1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cavs open to trading Kevin Love

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DM'sVP, Dec 6, 2019.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Don’t sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers if you don’t want to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Jontro, Nook, vince and 1 other person like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

I don't. he made the choice to stay in cleveland, knowing damn well they wouldn't be very good. that all on him if he wants to cry about it now

Jontro likes this.
  3. TimDuncanDonaut

:D he got to get that bag when he had the chance. He's frustrated so I guess losing still affect him (not coasting).

For both involved, I think Cleveland should move him if they get a chance, just not to HOU.

Jontro likes this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not really on the - he signed with them so he needs to shut up and play - train. He didn't demand a trade.

He didn't throw a tantrum specifically because he wants out. He's throwing a tantrum because he cant stand the way his teammates have been playing. It's okay to blow up on your teammates when they're not focused on the right things.

clos4life, Sajan, BeBreezy and 3 others like this.
  5. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

It's embarrassing that Sexton was drafted as high as he was.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Cavaliers Haven't Gained Traction On Kevin Love Trade

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Kevin Love would like to part ways with a trade

"(Love) absolutely, totally wants to get out of there," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. "It has driven him various levels of crazy to be there this season, but there's not that much traction for a trade as far I can tell... That is a bit of a mess to say the least."

Windhorst and Kevin Arnovitz then discussed the trade value of Love, which is impacted by the Cavaliers owing him $91 million over the next three seasons.

"I think there's teams that would do it," said Windhorst. "One of the things that's been remarkable to me as I've talked to some people around the league about Kevin in the last 48-72 hours is there's a lot of people who really, really value him and really like him, but the problem is because of the contract, it's a difficult to come up with a trade for. Because the Cavs are viewing trading an All-Star level player. The other teams are saying 'Yeah, he's a good player but we're taking on this money.' They think they're bailing the Cavs out."

Kevin Love Approached Cavaliers On 2018 Contract Extension

Kevin Love signed a four-year, $120 million contract extension with the Cleveland Cavaliers during the 2018 offseason a few weeks after LeBron James left the franchise for the Los Angeles Lakers.

"As far as I know, Kevin approached the Cavs about doing that extension," said Brian Windhorst on his podcast. "He was a year away from free agency where he would have been part of a strong free agent class, but certainly would have probably been able to land a max or near it.

"But as far as I know, he approached the Cavs after LeBron left and said 'Hey, would you be willing to extend my contract?'

"His side of the story would be when the Cavs did that deal, he thought they were going to try to make the playoffs. They had retained Ty Lue as head coach. They had re-signed his friend Channing Frye. Then everything went sideways very quickly."

Windhorst details how Lue, J.R. Smith and Frye have all subsequently left the Cavaliers.

"Kevin is sort of the last guy left. In fairness, he had to know when he signed that contract it was probably going to be more difficult than it has been."

#46 J.R., Jan 6, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  7. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

Color me shocked that their isn't a robust market for a guy that is....... 31 years old..... owed over 100 million dollars over the next 3+ years....... has missed nearly 100 games the last three years...... is down to 16 points a game........ doesn't really seem highly motivated and only defended when that is what kept him on the court with LeBron James.

I would have loved to have seen a duo of Westbrook and Love on the same team........ no idea if they would win 45 games or 65 games

8. BeBreezy

BeBreezy Member

It really does amaze me that I haven't seen the Tyronn Lue firing brought up much (if at all) in regards to discussion about Kevin Love's current situation. Like cool, he signed the massive contract with the Cavs, but I think he also signed it when he thought they were backing the coach who'd been there for his entire tenure to that point.

9. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

If he was that worried about it he could have had a clause put in his contract about the coach.
    Highly unlikely that would happen, because NBA teams churn coaches fairly frequently. Coaches tend to leave fairly frequently after multiple finals appearances end because a hall of famer leaves the team.

If the Warriors traded Curry and Thompson for draft picks, and signed Green to a massive extension, Kerr may well leave after a season. Would Green be within his rights to whine about losing?

Hard facts for Kevin Love: if a player of your calibre signs an enormous contract, most likely you're playing on a losing team.

10. ilias

ilias Member

A Love for Conley trade makes sense for both teams. Cavs save $60m by sending him to Utah, the Jazz add shooting and improve on their weakest spot.

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

I guess you're not familiar with Bogdanovic or Ingles

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

2016 Ryan Anderson...Poor Man's 2014 Kevin Love

2020 Kevin Love...Rich man's 2018 Ryan Anderson

vince likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

I wouldn't be shocked if Love ends up in a team like Brooklyn at this point, but i think they would've to wait this summer to get the trade done since they can't trade LeVert and Prince now.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

15. DavidJuan

DavidJuan Member

I think Love has always been overrated, and now he's past his prime.

16. DooghMaster9

DooghMaster9 Member

there was a time he was pretty damn solid but he got into modeling and being a cool guy a few years back and his game was never the same.

17. vince

vince Member

There was a time Kevin Love put up monster numbers. But then he accepted being a supporting cast member to play alongside of lebron james, and somehow Kevin Love never was able to regain his alpha mojo player style again....

He went from being an Allstar on a rebuild team to a support guy on a title team; to now being practical irrelevant on a crappy team. And the dude is still young; but he’s still on a monster contract, but he’s a far cry from the Dominant player he once was.

ElPigto likes this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

he should come to htine for vet min. we need a token

20. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

The Nets really are becoming the basketball version of “The Expendables”.