1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coronavirus - Are you going out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IBTL, May 2, 2020.

?

Coronavirus are you going out?

Poll closed May 30, 2020.
  1. Yes I am going out more than essential

20.0%
  2. No I am staying in lockdown mode for most part, essentials only really

80.0%
  1. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

This whole situation is depressing as hell. I hope we can get some semblance of regular life during the summer even if it's short lived.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

That was to easy.:D

3. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, I haven't been in one of those places since a bachelor party for my brother-in-law over 20 years ago. Besides, I live in the Beaumont area. I do not know if we even have any strip clubs around here these days.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. cml750

cml750 Member

I am not a fan of the Landry's restaurants these days. They are not as good as they once were and I got the worst service of my life a few years ago at the Saltgrass in Port Arthur. It was the only time in my life I did not leave a tip. If Tilman wants me to eat at his restaurants he needs to get them back to having the high quality food and service they used to have a long time ago.

5. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

The golf club in my neighborhood has been packed during the lock down. They only allow one per cart and wipe the carts down w/ sanitizer after each use. A lot more people are walking too. The flagsticks are stuck in the hole, which has a bottom inside where the ball remains on top. So basically, you hit the flag you consider it holed out. I'm fortunate in that I have plenty of work during the week and office from home. My wife and I went out today and bought a new bed. Everyone one in the store, including us, wore masks and kept their distance. I've had a couple of meetings out at a construction site and everyone pretty much respects the 6 foot rule. The one trip I made to Lowe's was a clusterphuck. It was unreasonably packed and I left as soon as I saw how crowded it was and came back when early in there morning when less people were there. I plan on playing golf in the morning but I'm not concerned about distancing. There's been plenty of emails and discussion about not abusing the rules or the club will close.

I plan to keep the same limitations for at least a month and even afterwards, I will be cautious.

rocketsjudoka and T_Man like this.
  6. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Yep...no rakes, hole is upside down so the flag doesn't have to be removed. They were doing one cart per person even if you were married. They quit doing that last week and married couple could ride together. You just tend to forget about things. I had left a couple of clubs by the green and the guy (our neighbor) we were playing with handed them to me. We didn't think anything of it. They made us take our clubs home and we currently cannot store them.

They will open 25% of the tables inside and out on Monday when Florida lifts some restrictions. I am looking forward to just going and hanging out at the beach. The St. Petersburg beaches are so vast and big you cannot help but social distance.

B@ffled likes this.
  7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Staying in the bunker. Trips to the store are usually bright and early to avoid crowds. We have taken some drives to the park and out to Sealy just for a change of scenery, getting some takeout from Hinze's. I'll be interested to see the number of cases by the third week in May.

RayRay10, FrontRunner and jcf like this.
  8. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Hell no. Not because I'm concerned for my own health, but because I'm concerned for others I could spread it to, whether I'm symptomatic or not.

Reopening is the simple equation of money over public health and safety. It's livelihoods over life. If it's because you're bored, it's only cruel.

It will definitely lead to more, unnecessary death. It will almost certainly lead to another, longer shutdown.

Going out now is not an individual choice, it isn't brave, and it isn't a matter of personal freedom; it's making a choice for others, it's selfish, and it's unpatriotic.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Went to Home Depot today and pretty flummoxed by what I saw. Maybe half the people were not wearing any sort of mask, and drove by some restaurants with patios and was quite surprised how packed it looked. I think we are bound to see a spike in a week or too for sure. I don’t think most people really give a crap anymore and we are likely to pay the price soon.

Hope to be wrong.

B@ffled, deb4rockets and RayRay10 like this.
  10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

2-3 weeks most probably but I hope we are both totally wrong.

RayRay10 and dobro1229 like this.
  11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Wait, isn't "opening up" supposed to be under physical distancing conditions, or is Texas government basically giving no restrictions on what people and stores do?

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

There are restrictions but they don't work so well when a large portion of people ignore them.

I'm not changing my routine at all. Maybe by June.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Everybody seems to want to do home remodeling projects it's ridiculous. Shoot I'm tempted to as well but i just don't want to risk it. I did have to go today to grab a few things though. Went at like 9am and it was pretty busy and probably half the people didn't give a crap about being safe. Did curbside at Academy yesterday and lots of people there as well. I get it, people are getting tired of staying at home. But at least be respectful and mindful of others when out. Then again, why should they when our state and federal leaders are setting poor examples.

So testing the waters for us today was taking the boys to the park, and one that wasn't crowded. Next weekend we may go back and picnic for my son's birthday. End of May we still have camping reservations at Huntsville. Even if they open up more we'll probably just do a day trip at most. And if things are holding by then maybe try a restaurant. We'll see. Basically gradually do more depending on the situation.

RayRay10 and CometsWin like this.
  14. body slam

body slam Member

I went out tonight. Met up with friends at a hole in the wall in the middle of nowhere that we enjoy. Had a good time. Actually felt safer there than HEB.

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Was in solid lockdown mode initially, not venturing out for anything as we already have a good stock of essentials. As the smoke clear a little after 2-3 weeks, I have already gone beyond 'essential' with runs for gardening, sack of crawfish and other seafood, academy for gas tanks (ran out), take outs, local trade (gardening stuff) with known folks. I felt we were slowly adapting to the new norm well... then stupid happen. The impatient built on a solid return of misinfo and lies on the mass, pushback on basic public safety such as wearing mask and maintaining physical separation because it's "nothing again" felt like we have gone a few steps backward and that messaging will reverse the progress on society being responsible for their and other safety. If everyone was playing their part, I would be comfortable venturing out more. But now... same of same and I will be waiting on result from this new experiment (at least 3-4 weeks) in TX.

16. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Interesting Hone Depot and Lowes in North Dallas is still only allowing so many people in the store...

We too are basically staying put, walked the golf course yesterday... Will do some work around the house after virtual church service and may drive around a bit to get out of the house...

T_Man

B@ffled and RayRay10 like this.
  17. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

Home Depot & Lowe's are doing absolutely nothing to encourage safety. At least at the convenient stores or Walgreen's there is a sense of spacing and people avoiding isles while others are there. Not at the hardware stores. It's chaos and the management should step up and do something.

There is a false sense of security. You can feel the vibe everywhere. I'm all for opening back up but I think there should be some concerted messaging through the local news, national news, signs in front of business, etc. The message to remind about social distancing and the media should be saying opening up only works if the 'rules' are followed.

I still need a haircut. I'm starting to look like Carl from the AquaTeens.

dobro1229 likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is the problem. People were already violating social distancing standards. Once things start relaxing you'll see more people not following those things. Consider in NYC the single hardest hit place in the country you still saw a people gathering in groups to watch the Blue Angels.

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Thoughts and prayers please.

I'm getting a haircut tomorrow.

B@ffled likes this.
  20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Went out last night and went out for brunch today. All tables were 6+ feet apart and used hand sanitizer after touching anything. If Houston experiences increased infection rate I'll evaluate going out for the time being.

There is not going to be a vaccine. We'll all get it at some point, the sooner the better. Then you'll be free. lol

RayRay10 likes this.