1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets starting five best in league so far

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Nov 7, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

2. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

No - it means that all those guys who are starters with -20/-30 are even worse than -20/-30 when the optimal lineup isn’t playing. When the optimal lineup is playing they are all plus.

This is a concept a child can follow. When the specific five players in their starting lineup are on the floor together they are better than any other five player group in the league except the Rockets starting five.

When they start subbing in players (like Desmond) they fall apart and get killed. It’s math not magic.

D-rock, Hakeemtheking and bobloblaw like this.
  3. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

That post was sarcasm, you actual moron. You people are so weird, responding to posts that were never even for you.

4. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

According to FiveThirtyEights Raptor ratings, Capela is the 4th best defensive player in the league and House is the 24th.

Raptor measures adjusted plus minus in a way the accounts for how well the defense plays when they are on the court versus how well it plays when they are off the court. So it’s not just counting stats - it takes into account how much better your teammates perform when you are on versus off.

House seems to be having a major impact, but I was also surprised how impactful Clint has been.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

I wonder how much of that is because of the outsized role a Center has on D and our lack of depth

6. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

So you’re calling people morons when YOU still can’t understand net rating, used +\- (lol). Now trying to excuse you ignorance by saying it was sarcasm?
    Common son..

7. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

You seem quite obsessed with me. The dude called me a moron first, but of course conveniently decided to edit it out. Mind your own business weirdo.

8. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

are we still good when we play D'antoni's favorite small ball lineup?

9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Do you realize this is a message forum? Regardless of who you are responding too, others are allowed to chime in, I don't understand how that makes anybody a weirdo.

10. Blurr#7

“Mind yo bidness” On a public forum lol. Ironically I though everyone was pretty chill to you until you got all pissy because you can’t understand NR.
    But you right, we gave you your 15 minutes. You can go back to eating crayons and sniffing glue.

D-rock likes this.
  11. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

I ignored your 10 other previous responses a long time ago, but of course your obsession came right back to life soon as I posted in this thread again lol, actual weirdo.

12. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Obviously they're "allowed to" you ****ing genius. It's still some weird beta male type **** to jump into other peoples' arguments out of nowhere, especially when you're just cherry-picking certain parts of a post and taking them out of context. It only happened to me about 10+ times in this thread, makes for some real constructive discussion, but thanks for the riveting analysis bud.

13. Blurr#7

Aw where did the man hurt you? Lol!! It happened 10 times because everyone saw how idiotic your take was. Constructive discussion requires two intelligent participants. I’m afraid you don’t qualify.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  14. CircaSurvive

CircaSurvive Member

Says the guy who's initial response to me was this:
    I stopped taking you seriously a long time ago. But by all means feel free to keep commenting on my every word and insulting my intelligence, whatever makes you feel better about yourself, weirdo.

#154 CircaSurvive, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  15. vcchlw

vcchlw Contributing Member

We are also the best in giving up points