1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Military members and families vote for Trump?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rileydog, Jun 7, 2020.

1. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Damn Ray...

Knew I liked you for a reason...

T_Man

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The ironic part of that statement is that Trump does that exact thing when people disagree with him. He is the King of insults. Does that make him an emotionally fragile lefty?

mdrowe00, RayRay10 and IBTL like this.
  3. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Can you expand on what you think would happen if florida and texas do what you are saying?

I know it is speculation interested to hear what you think overall. You mention 12th amendment.

I read somewhere ( probably wrong) if went past january that speaker of house becomes president.

Curious to hear your doomsday scenario.

Surely we wouldn't just allow trump to continue? Lol

Im dreading this entire election situation and trump ouster will be an eviction party like we have never seen.

dobro1229 and RayRay10 like this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Okay so here's the part of the 12th amendment I'm referring to:

So what happens here is you would probably need two big electoral states like Texas and Florida to NOT certify their votes. Say that there are irregularities, etc. and they cannot certify their elections. Then the 12th amendment has this secondary selection process where the House then votes on the president with only ONE VOTE per state (Republicans have the majority if one vote per state).

Bam Trump is re-elected.

And yes... this has happened before so there is precedent.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/presidential-election-goes-to-the-house

The big question is what needs to happen to invoke the 12th amendment. Is Nancy Pelosi needed to bring a vote in the House to invoke the 12th? In the case of 1824, Congress looks like they agreed to vote and so there was no disagreement to invoke the 12th. Surely Pelosi and the Dems would see that this is a scam to put Trump back in power, but what power do they have if Texas and Florida refuse to certify their election, and The Supreme Court weighs in that the Constitution states they must vote via the House.

And if Pelosi refuses to go along, there's another kicker... The MITCH MCCONNELL CONTROLLED SENATE then has constitution mandate to do the following:

So the Senate has power in the end to force Pelosi to gamble on a vote in the House or Pence becomes president in March according to the Constitution.

If anyone reads that different, be my guest to correct me and point to where I'm misreading the Constitution.

5. swakid8

swakid8 Member

Former Navy, served on Submarines for 9 years, now currently a airline pilot. No Trump for me. I’ve always considered myself as a moderate who have voted for both Republicans and Democrats in the past. I was open minded to Trump until I saw his divisive tactics for elections just turned me off, it didn’t help to watch how it conducted himself in the office. His of ability to lead and bring the country together doesn’t help his case insteads he has doubled down on the divisiveness. Yeah no.

The thing that really irks me though really isn’t trump, but it’s Republicans like Mitch, LG, and Cruz (Trump talked **** about the mans family and now this dude is Kissing Trumps ass, what does that say about this man) who taken the Party over country approach to all of this.

Nope to Trump.

6. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

THIS!!!!!

T_Man

RayRay10 and deb4rockets like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I wonder if the rank and file military personnel who saw spending diverted from schools and other necessary spending to build trump's vanity wall will also reject trump?

Nook and RayRay10 like this.
  8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

What does it say about Cruz? That he's exactly the slimeball scummy piece of s*** we already knew he was. Anyone who's surprised by his 180 on trumpybear hasn't been paying attention to who Cruz is.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

lol. first of all, i was highly critical of mccain the politician. second, i never voted for obama and i was a frequent critic of his on this message board.

i didnt even bother reading the rest of your rant b/c you got two things wrong in your first two sentences.

its very telling that you think me saying its wrong to insult a POW means i am deifying them.

#49 jo mama, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  10. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Well crap, my original post was totally incomplete. I forgot McRaven, Allen and Dempsey. And Hayden. Anyone care to supplement with their credentials and rebukes of trump?

AleksandarN and RayRay10 like this.
  11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This annoys me as well -- Cruz is definitely the worst all these 'alpha male' leaders absolutely on their knees terrified of standing up for themselves, family, friends. It's insane all these powerful people are so absolutely spineless when a bloated comic book character attacks them -- better walk on eggshells or you might feel Trump's wraith and receive a mean nickname. At least walk over and yank his tie or smack him backstage. Props to Romney for not acting like a b****.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Pelosi wont agree so that will be curious how that plays.
    It sounds like in this scenario he gets 4 more and then goes for term limit loosening.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. dobro1229

This sort of relates to my post above which is that we might be worrying about the military while overlooking the real threat which is Mitch McConnell's Senate, and the one thing you didn't note is the Judiciary. People like Ted Cruz only really care about maintaining their power, and if you have people like this and McConnell who have the power to maintain their power by manipulating our laws and constitution to not only keep Trump in power, but give him more power....

USA you have a F-ing problem.

The military leaders through the grunts on the ground will have very little choices on the matter if the Supreme Court sends an order to military leaders, and the Senate holds the votes needed to legitimize a dictatorship.

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  14. Rileydog

So he’s like a Jedi surrounded by bad guys and swinging that light saber. Or the Shao Lin temple monk surrounded by Manchu bad guys in a Shaw Brothers production (someone please please get this obscure reference!)

So, I shall attempt to summarize the general Thade’s position:

- trump does say some crass stuff.

- I don’t really know what he said to the Muslim mother, but you weren’t there so you don’t either, and what was reported is clearly not it because, well the media is out to get him, so this whole episode barely counts as anything at all. At best, this is your classic “he said, she said” situation. (man General thade, this one isn’t looking too good for you, but I’m trying to accurately summarize your responses to your military brethren).

- he probably shouldn’t have said crap about John McCain, but let’s be honest, McCain wasn’t all that, and basically he was a “songbird” (whatever that means), and I assert without any evidence that McCain wasn’t respected by others, so it’s fine for me to attack him here, as it was for Trump to. But look, I said Trump probably shouldn’t have said the stuff about McCain, so I acknowledged the wrong (but spent 10x the ink on attacking McCain).

- I’m not going to bother explaining to you idiots the policy or ideological reasons for which I support trump. All you need to know is that I didn’t like Obama, I had to swallow a bunch of crap for 8 years, so it’s time for you guys to take it.

- and Gods not done with him yet.

- my addition - though you didn’t say this, I think you’d endorse this summary... look people, Trump is “unpresidential” whatever the hell that means, he pisses a lot of people off, he bends the rules, he might even break some, but after 8 years of Obama, tough crap, the ends justifies the means. He is getting it done. I’m not explaining what that “it” is, but he is getting it done. The fact that he pisses off all you “leftists” out there is even better. I’m so damn sick of the non stop talk about racial inequality, LGBTQ or whatever alphabet soup you want to throw up there. This country was so much better 20 years ago. We had stronger values, traditional Christian values. If you guys can’t understand this, that’s your problem.

How did I do?

jo mama, Invisible Fan, Nook and 4 others like this.
  15. dobro1229

Two things happen if the Republicans pull this off.

Either Pelosi folds and holds the vote hoping Republicans in the House do the right thing (haha), or we go the Russia/Putin route where Putin had to serve as the shadow president for a term until the laws could be rewritten to put him back in power. If Pelosi refused to hold a vote, the Senate holds the power to put Pence in office for 4 years, and Pence and the Senate could make Trump VP, or hire him chief of staff or something where he basically runs the government.

I think if Texas and Florida (or other states in collusion with the Republicans) do this, there will be a fire storm with people on the streets, or at least one would hope. I believe there will be some pressure on Pelosi on both sides to use her power to resolve. I think what you'll see her and the Dems try and do is to put a public messaging strategy into place by getting on the media to try and put pressure on Republicans in the House to guarantee a vote for Joe Biden as the legitimate winner of the election. I think they'd need about 10 Republicans to join the Democrats to vote for Biden.

Good luck with that Pelosi. I have almost no faith in Dan Patrick, Gregg Abbott, DeSantis, Kemp, etc. who have the power to make this sh$t show happen to try and steal the election.

16. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Sounds like a position of strength. You want in? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

generalthade_03 and Xerobull like this.
  17. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

You’ve got reading comprehension dude, I agree with you that it was weak sauce from Trump to insult McCain like that, it’s a bush league move, he should not have done it and I was not happy with it. The part I said about McCain is correct, he is not above criticism and especially when you have other POWs coming out to confirm his behaviors were less than honorable when they were with Songbird. You see the difference between the two now?
    You criticized Obama like the way the fake news lobbing softball questions at him during their daily love fest pressers? Sure, whatever you say. You don’t have to defend yourself, everybody who was here when Obama reigned, knew who were criticizing Obama. Those posters including myself caught hell, the most and predictable name thrown at us were racist. Yeah, we questioned his backgrounds because we’re racists? How about because he’s spent millions sealing his records and nobody till this day really knows a damn thing about that guy.

#57 generalthade_03, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  18. Rileydog

not sure if serious. Funny either way. I'm glad you think I summarized it well. I just want to know if the general thade agrees.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

Lol, don’t forget the ChiCom part too. The Donald is the only one that can take down that smelly WinnieTheFlu.
    Here’s some good read on “ Songbird Hanoi Hilton”. If y’all need to praise a hero, the right admiral to praise is James Stockdale, now that is an American hero in my book.
    https://arizonadailyindependent.com...indicated-by-hanoi-hilton-songbird-audio/amp/

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's nice. Even if you consider it a lie it's one thing.

Trump has lied more than Obama.

Here is Trump's scorecard on Politifact
    [​IMG]

Obama's
    [​IMG]

So Trump lied 69% of the time. Obama 23.

And Trump having so many pants on fire lies, which even if you think Politifact is some liberal propaganda source (it isn't) Pants on Fire lies can't even be debated and Trump just basically throws them out there like candy.

His last one is him claiming that he gave Mattis his nickname btw. Why does he even say things like this that are easily checked?

deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.