1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coronavirus - Are you going out?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by IBTL, May 2, 2020.

?

Coronavirus are you going out?

Poll closed May 30, 2020.
  1. Yes I am going out more than essential

20.0%
  2. No I am staying in lockdown mode for most part, essentials only really

80.0%
  1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I see some are starting to venture out.

Myself and my family will stay in and will not be going to restaurants (we eat out a lot) going to keep it essential..
    We will not be meeting friends out, go to pool party etc..

I would say we are going to lay low until at least 2nd half of june / 4th of july and continue to monitor cases and the situation.

My wife may have to quit her position when they return if her job cannot do enough to keep her safe. Not a political deal just a personal choice and safety deal. Not something to take lightly but none of this is.

She can get employment as needed elsewhere and if we have to work with one income then so be it.

Sure we can live in a bubble and still catch it but for the interim have fun going out and do your thing.

Hopefully by time fall comes we wont have to look at homeschool and can normalize.
    Ive been on a chemical plant before and I think in life you do have to consider 'safety first'

Doesnt mean ive been a choir boy my whole life either but theres a time for everything and this too shall pass.

T_Man, B@ffled, Deckard and 2 others like this.
  2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm pretty much staying in except for groceries but I do run and bike at least three times a week. Tonight one of my friends wants to try a socially distanced BBQ where we all sit more than 6' apart in her backyard so I guess I wouldn't consider that essential.

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

No, going to take it week by week but I don't realistically see returning to any sort of 'normal' until sometime in June.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Still undecided.

Deckard likes this.
  5. Newlin

Newlin Member

I’m watching the numbers. Still a lot of people getting sick. I’m the main care giver to two elderly people, so I have to use extreme caution to not infect them. Hopefully by June we will have a big drop in new cases and it will be safer to venture out.

No reason to do anything risky right now.

T_Man, jcf, AroundTheWorld and 2 others like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am staying put for now. I hope we keep learning more about this virus, because putting deadlines of how long we intend to sit out seems silly. If we are going the extra mile, it is because we believe we are actually ****ed if we start going back to the norm. Wouldn't the reality be that we can't get lives back to normality until a vaccine exists for this or at least a medicine that reduces mortality rate or the after effects of this? Otherwise what does our arbitrary 2nd week of June or maybe last week of may, etc deadlines really do for us?

I'm specifically talking about those of us that are taking this the extra mile and not participating in soft openings.

I'm guessing for myself, I may say **** it at some point and just start going back to the semi norm, I wouldn't know what me saying "I'll wait till 1st of July" really means since the virus won't get any less contagious. I guess we are hoping heat and humidity slow it down?

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I went for something essential, a ****ing haircut and beard trim. I don't know what the rest of you are doing out here...

B@ffled likes this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

My wife and I are going out and spending money at local businesses to help them out.

Invisible Fan, B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If I were single, and younger, I would have one hell of a time remaining “socially distant.” ;-)

RayRay10 likes this.
  11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Was sex involved? Sex is definitionally essential.

RayRay10 likes this.
  12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I suppose some of my trips to grocery stores are not strictly necessary since the fridge is not 100% empty when I went. But I do try to get things done quickly, stay away from people, and wear a mask whenever I am out. Also went to the post office to mail some packages (spare document cameras and webcams) to donate to teachers/students doing distance learning. Again, following the same guidelines to minimize risk.

RayRay10 likes this.
  13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Eat at Landry's!

-- Tilman

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

My wife and I went to the Coronavirus Kitchen....er, I mean, Nick's in Galveston (which shares its kitchen with Gaido's). Staff was all masked up. I did the mask thing on the way to and from the restroom. We were pretty careful and whatnot, although I know it isn't the same as staying home and getting fat on Jif's Extra Crunchy Peanut Butter.

But Galveston was PACKED. P-a-c-k-e-d. The beaches were nuts to butts full. We walked along the Seawall a bit....it was nice, and I'm not one thinking someone passing me on one of those family bicycles is going to infect me. But really, that beach scene? You'd think there was no Covid anywhere on the Gulf Coast.

Until, say, a week or two from now.

RayRay10 likes this.
  15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm staying home for the most part .... rather not catch this crap.

If I do go out , it'll be for essentials .... or where people aren't - like my favorite fishing hole.

RayRay10 likes this.
  16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Played some tennis at the club. Sitting by the pool far away from everyone. quaffng a few brews and eating some comfort food

B@ffled and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

[​IMG]

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

We've done this a lot the past few weeks, either with golf or tennis. We can now drink and sit by the pool rather than drink in our car.

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I know this thread is probably for people living in TX but I've been getting out a tad more in CA, ordering more take-out. And if it wasn't for having an awesome dog and having several good walks a day with her, I know I would be completely nuts by now.

But most people in our neighborhood are wearing masks now and keeping the six feet or so apart. Businesses expect you to wear a mask and try to maintain distance. I still can't believe how few COVID deaths San Francisco has so far (about 30-something, I think). It really really doesn't make sense to me, even with all the caution. Los Angeles is having a much harder time, even though they're more spread out, warmer, and separated by the distance between their cars.

RayRay10 and jcf like this.
  20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member