1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you changed your mind concerning COVID-19?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by backwardhead, Mar 16, 2020.

1. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

I'm wondering if there is anyone out there who have had a change of mind/heart concerning COVID-19?

Did you start out thinking, "I better be prepared for this" and later changed your mind to, "everyone's going to get it anyway, no point in trying to self-distance"?

Or did you start out, "I'm not gonna get sick! Party time!" and change to, "uh oh! better be careful and hoard all the Hamburger Helper so I can stay in for the next 2 weeks"?

If you did change your mind, what was it that did it for you? Was it a FB post or an article? Did a celebrity tell you to wash your hands and it hit you the **** was real? Or was it seeing everyone at the mall having a good time and you figured why should you save the world when everyone else is getting theirs?

Just curious. Cause I'm sure some of you have changed your mind. What did it? So many questions.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I sure did. I thought I wasn't going to change anything. I guess it's the hubris of someone who sometimes feels a bit cocky and invincible. Only over time did I realize fully what is happening.

Sajan, superfob, CCity Zero and 7 others like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Italy changed everything for me.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

one thing that's changed is that this is just further confirmation how many people out there don't even have decent hygiene. people all of a sudden want to wash their hands now :rolleyes:

Houstunna, Sajan, Space Ghost and 3 others like this.
  5. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yes I thought it was gonna be bad , now I think it’s gonna be really bad

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I took it seriously after watching what was going on in China -- better to be prepared than act like I know better than what the W.H.O., CDC, etc. know. But I never knew it would get to this level -- and that level seems to be getting worse in terms of potential.

7. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

I stocked up early March, like the 2nd or 3rd. Canned foods, non-perishable items, frozen foods. People called me crazy, but I'm glad I did.

8. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

School closures in Houston changed everything for me. Before, I thought this wasn't any worse than the flu

I've gotten more paranoid by the day, deeply want to go into hoarding mode, but keep laughing at the memes and coming back to reality.

I think the memes have prevented me from going nuts

backwardhead and Yung-T like this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You lost me here. If you're getting what you think is any sort of salient info from FB, I have a bridge in Death Valley to sell you.

Nook likes this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I got serious when I read on here about the shrunken nuts.

11. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Can I also make an offer on that bridge or is it exclusively for him only? Also, interested in a good, used, well maintained helicopter to float above the virus if you know of any available.

Xerobull likes this.
  12. noize

noize Contributing Member

Italy...2000 death and counting. Need I say more?

Shame on those people who doesn't take this as seriously as they should. Its a sad thing when all other country are basically telling us "Please, put your country on lockdown as it will get worse!". All because the Trump admin. didn't act on this issue soon enough.

13. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i'll let you know when i finish reading Stephen King's 'The Stand' in my Cloverfield bunker ...

14. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Fortunately I listened to opticians with PHD's and I am currently on spring break in Padre partying my ass off with college kids. :D

15. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Alpha AF

16. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Anybody seen fatty fat fat lately? Wellness check may be in order.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

When @malakas kept telling all of us that we were going to die, it became very very real. Lol. Sorry @malakas, just joking.

Seriously though the threads here in clutchfans and all the data that has been shared made me very aware of this back in late January. I didn't think it would get to this point, but I guess knowing a lot of things up front made me not panic now. Anyways, really do appreciate all the information that was posted here. Thankfully because of it, I been able to share with others and tried to tell everybody not to panic, just be smart and be courteous to the world around you.

I guess if I had to pick a moment that threw me off, it was when the NBA season was suspended. I felt awkward the next day, I couldn't even focus at work.

Colt45, superfob, CCity Zero and 3 others like this.
  18. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

Over a month ago I was seriously looking at rain water Collection cisterns. I even visited http://www.metalraintanks.com/contact.html under a bridge near downtown Houston last month. I was doing this in case things got really bad. I guess I sound like a prepper, but I’m really not. I’ve thought this was gonna be bad all along. Reports from China (which I only partly believe), and reports from South Korea (which I do believe) have made me feel a bit better, but our response in the west has me wondering about those rain barrels again.

Mazulis, malakas and FrontRunner like this.
  19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You went under a bridge downtown seeking water last month? You probably have dysentery.

20. Handles

Handles Member

I always thought it was going to be bad from a health perspective, but I didn't really consider the stock market falling out to this extent. It makes sense given lack of travel and spending, but dang... I think from a financial standpoint, it's a little overblown. Luckily I am young so I've just been buying market shares on the daily.

#20 Handles, Mar 16, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2020