1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden on Giannis: “I wish I could just run and just dunk. That takes no skill at all.”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Macdaddy91, Feb 28, 2020.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Getting to the bottom of it? Where does getting to the bottom of it show he is overrated? The Bucks record? His scoring efficiency? His defense?

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I agree, we’d all be better off if we cared less about whether other people like our players. What you are missing, of course, is that resentment leads directly to increased misinformation as well. And if that’s something you don’t care about either, I’d be very surprised since you spend more time than anyone here correcting misinformation (and, generally, do a very good job of it).

3. MystikArkitect

Fair enough. Footwork is something that is very important. We all know that having watched Dream.

To say that Harden and Giannis are on the same plane in terms of skill is like saying they're on the same plane in terms of height.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think one of the these will win it all..... it will tell us a tremendous amount more.

Kawhi/PG - AD/Lebron - Freak/Middleton/Budenholzer - Harden/Westbrook

Boston, Denver and Toronto will put up a good fight.

DeBeards and Easy like this.
  5. durvasa

It is interesting/funny that you choose to include Budenholzer as one of the stars of the Bucks.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I never implied that they are on the same skill level.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Budenholzer stands for all role players plus coaching in short, which I think they have the luxury version of on their bench.

DeBeards and hakeem94 like this.
  8. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

It seems to me that harden has marginalized the impact of Capeala to the last few years when in reality harden is not better than capeala.

They both equally suck and both are losers.

Harden's mistakes are equally as bad as the inexperience of Capeala since the team failed as a unit.

Damian Lillard or Bradley Beal could have easily replaced harden on all star selection in my opinion.

JayGoogle likes this.
  9. Caprah

Caprah Member

Keep making a fool out of yourself

D-rock, jowman, JayGoogle and 3 others like this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

again, he is racking up gawdy stats playing in the leastern conference. he is able to sit out 4th quarters and take it easy every other game, and then go hard the fewer instances a tough opponent shows up on the schedule. he's also got a tremendous supporting cast that's won 5 out of the 6 games he's missed. when the playoffs roll around is he going to disappear and lose 4 straight games again? people want to excuse him for that because of his youth. ok fine, give him a few more chances in the years going forward before condemning him. but then don't say 'he's the very best today and that's a fact'.

and your comment about rocket fans being bitterly jealous is laughable. every rocket fan knows that if harden was permitted to barrel thru, elbow, and dislodge defenders seemingly every possession he'd average 45/game. on the contrary, zebras jump up animated AF every opportunity they get to call phantom offensive fouls on harden, even when defenders obviously flop. so in a rigged league covered by a bought & paid for media, for you to say giannis is undoubtedly the best player completely obliterates any semblance of the impartiality you've sought to project here over the years.

Richie_Rich, Zboy, Reeko and 7 others like this.
  11. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Report him

D-rock likes this.
  12. durvasa

It’s laughable that you’d deny it. It happened with Westbrook (who Rockets fans now love, when he’s no longer competing against Harden for MVP glory). It happened with Curry. And now it’s happening with Giannis.

I said he’s “probably” the best player, and the statistical evidence for that view this season is quite strong.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

you said "fact is he's probably the best player", and that is why you have no credibility in this thread. regarding westbrook's mvp and one of curry's, the voting criteria was conveniently changed each year to be able to choose each of them over harden. and despite westbrook being a great player, obviously he is not on harden's level, which was the point of outrage.

14. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The rebounding of capeala and the playmaking of capeala sustained the rockets in the past whenever Harden went cold. Not sure, there will be enough plays made in any first round playoff matchup for 2020.

Can't call it, but the team seems to be running out of available plays with perspective matchups in the playoffs. Sure, the ball bounced our way a little bit against Celtics but seven game series are way more difficult.

will covington outperform Gobert from utah?
    Will covington slow down lebron or kawhi? Jokic?

It was a tall order to make trades this late with the expectations of a championship.

It seems the offense is more of a crap shoot than a for sure thing!
    The only good fourth quarter play in that celtics game was alley oop to House, and that alley oop only came after House made the steal.
    The westbrook putback was nice in fourth quarter of celtics!

15. durvasa

Yep, I think he probably is. And it is a fact that most of the all-in-one impact stats puts Giannis at the top, and the most respected NBA writers think he’s the top player, and the GM survey last summer had most GMs naming him as the player they’d want to build their team around and the most likely to be MVP this year.

But maybe your understanding of “probably the best player” differs from mine.

16. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t care what basketball writers say or what their opinions are. Their motivations and biases are obvious.

Of course GM’s would rather build around Giannis, he is nearly 5 years younger.

Harden and Giannis are clearly the best two players in the world and I could make compelling arguments for both.

Also defensive advanced statistics for individuals do not in general mean much because they are extremely team dependent. We saw that with Steph Curry.

Richie_Rich, jcf, slothy420 and 4 others like this.
  17. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

SPOT ON.. its so simple yet nobody seems to understand this and they always say yes but hes got a great record vs western teams showing they dont really understand

DeBeards and D-rock like this.
  18. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

lol at impact stats... giannis is playing knicks, cavaliers, hornets, bulls, hawks, twice a week.. . they are not playing in the same league...half of the Leastern Conference are teams tanking hard

DeBeards, jcf, D-rock and 1 other person like this.
  19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

Good one! You are killing it man, keep it up!

20. sefril

sefril Member

It’s just two great players doing the trash talk. No need to get so serious and over analyze.

Easy and FrontRunner like this.