1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Hawks 1/8/2020

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 6, 2020.

1. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

If Westbrook averages 40 points on 50shots we lose in the 1st round if we even make the playoffs.

2. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Obviously that was an exaggeration for the haters

3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

what a dumb post. a carcess averaged 27 ppg in december. sounds like them not guarding them is working pretty well for us, and not so much for those defending us. 10-2 record when westbrook plays. sounds good to me

Deep Waters, bro2044, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

whats our record when westbrook doesnt play ?

5. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think we gave up too much draft capital in the trade, but the fact is that the team has a better net rating this year than it did last year.

6. TimDuncanDonaut

No thread is safe.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

2-1 when harden plays. 0-1 when both are out

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

And it has zero to do with Westbrook.

9. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Exaggeration doesn’t make for a great argument.

No one is going to be upset if we make it to the finals and in game 7 we win despite Westbrook being terribly inefficient.

“The haters” recognize we are never going to get to that point if Westbrook is terribly inefficient along the way.

Go Rockets.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Idk if we can definitively say that. Our starting lineup has one of the best net ratings in the league.

bro2044 and JayGoogle like this.
  11. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Chris Paul ain't better than Westbrook lol

bilaal14, Killatron 2000 and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Haters find a way to b**** about being #2/ #3 seed in West and about being positioned to challenge for # 1 seed
    They b**** about having 2 mvps on the roster that in nov and dec were 2nd highest scoring duo in the league in last 50 years with their December #s all while harden is being double teamed and passing to his teammates. It is NOT because harden is carrying Westbrook.

joshuaao, Killatron 2000 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. psaman17

psaman17 Member

There is a reason they don't defend him. Never in all my life of watching basketball have i ever seen opposing teams so blatantly ignore a player on the perimemter(Westbrook in this case) to double the ball handler(Harden). Even Rondo and Ricky Rubio never saw this kind of disrespect.

Opposing coaches are straight up acting like Westbrook is a clown. They don't care about his presence. They act like he's not on the court. Until that changes. Until Westbrook can raise his efficiency up to an acceptable level, i'm not going to shut up about him.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Not only is he being guarded- he was DOUBLE teamed AT THE THREE POINT line and he assisted on a 3 point shooter all alone due to said double team. He also blows by defenders which makes it look like he's not being guarded. Do me and clutchfans a favor and shut up with your fake news Westbrook-hate

bilaal14 and hakeem94 like this.
  15. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

More willful denial of reality if you believe this one game is representative of an entire season.

They do keep track of season long stats man.

To deny that teams are doubling Harden specifically with Westbrook’s man when he is in the game is delusional. This does not mean teams ONLY double when Westbrook is in the game or that 100% of the time the doubling defender is Westbrook’s man, but the majority of the doubling is absolutely Westbrook’s man leaving him all alone.

BUT..... This belongs in a different thread. So I will stop here.

16. psaman17

psaman17 Member

I'm talking about when he's off the ball which is essentially every time when he's sharing the court with Harden. Obviously he's being defended as the ball handler. *eye roll*

jordnnnn likes this.
  17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I just assumed he was never off ball bc he takes 25 shots a game :rolleyes:

Everyone is wide open when harden has the ball:rolleyes:

I don't have time to link examples of the defender staying home on Westbrook... at 3 point line no less ---like 8:47 1Q, vs 6rs with harden and Capela on ball, working the paint. :rolleyes:

18. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

What a waste of time. Let the record say that dedicated haters started to show up when we are at 24-11. %684 winning percentage. 7-3 the last 10. 14-7 vs Western Conference.

Russ is causing issues, and it's clear the team is working on them. But wanting attention for pointing out flaws on his game like it's reddit, well, at least, not original.

Very convenient to point out teams are doubling Harden when Westbrook is on the floor, but forgetting to mention the doubled guy is averaging 38 points, the most points since Wilt. Of course Russ's 3pt shooting it's a factor, but painting it as the main factor could work on a forum where 90% of the fans don't look at our games, not on clutchfans.

Now, for the game.
    Expecting to see 1 or 2 different actions with 5 days between games.
    I really like to see Huerter in ATL play. Hopefully we don't get Drummond.
    Let Russell decide when he wants to play, I would love to see him compete at OKC, but I can see why he would not. Either way, we are going to see more Gordon and hopefully, more Clemmons.

Anyway, glad to have back Rockets basketball after so many days without it.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Just want to remind everyone it is absolutely no surprise the team is this good.

All analytics had us winning the title with Chris Paul before the season and still winning the west with Westbrook.

They’ve been average at best this year as far as performance compared to expectations.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Just want to remind everyone that this poster is a hater worthy of your block list.