1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston: Dude attacked at gas station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jun 17, 2020.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

West of me...

Frisco, Plano, Allen, McKinney area

2. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

More peaceful protestors in action, carry on ...the sad thing is if that sap who got sucker punched shot that dude assaulting him, I’m sure if he was in a blue state they would charge him with murder.

#102 ROXRAN, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  3. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What do you think of the murder conviction rate in cities like Chicago? Something upwards of 75% of the murders there go unsolved.

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Thugs, dogs. What other racial name you want to call them?

5. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Here's the bigger picture on this, I believe. It raises the question 'Do ALL Black Lives Matter'? Because when stuff like this happens, you're gonna get a LOT of people that say, "No, not those animals". So, it would seem to me, then, that BLACKS would be up in arms about this type of behavior. It is completely counter productive to what they are saying they are trying to achieve. At best, it muddies the waters; often, though, I think it furthers the stereotype that causes the treatment of blacks that they are complaining about.

But, do you usually see blacks call out this type of behavior? I'm sure many of them are against it, but do you hear public statements indicating this is wrong? Not usually. Is there an outcry over this particular incident, from blacks? I haven't heard any...if there is please do share.

There may, as Nick and others have pointed out, be more to it than the video shows, but I also think that if there were, this would have happened in the store. What I saw was a street gang reacting to someone standing up to them. Maybe not smart...but then neither is attacking a police office and stealing their taser...and using it on them. You can't have it both ways. So, if you want to promote the change you seem to be seeking, you also need to speak out vociferously against behavior like this. And it don't usually see that happening. Leaving a lot of people thinking 'you know what, screw you and your blm crap', and that's neither helpful nor what they want.

6. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Wait...how is that racial? They are just 'names'. Names that don't have any racial connotation. Just come out and call him a racist if that's where you're heading. Or take the high road and let it go.

Is this where we really want to BE in our society? The moment calls out for calmness. Not flaming the fire. The should be some civility that we can all agree upon if productive discussions are going to happen.

Astrodome likes this.
  7. likestohypeguy

Actually, for the benefit of the cause, i'd actually rather everyone wait until after the election for all of this, even if they are deserving...

I just fear there will be a lot of disenfranchised "silent/compliant" otherwise not voting whites, who will be motivated after watching some of these artificially promoted "black on white crime" videos. Everyone just wait, show your power by getting the vote out, THEN exercise it.

8. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I can think of many, all appropriate given the behavior. Would say the same if it were a white gang doing this, or a Latino gang...or any other bunch of damn thugs. So, your point? Is it racist? Or merely descriptive?

What word would you use to describe people like this? Which, as others have pointed out, are all too easy to find examples of. You want people to get behind black lives matter, call this crap out. Otherwise you're going to have a whole bunch of people thinking, no, not when they do that, they don't matter. As has been said a lot about whites not speaking up supporting change...same applies here. If you're not actively calling out this kind of behavior then yes you are a big part of the problem. A lot of the problems blacks face stems from behavior like this...so if you REALLY want change, you need to address this as well.

B@ffled, mario_v and TheresTheDagger like this.
  9. TheresTheDagger

LOL. Good luck.

B@ffled likes this.
  10. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

It just. keeps. happening. Golly gee, I just can't imagine why police are suspicious when they are treated consistently in this manner...

likestohypeguy likes this.
  11. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Eloquent post and I want to add something else. The black community has a cancer on their hands and the only ones that can eradicate this are themselves. If they do nothing everytime there’s a violent incident like this plus many more out there, they are delegitimizing their own cause. When people see incidents like these, they will become more fearful of blacks and I’m sure the hatred and animosity will increase also. How can you not every time you see a beat down like at that convenience store? Shoving grandma on the sidewalk or countless of other acts of violence like the knockout games. If they put up with it and don’t demand that these thugs must be punished for giving black people a bad name, we will not understand their plight and get behind it. For now, it’s really hard to sympathize every time you see crap like this.

#111 generalthade_03, Jun 17, 2020
    BigDog63 and mario_v like this.
  12. generalthade_03

If the names fit, you must not acquit.

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Now when you raise the question 'Do ALL Black Lives Matter'? Yes the reason for black lives matter is through out history in America that was not the case. Blacks were were viewed as a subpar race. So yes black lives matter too! period.
    Funny how the person on twitter who posted the video is black.

jiggyfly likes this.
  15. generalthade_03

If they can treat a cop like that imagine what they can do to you and I? I sure am want to live in a peaceful society where you don’t have to strap yourself or look at another person and be on guard, but crap like this does exist, and you would be smart to protect yourself at all times.

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So the dude who got beat up in Houston
    Is getting death threats
    Just saw that on the news

what a time to be alive

7:50 mark

#116 tinman, Jun 17, 2020
  17. generalthade_03

Imagine if this was your grandma?

18. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Yeah saw that on fox news hope they catch him

DVauthrin and Nook like this.
  19. generalthade_03

That’s why we must not fall for this lie, stand together as Americans from every shades and fight this evil. Wrong is wrong, no matter how you spin it. Our enemies want to see us fight each others, they want to destroy this great nation by pitting one group against another. I know it’s pointless in here, but don’t fall for this lie people.

BigDog63 and B@ffled like this.
  20. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Over 100 arrests and a sex offender.