1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we start to "re-open"

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by ThatBoyNick, Apr 24, 2020.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Coronavirus infections rising fastest among kids younger than 10, dimming prospects for Oregon’s school reopening plans
    https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavi...pects-for-oregons-school-reopening-plans.html

Texas Teachers Consider Leaving The Classroom Over COVID-19 Fears
    https://www.houstonpublicmedia.org/...sider-leaving-the-classroom-because-of-covid/

Back to school? 1 in 5 teachers are unlikely to return to reopened classrooms this fall, poll says
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...rs-poll-ipsos-parents-fall-online/5254729002/

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I get their frustration, part of it is probably seeing other people breaking rules (including party-goers, shoppers and protesters) and thinking it is unfair for them to have to follow the rules. But hopefully enough people see reason and the number of rule breaking is low.

I have to say that while I have been wearing mask everywhere, I have been going shopping (at grocery stores and the Walmart/Targets) more than is strictly necessary. I should think harder about whether I really need to go out each time.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Ugh... so the whole “children are highly unlikely to get infected or spread the virus” theory is put to the test and it does not lookjfood.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

It's a frustrating dilemma for both teachers and parents. There are so many conflicting reports.

RayRay10 and DVauthrin like this.
  6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

But why bring Norway into this?

7. conquistador#11

8,076 new cases yesterday and my sister came out positive after deciding to get tested when she had 2 consecutive days of feeling like , "I ran a marathon". What I found fascinating is that she's been obsessing over where she got it. She goes mask plus gloves when doing the groceries.
    I will isolate myself since I did see her 8 days ago. A lot of shows to catch up on and updating my photography website.
    But there is
    Good News! Only 2 deaths were reported in Murderkill River and they were not corona related!

(yes, I wanted to post a clip of the hot reporter who unfortunately can't qualify for the local hotties thread)

Kim, RayRay10, Blatz and 1 other person like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'd murderkill datass (not your sister, the reporter)

Kim, RayRay10, Rashmon and 1 other person like this.
  9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Damn, sorry to hear about your sister. Have heard too many “have no idea how I caught this” stories. Ugh.

RayRay10 and conquistador#11 like this.
  10. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/02/us/california-thomas-macias-coronavirus/index.html

A friend who was at the party reached out to Macias to say he had coronavirus, and he was aware of the diagnosis when he attended the gathering but didn't think he could infect anyone because he had no symptoms, Lopez said.

W
    T
    H

I'm amazed every day at the stupidity of some people. You'd think I wouldn't be after all these years.

RayRay10, Andre0087, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  11. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

12. NewRoxFan

Yea, tell me about how Biden has trouble communicating...

RayRay10 and No Worries like this.
  13. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Unless that guy just walked out of hibernating in the back woods for 3 months without a phone, television, or internet, then I don't believe him.

If he really believed that then someone in his family should legally become his caretaker. He is probably a danger to himself and others by not being mentally fit to make decisions on his own.

Nook, RayRay10 and the11mingdynasty like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

trumpism at its finest...

Republican From Virus Hotspot Says Trump Should Disband Task Force
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...low-organic&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Anytime someone says "These are not numbers made up by me." it makes me bigly suspicious. He said it best himself...

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

You know, I can accept that people will not agree with the approach of this virus. That's fine, some people are selfish, evil individuals who believe they have everybody's best interest at heart (jobs) but in reality their ignorance blocks them from truly understanding this (the @bigtexx mentality of just focusing on deaths since that currently supports his current agenda).

However, Dr Fauci and Dr Birx are professionals. They don't give a **** about your "feelings" regarding the data they share and instead are only there to make the recommendations as they see fit. It's the reason we consider them "experts" and unless you specialize in infectious diseases, your "feelings" can **** off. Even if they are wrong, it doesn't make them any less of an expert. They are providing information based on dynamic data and that's the best they can do. If you don't like it, take it up to congress and the Trump administration and have them replaced.

17. NewRoxFan

18. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Wow... they are closing restaurants... but only after midnight.

Coronavirus crisis deepens as Florida soars over 10,000 new cases, largest jump of the pandemic
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/corona...0200702-te3iujkfvngkzofm2w4epmacky-story.html

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

Its been six months and we still don't have testing...

Long lines as Alabama cities see new demand for coronavirus testing
    https://www.al.com/news/2020/07/lon...s-see-new-demand-for-coronavirus-testing.html

RayRay10 likes this.