is a safety net protecting the dugout which may even partially obstruct the view of the opposing catcher’s signs.”

In an investigation that commenced one month after Cariota’s injury, Major League Baseball determined the Astros stole signs electronically during the 2017 and 2018 seasons. No evidence was found of wrongdoing in 2019.

The team focused a center field camera on the opposing catcher, relaying his signs onto a television monitor in the dugout. Players alerted teammates of the coming pitch by banging a trash can. Owner Jim Crane fired general manager Jeff Luhnow and manager A.J. Hinch for allowing the scheme to continue.

Cariota’s lawsuit named only the Houston Astros as a defendant, but mentioned both Hinch and Luhnow in its factual background.

“Luhnow and Hinch, as well as others in control of the Houston Astros, made sure that no safety netting was positioned in an area that would obstruct the line of sight of the opposing catcher’s signs,” the suit read.

“This was a conscious decision made by the defendant (the Astros) who had subjective awareness of the extreme risk associated with its conduct and decision. The decision was made in deliberate disregard for the rights, safety and welfare of others including the plaintiff (Cariota).”

Cariota served as the Astros’ dugout paramedic during the game on Oct. 13. He was hit above the left eyebrow by Michael Brantley’s line drive in the fifth inning of Houston’s 3-2 win. The baseball left Brantley’s bat at 108 mph, according to the suit.

According to the lawsuit, Cariota has permanent vision loss due to permanent damage to his retina, still experiences blurry vision, post-concussion syndrome and sees “floaters, halos and starbursts at night.”

After a 2-year-old girl was struck by a foul ball last May, the Astros extended protective netting beyond both dugouts at Minute Maid Park. The team debuted the new look on Aug. 19, 2019 — two months before Cariota was hit.

“This history shows that the Astros were keenly aware of the hazard created by foul balls,” the suit read. “Unfortunately, the Astros made a decision that they would not provide a safety net to protect workers in the dugout.”

#2522 J.R., Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  3. awc713

awc713 Member

4. msn

msn Member

Worst offseason ever keeps piling on. Like an early-April blizzard, this offseason is the winter that just won't GTF away.

5. awc713

awc713 Member

I wouldn’t put too much stock in that lawsuit. Seems a bit frivolous. No team to my knowledge used the type of netting Plaintiff is calling for, so it’s a league-wide issue that’s being framed to just the Astros. Sad story all around, but it seems like a stretch of a suit to me. He unfortunately assumed the risk by being in the dugout. Hopefully the Astros are doing what any competent organization would do—help out the EMS Plaintiff...but that doesn’t mean they’re liable in a court of law for the damages sought.

6. msn

msn Member

Oh, I agree. It's just another thing. 2020, man.
    [​IMG]

awc713 likes this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

Nah...it's all good

[​IMG]

Nook, Kim and Major like this.
  8. Major

Major Member

It seems the whole thing relies on them being able to prove that the Astros didn't have netting (1) specifically to cheat and (2) knowing it would be dangerous. It seems unlikely that either of those is true, let alone provable. More likely, this is a way to push the Astros forward on a settlement agreement.

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

MLB literally said themselves the Astros didn’t cheat in 2019.

Idiots!! Suing just to sue at this point.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This.

With the disastrous PR situation the organization finds itself in, it's pretty much open season. If you have some misfortune befall you, and the Astros are even kinda, sorta related to it, you got a shot at a settlement.

11. Screaming Fist

Wonder why his weight yo-yos so much.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

My guess. He likes to eat meals with a lot of calories. While under team supervision, his weight drops due to the team acting like a nagging mom.

Caveat: This is just a guess and could be completely wrong.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Well there are a few reasons.

He was obese early in his high school career..... he lost a lot of weight and then pitched better.

In the minors last year or the year before he made a concerted effort to increase his weight believing it would keep him from wearing down.

He then decided that was a bad idea, and started losing weight because he was fatigued late in games.

Then in spring training he came in out of shape....... and now has decided to lose weight.

While all of this was going on, he also decided to completely rebuild his delivery and pitch sequence with minimal input from the Astros...... he decided that a change would allow him to pitch longer........ he was light up like a roman candle and refused to change his delivery.

Last I heard this spring he was going to go back to the delivery that gave him success but was having some issues with balance.....

Throw in his drug suspension and horse **** story about being tired and taking unknown drugs from his friend to drive...... and you have a lot of reasons for his struggles.

I am hoping this year we get better focus and he stops staring down his catcher and umpire, getting animated when his fielders fail to reach the lasers he was giving up.

I don't know........ maybe be thin and use the delivery that made him the best pitching prospect in baseball? Just a thought......... also keep him the HELL away from the human beach ball Martes who also believes coaching instruction is optional only.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Starting pitcher tiers: Industry insiders rank MLB’s arms, from aces to ‘guys’

Who are the aces in baseball? That was the question we wanted to answer as the 2020 campaign approached. So we decided to ask around.

Our methodology was straightforward. We approached 20 people in the industry to gather a cross-section of opinions. Some of our panelists have been in the game for decades, baseball lifers who have watched firsthand the evolution of scouting. Some have arrived only recently, part of a wave of new talent ushered in by the prevalence of data. The group includes top-level decision-makers and front-line talent evaluators. A few occupy the growing space between the front office and the field, essentially giving them a foot in both worlds. And in their careers, many have worn more than one hat.

To fill out our pool of responses, we took the top 60 pitchers in 2019 by FanGraphs’ version of WAR, then added the former Cy Young Award winner Dallas Keuchel, whose late signing kept him out of the pool. Then we granted anonymity to our panelists and asked them to assign each pitcher to one of the following tiers:

Tier 1 — Aces: The sort of pitcher you build a franchise around. An ace stays healthy during the marathon of the season and pitches well enough to carry the club into October. An ace is the pitcher you want on the mound in Game 7. And you know what you can expect from your ace the next season — more of the same, if not better.

Tier 2 — Applicants: A pitcher who has the potential to graduate into the elite group but hasn’t quite gotten there yet. Or, perhaps they’ve been at the top in the past, and they’re capable of getting there again. This is an applicant.

Tier 3 — No. 2s and 3s: It is true that applicants may fall into this category as well. The difference is that pitchers in this tier lack the upside to graduate to the upper ranks. Still, they’re a steady presence to anchor a rotation.

Tier 4 — Guys: Everyone else. Or, in the parlance of the game, “just a guy.”

We used a points system based to assign each pitcher an Ace Score, which ultimately determined placement in the appropriate tier. An average score of 1.50 or better was required to reach the third tier. A score of 2.50 or better was required for entry into the applicant pool.

We decided to limit the aces to the pitchers who received unanimous ratings from our 20 respondents.

The categories weren’t perfect, which was inevitable since this is, at its core, a subjective exercise. “I think the ace question is the dumbest ever,” said one American League talent evaluator (who subsequently did not return his survey). Those with a heavy scouting background revealed themselves by slapping half-grades on those they perceived as in between. Said one American League executive: “There’s probably a bunch in Tier 3 that I’d take even though group 2 has a chance (to move up) — even if it’s a low chance.”

The list is influenced by baseball’s near-universal respect of legacies. Consider the case of Madison Bumgarner, who signed a multi-year deal with the Diamondbacks though he’s shown signs of aging. “I still want performers,” said a longtime scout, who advocated for the veteran lefty. An official with new-school leanings concurred: “I want Bumgarner pitching Game 7 even if I think he’s washed in the regular season.”

But plenty of differences are highlighted, too. Consider Zack Wheeler, the Phillies’ right-hander whose lackluster track record did not keep him from scoring a nine-figure free-agent deal. Two of our panelists ranked him in the bottom tier, citing his lack of accomplishments. Meanwhile, two others tagged him as an ace, based almost entirely on the promise of his raw ability. Said a National League official: “Stuff matters.”

I. ACES

Gerrit Cole, RHP, New York Yankees
    Rating: 4.00 | Aces votes: 20 | Age: 29 | 2019 stats: 20-5, 2.50 ERA, 212.1 IP, 2.64 FIP, 13.8 strikeouts per nine.

Baseball has never been more averse to risk. Front offices have become overrun by sycophants within the Church of Data. They speak the same language of the owners, many of whom don’t measure success with World Series titles. The goal is to achieve maximum efficiency. The game has become less about doing something brilliant and more about avoiding a big mistake. There is a difference. Yet, in a sport that has valued the sure thing over anything else, Cole secured a record nine-year, $324 million contract. There are fewer bigger risks than committing that many years and dollars to a pitcher. But Cole’s overwhelming skills made it easy for teams to forget. “He is the best pitcher on the list,” said one AL executive. “ I don’t know that you can point to a weakness, and then he does it for 200 innings. If I had to pick one pitcher for a game where I was betting my life, I would pick Gerrit.”

Jacob deGrom, RHP, New York Mets
    Score: 4.00 | Aces votes: 20 | Age: 32 | 2019 stats: 11-8, 2.43 ERA, 204 IP, 2.67 FIP, 11.3 strikeouts per nine.

Max Scherzer, RHP, Washington Nationals
    Score: 4.00 | Aces votes: 20 | Age: 35 | 2019 stats: 11-7, 2.92 ERA, 172.1 IP, 2.45 FIP, 12.7 strikeouts per nine.

Justin Verlander, RHP, Houston Astros
    Score: 4.00 | Aces votes: 20 | Age: 37 | 2019 stats: 21-6, 2.58 ERA, 223 IP, 3.27 FIP, 12.1 strikeouts per nine.

This isn’t the NFL, where future franchise quarterbacks declare themselves long before the draft. This isn’t the NBA, where transcendent superstars almost always come from the first part of the lottery. In baseball, even those drafted at the top of their class aren’t acquired as fully formed products. They must learn in the pros, as Verlander did. “He came out of college a total shitshow,” one AL exec said, “and then he developed.” He became an ace, then joined another rare club: those who fell from the top and climbed back. Verlander revitalized himself after joining the Astros in 2017, mining the organization’s data-driven approach to alter his sequences and baffle his opponents.

“Verlander is amazing because he had that crown, and then struggled when he went through injuries and now he’s gotten it back,” an NL scout said. “Now, he’s reinventing himself delivery-wise.” The end result is once again becoming an ace, a joy to watch except to those tasked with trying to beat him. Said one AL executive: “****ing hate watching Verlander because it seems like he always shoves.” Really, isn’t that what being an ace is all about?

II. APPLICANTS

Walker Buehler, RHP, Los Angeles Dodgers
    Score: 3.70 | Ace votes: 14 | Age: 25 | 2019 stats: 14-4, 3.26 ERA, 182.1 IP, 3.01 FIP, 10.6 strikeouts per nine.

Stephen Strasburg, RHP, Washington Nationals
    Rating: 3.65 | Ace votes: 16 | Age: 31 | 2019 stats: 18-6, 3.32 ERA, 209 IP, 3.25 FIP, 10.8 strikeouts per nine.

Jack Flaherty, RHP, St. Louis Cardinals
    Score: 3.35 | Aces votes: 7 | Age: 24 | 2019 stats: 11-8, 2.75 ERA, 196.1 IP, 3.46 FIP, 10.6 strikeouts per nine.

Blake Snell, LHP, Tampa Bay Rays
    Score: 3.25 | Aces votes: 7 | Age: 27 | 2019 stats: 6-8, 4.29 ERA, 107 IP, 3.32 FIP, 12.4 strikeouts per nine.

Luis Castillo, RHP, Cincinnati Reds
    Score: 3.00 | Aces votes: 2 | Age: 27 | 2019 stats: 15-8, 3.40 ERA, 190.2 IP, 3.70 FIP, 10.7 strikeouts per nine.

Chris Sale, LHP, Boston Red Sox
    Score: 3.00 | Aces votes: 8 | Age: 31 | 2019 stats: 6-11, 4.40 ERA, 147.1 IP, 3.39 FIP, 13.3 strikeouts per nine.

Shane Bieber, RHP, Cleveland Indians
    Score: 2.90 | Aces votes: 1 | Age: 25 | 2019 stats: 15-8, 3.28 ERA, 214.1 IP, 3.32 FIP, 10.9 strikeouts per nine.

José Berríos, RHP, Minnesota Twins
    Score: 2.85 | Aces votes: 3 | Age: 26 | 2019 stats: 14-8, 3.68 ERA, 200.1 IP, 3.85 FIP, 8.8 strikeouts per nine.

Aaron Nola, RHP, Philadelphia Phillies
    Score: 2.85 | Aces votes: 2 | Age: 27 | 2019 stats: 12-7, 3.87 ERA, 202.1 IP, 4.03 FIP, 10.2 strikeouts per nine.

Noah Syndergaard, RHP, New York Mets
    Score: 2.85 | Aces votes: 5 | Age: 27 | 2019 stats: 10-8, 4.28 ERA, 197.2 IP, 3.60 FIP, 9.2 strikeouts per nine.

No Worries likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Mike Clevinger, RHP, Cleveland Indians
    Score: 2.70 | Aces votes: 2 | Age: 29 | 2019 stats: 13-4, 2.71 ERA, 126 IP, 2.49 FIP, 12.1 strikeouts per nine.

Lucas Giolito, RHP, Chicago White Sox
    Score: 2.70 | Aces votes: 1 | Age: 25 | 2019 stats: 14-9, 3.41 ERA, 176.2 IP, 3.43 FIP, 11.6 strikeouts per nine.

Mike Soroka, RHP, Atlanta Braves
    Score: 2.70 | Aces votes: 1 | Age: 22 | 2019 stats: 13-4, 2.68 ERA, 174.2 IP, 3.45 FIP, 7.3 strikeouts per nine.

Clayton Kershaw, LHP, Los Angeles Dodgers
    Score: 2.60 | Aces votes: 6 | Age: 32 | 2019 stats: 16-5, 3.03 ERA, 178.1 IP, 3.86 FIP, 9.5 strikeouts per nine.

German Márquez, RHP, Colorado Rockies
    Score: 2.60 | Age: 25 | 2019 stats: 12-5, 4.76 ERA, 174 IP, 4.06 FIP, 9.1 strikeouts per nine.

Charlie Morton, RHP, Tampa Bay Rays
    Score: 2.60 | Aces votes: 6 | Age: 36 | 2019 stats: 16-6, 3.05 ERA, 194.2 IP, 2.81 FIP, 11.1 strikeouts per nine.

“He became an applicant at age 32,” an NL scout said. “Two years ago, I wouldn’t have put Charlie Morton on the list. But I would now because I feel comfortable with his swing-and-miss stuff. He’s a different pitcher.” In fact, for this scout, Morton has become an ace. An American League executive gave him “top of the scale” marks for demeanor and consistency, noting that he got the ball in elimination games for the Rays. Unlike other aces, Morton doesn’t leave you thinking that the hitters don’t have a chance. But he’s hard to fully appreciate, “until you watch him 20 times and you realize how well he knows what he’s doing,” the executive said. Yet, the predominant thought on Morton remains that he’s a step down from being an ace. “He’s tough,” said one AL official. “I like Charlie quite a bit. I wouldn’t want him for Game 7 even though he’s done it before and succeeded. I think he’s right on the border.”

Chris Paddack, RHP, San Diego Padres
    Score: 2.60 | Age: 24 | 2019 stats: 9-7, 3.33 ERA, 140.2 IP, 3.95 FIP, 9.8 strikeouts per nine.

Patrick Corbin, LHP, Washington Nationals
    Score: 2.55 | Aces votes: 3 | Age: 30 | 2019 stats: 14-7, 3.25 ERA, 202 IP, 3.49 FIP, 10.6 strikeouts per nine.

III. 2s AND 3s

Zack Greinke, RHP, Houston Astros
    Score: 2.45 | Aces votes: 4 | Age: 36 | 2019 stats: 18-5, 2.93 ERA, 208.2 IP, 3.22 FIP, 8.1 strikeouts per nine.

Greinke belongs in the Hall of Fame. After a rocky first season in Arizona, he adapted to the constraints of his arsenal. “His command and ability to change speeds has enabled him to age well,” one NL official said. Scouts believe he could continue to succeed even as he approaches 40.

Eduardo Rodríguez, LHP, Boston Red Sox
    Score: 2.40 | Age: 27 | 2019 stats: 19-6, 3.81 ERA, 203.1 IP, 3.86 FIP, 9.4 strikeouts per nine.

Trevor Bauer, RHP, Cincinnati Reds
    Score: 2.35 | Aces votes: 2 | Age: 29 | 2019 stats: 11-13, 4.48 ERA, 213 IP, 4.34 FIP, 10.7 strikeouts per nine.

Zack Wheeler, RHP, Philadelphia Phillies
    Score: 2.35 | Ace votes: 2 | Age: 30 | 2019 stats: 11-8, 3.96 ERA, 195.1 IP, 3.48 FIP, 9.0 strikeouts per nine.

Max Fried, LHP, Atlanta Braves
    Score: 2.25 | Age: 26 | 2019 stats: 17-6, 4.02 ERA, 165.2 IP, 3.72 FIP, 9.4 strikeouts per nine.

Hyun-Jin Ryu, LHP, Toronto Blue Jays
    Score: 2.25 | Aces votes: 2 | Age: 33 | 2019 stats: 14-5, 2.32 ERA, 182.2 IP, 3.10 FIP, 8.0 strikeouts per nine.

James Paxton, LHP, New York Yankees
    Score: 2.15 | Age: 31 | 2019 stats: 15-6, 3.82 ERA, 150.2 IP, 3.86 FIP, 11.1 strikeouts per nine.

Mike Minor, LHP, Texas Rangers
    Score: 2.10 | Aces votes: 1 | Age: 32 | 2019 stats: 14-10, 3.59 ERA, 208.1 IP, 4.25 FIP, 8.6 strikeouts per nine.

Sonny Gray, RHP, Cincinnati Reds
    Score: 2.05 | Aces votes: 1 | Age: 30 | 2019 stats: 11-8, 2.87 ERA, 175.1 IP, 3.42 FIP, 10.5 strikeouts per nine.

Matthew Boyd, LHP, Detroit Tigers
    Score: 2.00 | Age: 29 | 2019 stats: 9-12, 4.56 ERA, 185.1 IP, 4.32 FIP, 11.6 strikeouts per nine.

Marcus Stroman, RHP, New York Mets
    Score: 2.00 | Age: 29 | 2019 stats: 10-13, 3.22 ERA, 184.1 IP, 3.72 FIP, 7.8 strikeouts per nine.

Brandon Woodruff, RHP, Milwaukee Brewers
    Score: 2.00 | Age: 27 | 2019 stats: 11-3, 3.62 ERA, 121.2 IP, 3.01 FIP, 10.6 strikeouts per nine.

Yu Darvish, RHP, Chicago Cubs
    Score: 1.95 | Age: 33 | 2019 stats: 6-8, 3.95 ERA, 178.2 IP, 4.18 FIP, 11.5 strikeouts per nine.

Kyle Hendricks, RHP, Chicago Cubs
    Score: 1.95 | Age: 30 | 2019 stats: 11-10, 3.46 ERA, 177 IP, 3.61 FIP, 7.6 strikeouts per nine.

Madison Bumgarner, LHP, Arizona Diamondbacks
    Score: 1.85 | Aces votes: 2 | Age: 30 | 2019 stats: 9-9, 3.90 ERA, 207.2 IP, 3.90 FIP, 8.8 strikeouts per nine.

Robbie Ray, LHP, Arizona Diamondbacks
    Score: 1.85 | Age: 28 | 2019 stats: 12-8, 4.34 ERA, 174.1 IP, 4.29 FIP, 12.1 strikeouts per nine.

Masahiro Tanaka, RHP, New York Yankees
    Score: 1.85 | Age: 31 | 2019 stats: 11-9, 4.45 ERA, 182 IP, 4.27 FIP, 7.4 strikeouts per nine.

Lance Lynn, RHP, Texas Rangers
    Score: 1.80 | Age: 33 | 2019 stats: 16-11, 3.67 ERA, 208.1 IP, 3.13 FIP, 10.6 strikeouts per nine

Reynaldo López, RHP, Chicago White Sox
    Score: 1.70 | Age: 26 | 2019 stats: 10-15, 5.38 ERA, 184 IP, 5.04 FIP, 8.3 strikeouts per nine.

Jon Gray, RHP, Colorado Rockies
    Score: 1.65 | Age: 28 | 2019 stats: 11-8, 3.84 ERA, 150 IP, 4.06 FIP, 9.0 strikeouts per nine.

Kenta Maeda, RHP, Minnesota Twins
    Score: 1.65 | Age: 32 | 2019 stats: 10-8, 4.04 ERA, 153.2 IP, 3.95 FIP, 9.9 strikeouts per nine.

David Price, LHP, Los Angeles Dodgers
    Score: 1.65 | Age: 34 | 2019 stats: 7-5, 4.28 ERA, 107.1 IP, 3.62 FIP, 10.7 strikeouts per nine.

Sandy Alcantara, RHP, Miami Marlins
    Score: 1.60 | Age: 24 | 2019 stats: 6-14, 3.88 ERA, 197.1 IP, 4.55 FIP, 6.9 strikeouts per nine.

Dallas Keuchel, LHP, Chicago White Sox
    Score: 1.60 | Age: 32 | 2019 stats: 8-8, 3.75 ERA, 112.2 IP, 4.72 FIP, 7.3 strikeouts per nine.

Keuchel always thrived on command and control, and he upped the usage of his cutter during his half-season cameo with the Braves. He pitched well enough to merit a $55.5 million deal with the White Sox.

Jake Odorizzi, RHP, Minnesota Twins
    Score: 1.60 | Age: 30 | 2019 stats: 15-7, 3.51 ERA, 159 IP, 3.36 FIP, 10.1 strikeouts per nine.

Cole Hamels, LHP, Atlanta Braves
    Score: 1.55 | Age: 36 | 2019 stats: 7-7, 3.81 ERA, 141.2 IP, 4.09 FIP, 9.1 strikeouts per nine.

Miles Mikolas, RHP, St. Louis Cardinals
    Rating: 1.55 | Age: 31 | 2019 stats: 9-14, 4.16 ERA, 184 IP, 4.27 FIP, 7.0 strikeouts per nine.

IV. GUYS

Marco Gonzales, LHP, Seattle Mariners
    Score: 1.45 | Age: 28 | 2019 stats: 16-13, 3.99 ERA, 203 IP, 4.15 FIP, 6.5 strikeouts per nine.

Anthony DeSclafani, RHP, Cincinnati Reds
    Rating: 1.40 | Age: 30 | 2019 stats: 9-9, 3.89 ERA, 166.2 IP, 4.43 FIP, 9.0 strikeouts per nine

Joe Musgrove, RHP, Pittsburgh Pirates
    Score: 1.40 | Age: 27 | 2019 stats: 11-12, 4.44 ERA, 170.1 IP, 3.82 FIP, 8.3 strikeouts per nine.

In retrospect, the Pirates probably should not have traded Gerrit Cole.

José Quintana, LHP, Chicago Cubs
    Score: 1.40 | Age: 31 | 2019 stats: 13-9, 4.68 ERA, 171 IP, 3.80 FIP, 8.0 strikeouts per nine

Spencer Turnbull, RHP, Detroit Tigers
    Score: 1.40 | Age: 27 | 2019 stats: 3-17, 4.61 ERA, 148.1 IP, 3.99 FIP, 8.9 strikeouts per nine.

Kyle Gibson, RHP, Texas Rangers
    Score: 1.35 | Age: 32 | 2019 stats: 13-7, 4.84 ERA, 160 IP, 4.26 FIP, 9.0 strikeouts per nine.

Jon Lester, LHP, Chicago Cubs
    Score: 1.35 | Age: 36 | 2019 stats: 13-10, 4.46 ERA, 171.2 IP, 4.26 FIP, 8.7 strikeouts per nine.

John Means, LHP, Baltimore Orioles
    Rating: 1.35 | Age: 27 | 2019 stats: 12-11, 3.60 ERA, 155 IP, 4.41 FIP, 7.0 strikeouts per nine

Aníbal Sánchez, RHP, Washington Nationals
    Score: 1.25 | Age: 36 | 2019 stats: 11-8, 3.85 ERA, 166 IP, 4.44 FIP, 7.3 strikeouts per nine.

Michael Pineda, RHP, Minnesota Twins
    Score: 1.20 | Age: 31 | 2019 stats: 11-5, 4.01 ERA, 146 IP, 4.02 FIP, 8.6 strikeouts per nine.

Dylan Bundy, RHP, Los Angeles Angels
    Score: 1.20 | Age: 27 | 2019 stats: 7-14, 4.79 ERA, 161.2 IP, 4.73 FIP, 9.0 strikeouts per nine.

Homer Bailey, RHP, Minnesota Twins
    Score: 1.05 | Age: 34 | 2019 stats: 13-9, 4.57 ERA, 163.1 IP, 4.11 FIP, 8.2 strikeouts per nine.

16. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

Lance about to remind people what the major's best curve ball looks like.

studogg, The Beard, Uprising and 2 others like this.
  17. awc713

awc713 Member

You would think any pitching prospect, let alone a first rounder with as much upside as Forrest, would, I don’t know, want to work with the Astros brass instead of...going rogue.

18. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

SMH and BOTH of our aces lost games 1 and 2 of the WS.

desihooper likes this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Just on-field?