1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Expect the NBA back playing by mid/late June with 10 reg season games before POs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 5, 2020.

1. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

Horrible news.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

For wb

No Chill Rocket and BossHogg713 like this.
  3. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

I wonder if this will be reported as a Covid-19 death.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

There are positives having the elite and glitterati running the players union; there’s also the downside of a downsized middle class and greater chance for voice removal.

5. nsng20

nsng20 Member

How wewe' keeping in shape.

6. amaru

amaru Member

WILSON?!?!?!?

7. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Awesome that father-son could talk like that. Much love and respect.

And, WTH, Fertilla? Voluntary YOGA?

D-rock likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol now that I know for sure the nba players want to resume play..........

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

10. icewill36

icewill36 Member

This worries me a lot. All we have done to try and keep guys in shape is voluntary yoga? Seriously WTF. Tillman too cheap and poor to do what ballmer did with his team. I have no doubt the season will resume. I'm scared to see what our guys are going to look like after this layoff if that's all we've done.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

James Harden was not involved in the call. Brian Windhorst said in February some NBA stars don't like Harden. Problem with Harden being left off?

Shannon: I do. Harden is a superstar. He's a MVP, All-NBA player. I don't know any reason he wouldn't be on the call. Harden should have been on that call, whether you like or dislike him. This is BS. This is not about the time for like or dislike. He should have an opinion and be on that call.

Skip: I'm not sure whether he was left off or wanted off. James Harden is difficult. He has rubbed other stars the wrong way. You would like his input on whether they're going to go back or not. Maybe he thought Russ is on the call & will speak for me and us, the Rockets. In the end, it has to do with bad blood and yet, the reason I wanted to see this season finish, the best thing to happen to Harden was Westbrook. The best move Daryl Morey ever made was to get Westbrook. Harden needed someone there he loves and trusts. They grew up together in Southern Cal and have a weird connection where they'll defer to each other. I never thought Russ would defer to anyone and vice versa with James. They have this bond of love & trust they've never had with another player. It seems to work in Houston in ways it would never work with Chris Paul. That's James Harden. He'll shoot it like crazy. He's a product of a softer NBA today. The refs protect him & call phantom touch fouls. He leads the league in FTAs. In the end, he has the perfect situation, a co-star he believes in and will defer to him. I think Russell is rubbing off on James - guts, competitive desire - it's rubbing off on James. OK, you do the zoom call Russ. I'll just do what I do and they can do whatever they do.

Shannon: If the invitation was sent and rejected, that's one thing. But if he wasn't invited, there's where I have the problem. He should be afforded [the opportunity].

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I'm with you in the Tilman is a bad owner set, but I think it's on the players to take care of themselves. They're freaking professional athletes and millionaires. They can afford a treadmill, weight set and hoop for their house.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Come to think of it, what's the difference between sports leagues and other entertainment businesses such as the movie industry and TV.

They stopped production of movies and TV shows because they did not think it was safe for the actors, the directors, the crews, etc. They don't even need an audience while they are filming.

14. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

New Wilson game ball leaked

[​IMG]

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The movie process is a longer one, consists of pre production, production and shooting, post production.

Also I do not think you could do auditioning and cold reads without gathering actors.

No kisses, hugging, no sword fights.....

Each process calls for larger gatherings to discuss the creative process and due diligence, although you could in theory crowd control pre and post production a little bit by video conference or whatever.

Rooms full of artists working on post production etc.

#335 daywalker02, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Easy likes this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

Bolded = massive eye roll. No reason to even mention that. Skip's bias is clearly showing.

Regardless, it's just two talking heads talking about something just to talk about it, since there's nothing else of note.

D-rock likes this.
  17. TilmanFinancialWindfall

I believe the Adult Video Entertainment movie industry is back in production

18. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Giannis, LeBron, Kawhi, Paul, Curry.....at least 60% of that group already feels some type of way about Harden so I'm not surprised that either he got left out or he declined to join. The latter might be truer since Russ was on the call.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Did they say that Kawhi was a social weirdo that nobody wanted to be close to him?

D-rock and topfive like this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The problem here is that Windhorst's statement was based on nothing.

I am sure SOME NBA stars don't like Harden. Some NBA stars don't like CP3, Lebron, Durant, Curry, no one is universally liked among their peers, but to act like it's some grand conspiracy against him because they don't like his style of play?

Yeah, calling BS on that, he was literally voted player of the year that one year.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles...over-giannis-for-mvp-in-amicks-anonymous-poll

Last year an anonymous poll said players picked Harden > Giannis. I know Harden didn't go on to win the voted best player among players last season but he finished 2nd indicating there isn't any resentment of players about his play style. The whole playstyle thing was media fabricated to steal MVPs away from him. He plays no different than Doncic and Durant foul hunts as much as he does.

It's pure fantasy man, pure fantasy, Harden isn't Isiah Thomas who was actually disliked by a lot of players when he played.

Honestly, most of the players are buddy buddy today. I think the most disliked player in the NBA among stars is Durant for what he did to the league by running. I know CJ said something like that before and he talks to a lot of players...so Imma go with that.

Other than that man, yeah, not everyone likes everyone. Harden and Giannis don't seem to get along and we know Westbrook and Dame don't seem to like each other much either, it is what it is.

#340 JayGoogle, May 14, 2020
    Last edited: May 14, 2020
    dmoneybangbang, Easy and topfive like this.