1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston: Dude attacked at gas station

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by tinman, Jun 17, 2020.

1. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Believe me, I’m a peaceful man and we would all want to live peacefully together. You know that’s not the case with some of these thugs walking around out there. I’d rather not laying down and be their b**** that’s all. You do what you feel like.

2. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

It was good and bad...

It actually put a BULLSEYE on ALL BLACK MEN.. Not some ALL......

I love how you say in those AREAS...

I live north of Dallas and now that I am on the neighborhood app I hear about more crimes and shooting than I ever could have imagined...

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This wouldn't happen in Texas?

These types of group beatings, just like the one here are horrible. Gangs of any color are not good people. They are violent, dangerous men and women. Groups of young wanna be gangsters are just as bad. They have no empathy for the violence they incur. They have no morals, and will raise their kids the same way. I doubt many of these kids grew up with college educated parents, or had great role models. Giving them easy access to guns is what is wrong with our country.

We simply have too many guns in the hands of violent and dangerous people in this country. We need to fix that. We also need far more programs to serve these youth in inner cities, give them more opportunity to do better for themselves, and give them better education and more programs to give them hope. Our schools are so overcrowded it's ridiculous. We need a much smaller teacher to student ratio in the classrooms. We need to fix what's broken, so the youth of today can become leaders of tomorrow. We need to end the cycle.

#83 deb4rockets, Jun 17, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not against carrying but as we saw with the situation in Atlanta at the Wendy's when an LEO got his weapon taken away from him. There is always the danger of having a weapon taken away from you and used against you. That is even more the situation with open carry where a weapon is being carried in an unsecured manner.

The one thing I always say about martial arts is that it's a weapon that can't be taken away from you. That said I strongly encourage avoiding confrontation. Most of self-defense is not getting in a situation where you have to use it.

Nook, ROXRAN and RayRay10 like this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

6. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Why are there so many of these type of videos? I think the media is completely backwards on what the real problem is. It's not the police.

7. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Who was protesting? What does this have to do with protesters.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Calling them dogs. Run in packs. Classy Why don’t you call them what you really want to call them.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

How many white nationalist killed people in the last 30 years and visa versa. Let’s see those stats

RayRay10 likes this.
  10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

These random beatdown videos are popping up everywhere. The one with dude walking by the old lady and clocking her..... Is this going to be the new norm?
    When I think this through: I decide to get a concealed license and I'm carrying and someone comes up and clocks me.. You can't defend that. And of course emotions would be running high and I would be tempted to shoot AFTER the attack, when the beatdown is done. So, I'm thinking concealed carrying isn't such a good idea for me. But seeing these videos pop up now almost daily makes me want to carry.

I just went to Lowes to pick an AC filter. And I definitely had a heightened sense of alertness. This was before seeing this video.

generalthade_03 likes this.
  11. generalthade_03

How other ways do you say them? What part of north Dallas, the area is huge? I used to help my friend with his clinic in Flower Mound

12. generalthade_03

Ok thugs. Happy now!

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Again...let's pick a video of a Black person hurting someone else. That Black person is almost 100% assured of being caught and punished. Can't say the same for white people or police officers.

14. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Bad Hombres

15. generalthade_03

How did he hide that piece in his bikini brief? Lol

16. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Ok what cases are those? You got links?

17. generalthade_03

Open and carry away brother, it may save your life and your loved ones one day. Don’t let anyone here or the fake news media shame you or question your instincts. I’ve been in combat sports all my life and I trust my instincts more than anything, we all have it, we just need to develop it more. Awareness of your environment is the number one thing my military training has taught me. If I was a bad guy, it would have been so easy for me to prey on people. There are so many people walking our streets who don’t have a clue of their surroundings, and with the distractions of their smartphones, it’s like taking candies from a baby.

18. likestohypeguy

Any backstory on this? The way the assailant keeps repeating the n-word with such emphasis over and over to the victim, makes it sound like he's sarcastically imitating something he heard back at him.

But that's all we have of the video? I'd like to see how it ended, and what preceded the conflict it in particular.

19. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

That pisses me off. I hope they catch him

B@ffled likes this.
  20. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

No, actually it doesn't suggest that, and even if the victim did say that, then a physical assault is still unjustified. I can't believe I have to explain this.

ROXRAN likes this.