1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MAGA Tiananmen

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 20, 2020.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

"Get back in the truck Karen."

jiggyfly, Roomba, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  2. hooroo

hooroo Member

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Straw is what's in your brain, dude. I can't believe that you are actually attempting to bend yourself into a pretzel to defend these fools. I don't know if you have children, but if you do and they don't read your BS here, I sincerely hope that they discover it some day. If they do, they will realize just how much of a fool you are.

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol damn deckard going year 3000 legacy shame deep stuff on 420

5. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What's would be funny if it wasn't actually sad is these guys from states like Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota waving the Stars and Bars. All of those states fought for the Union.

I remember talking to a friend of mine, Trump supporter of course, who was complaining about Virginia taking down Confederate statues. He said they were taking down his heritage. I had to point out to him that Minnesota is so proud of it's Civil War history that it still has a Confederate Battle Flag that the First Minnesota captured from Longstreet's Virginians at Gettysburg. A flag that the state of Virginia has been asking for back for decades which Minnesota won't give back.

For that matter my friend's family came from Germany long after the Civil War. If anything since I'm a native of a state that was part of the Confederacy I have more claim on the Star and Bars than a Minnesotan..

RayRay10 and Deckard like this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

You do know that the protest in Michigan was specifically called "Operation Gridlock".

Deckard, Blatz, Roomba and 5 others like this.
  7. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I say make these morons sign a DO NOT INTUBATE order and let them out and about as much as they want. At some point, you just need to let Darwinism do its work as God intended.

Nook likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sometimes... they don't get back in truck fast enough.

KingCheetah, RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  9. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Hmm... I remember this being a peaceful protest also..

T_Man

10. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

This is odd to me. The "thoroughfare" stuff smacks of arguments I heard after Charlottesville (though I'm definitely not accusing you of making them).

But anyway, it is not a strawman to point out that you stated you had a problem with a nurse (okay, who was basically committing a slow jaywalk and impeding traffic) but still a nurse who works to save lives by risking his own life while you have no problem with people who are driving to assemble to do the opposite. You have expressed no problem with people gathering, against local government recommendations and the pleas of healthcare workers, to literally put other people at risk.

I mean, enjoy the technicalities of traffic laws, but we don't need to over-complicate this. He's not putting lives at risk, and she is. You can say it doesn't matter that he spends his other hours saving lives, while she probably spends her other hours watching cable news or posting on Facebook, but we can agree to disagree on that.

In the end, yes, I acknowledge you would pillory Florence Nightingale if she opposed one of these gun-toting, anti-logic, anti-health protests by standing in the road. You are a consistent person.

Peace.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

As a show of support you should join them, lock arms in solidarity, and shout at the top of your lungs till the spittle bathes you in freedom.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

13. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My three and four times great grandfathers were Confederate soldiers.

I won't be flying that crap, and I think people that do are idiots. I get it's a symbol of rebellion and some miseducated think heritage. It's not. It's becoming the new wave Nazi Flag.

Deckard, RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Wut?

I am gonna have to do a deep dive on this Karen thing.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

More power to her and admire what her and other healthcare professionals are doing.

That said this is not a time for health care professionals to be risking their own safety to stand up to these protesters. They are already risking so much just doing their own jobs that I wish they wouldn't put themselves in further harm's way.

B-Bob and RayRay10 like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Trump should use his Infinite Powers open it up instead of being a sleazebag and hiding behind states.

What a cuck.

RayRay10 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

18. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

just give them some freedom to do what they think..

they think these protesters will make their jobs worse that's why they need to stand up to them

its easy to stay on a couch and criticize/stop these front liners from standing up to these protesters

I just wish these protesters would stop and putting everyone in harms way and making everyone's jobs harder

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I respect the counter protesters and have called them heroes. My point is if we are concerned about everyone's safety we should be doubly concerned about our health care professionals.

Many of us are criticizing the protesters because they are putting themselves into a situation where they could contract and / or spread the virus. What good does it do then for counter protesters to also expose themselves further by being there at the protest? The virus isn't going to recognize what you are there protesting.

With health care professionals we need these people to be safe as without them the rest of us are screwed more. I fully agree we need to speak out against the what these protesters are advocating but we also need to consider what is important.

#39 rocketsjudoka, Apr 22, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    RayRay10 likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

yeah protesters should be doubly concerned and respect and appreciate health care professionals

we should ask for more police/security to be posted around hospitals

and the any time a health worker is harmed the assailants should be arrested and charged

RayRay10 likes this.