1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump's coronavirus response

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Mar 13, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't see how he could possibly win another election. I can't imagine the majority of Americans would vote for a pathological liar, who is all about business and will do anything to make himself a buck and toot his horn. I can't see the majority of Americans supporting such a lying bully of a man as President again.

Think of all the millions wasted with secret service protecting his precious sons around the world wheeling and dealing in the family hotel businesses, etc.. That doesn't even count the millions spent for Trump and his family to wine and dine in Florida practically every weekend in the winter. Heck, only this pandemic has stopped their jet setting ways. I thought Obama was bad, but the Trump's are 10 times worse with the travel.

Sure, die hard Republicans would vote for him, regardless, but I would like to hope a few have learned that he certainly can't be trusted. He stirs hate and mockery. I just hope people all do their duty and get out and vote. Big money, corporations, and the rich are not the majority on this country. People just need to stop the madness.

RayRay10 likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Why? Why does he do this? Free campaign air time? It boggles and depresses the mind. Maybe that’s the point. He wants to drive as many sane Americans to commit suicide as possible before November? LOL. That must be it.

It’s his version of a final solution to all those mean people who relay facts and report his deeds and words.

3. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

It was part of his strategy four years ago. Saturate TV with his image and words; you spend so much time talking about how much you love (ugh) or despise him that the Democratic candidate has little time to make his or her pitch.

4. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I actually quoted him and posted the video. The word he used was “politicization”. Point to where he described that as “democrats criticism” of his “response”. And then explain how I am lying and you are not.

And keep going — what exactly would it mean that the Democrats criticism of his response was a “hoax”? Does it mean they were lying about his response, or they were inflating the seriousness of the threat, both, something else? What exactly was the hoax?

My sister’s mother-in-law, a lovely lady and a Trump supporter, who I had dinner with in early March was convinced that the coronavirus was a concocted Democrat fiction to undermine Trump in an election year. I wonder how many people in his audience came away thinking the same thing about this so called “new hoax”.

5. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

He called it a hoax as many of his followers did and still do. To suggest anything else is ridiculous.

6. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you posted the 80 minute video. Did you think people would watch the 80 minutes listening for the quote? you also purposely cut the quote short because the full quote showed your sleazy lie.

well he starts by describing the democrat's criticism to his actions (you say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good. Not good.’
    ) . Then he calls this a hoax. Its incredibly obvious if you read the quote which is why you continually refuse to post it so i'll keep doing it to embarrass you.

"Now the Democrats are politicizing the coronavirus, you know that right? Coronavirus. They are politicizing it. We did one of the great jobs — you say, ‘How’s President Trump doing?’ They go, ‘Oh, not good. Not good.’ They have no clue. They don’t have any clue. They can’t even count the votes in Iowa. No, they can’t. They can’t count their votes. One of my people came up to me and said, ‘Mr. President, they tried to beat you on Russia, Russia, Russia.’ That didn’t work out too well. They couldn’t do it. They tried the impeachment hoax. That was on a perfect conversation. They tried anything. They tried it over and over. They’ve been doing it since you got in. It’s all turning. They lost. It is all turning. Think of it. Think of it. And this is their new hoax. "

7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. NewRoxFan

9. NewRoxFan

10. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When he says "and this is their new hoax" what on earth could it refer to? What is exactly the hoax?

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

12. NewRoxFan

13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@tallanvor has been doing this for years. It’s impossible to talk to him because he’s either willfully trolling or can’t use/interpret logical reasoning

14. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Are you stupid/dense or just fcking with us?

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it is very possible that Trump wins. I've said this before but he could lose every single vote in CA, NY and IL and for good measure a million more votes in TX and still win the election. I'm pretty sure he will lose the popular vote and probably by more than he did last time. We already know the strategy. He will take working with Republican state legislators they will make voting difficult in WI, MI, NC, and FL. Trump will claim massive voter fraud including all mail in ballots. If we are still dealing with COVID 19 shut downs it will make it easier to dampen turnout. If we aren't he will be claiming that he was solely responsible for stopping the virus. If it's close and I believe it will be his campaign and Republican legislatures will be tying up the results with lawsuits for months.

16. RESINator

RESINator Member

The wisconsin supreme court just flipped a seat from republican to democrat despite widespread voting suppression last week. Remember the GOP refused to delay the election. BUT they still ended up losing. This could be a sign of whats to come in november

17. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope so but this is why we can't take any chances with this election.

deb4rockets, RayRay10 and Nook like this.
  18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I would consider biden but he wants to put energy workers out of work. My daughter is 2.

AstrosRockets1818 likes this.
  19. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

T_Man

RayRay10 likes this.