1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Angels

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 26, 2019.

1. YOLO

YOLO Member

many? definitely not, more like 1

2. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Astros are going to win tonight and the Dodgers are going to lose clinching both the AL and World Series home field.

Last night was brutal. Luckily or rather unluckily today was going to be a day off work so I stayed up to watch the Astros go 1 for a million with RISP. Springer had the worst at bat grounding into a DP with the bases loaded...stupid Hinch for inserting one of our all stars into the game. I don't have an issue with the players resting after getting in late. They had plenty of base runners, Straw was on base all night for the top of the order but wasn't driven in.

3. T for 3

T for 3 Member

hinch loss.

Tomstro likes this.
  4. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

you can pinch hit with an MVP to secure AL home field, and you don't do it?

Tomstro and arabrocket like this.
  5. AB423

AB423 Member

Screw rest, home field throughout is more important.

Tomstro and arabrocket like this.
  6. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

I didnt have much of an issue with the line up/sitting guys but now they HAVE to take care of business. No way around it or this will be a masive choke on the HFA. You willingly just put more pressure on yourself but Hinch believes in his guys and I'll roll with our WS manager every day.

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

they were going to have to take care of business regardless. its not like they didn't that the numerous chances to win last night. the guys that played didn't deliver. that's on them. no reason to really doubt this team at this point. I'm not worried about this weekend besides correa and his issue and of course miley's september 16.0 ERA. smh

8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

While there is nothing great about a loss, it was an opportunity to get one last long look at some of the guys towards the end of your bench. A good time to do it before finalizing the playoff roster.

marks0223 likes this.
  9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Let me say it another way....if I'm the manager I would've prefreed to take the pressure off the last 3 and get that one last night but again and as you stated, no reason to think they wont get it done either way.

10. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

The ironic thing is that if Hinch played the best possible lineup in all four games this weekend and we created a poll as to the Astros record in those four games, I would wager that 3-1 with last night being the loss (due to Miley pitching) would have had the most votes.

Nook and YOLO like this.
  11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

100% agree, the young guys had a little pressure on their side too so now we know who will step up and who won't.

12. SemisolidSnake

Good audition for the bullpen as well, and I'd say pretty much all of them made a case for themselves, which was a welcome sign.

13. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

We all know who will step up now based on 1 game?

14. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Hinch did something stupid. It happens. No need to defend him though. We all know what he’s done here in houston. Not playing the regulars cost us a win last night and it was a stupid move.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

so if he played the regulars and decided to go against his planned rest day and they got hurt. stupid hinch!

16. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Stupid retort. He’s not infallible.

CheezeyBoy22 likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

who said he was but all this dramatic takes on last night is what it is. well specifically yours. i mean everyone should understand the big picture here and what's ahead. last night wasn't that important at all relative to the ultimate end goal

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I still don't understand the lineup last night. When home field is at risk, it just didn't make sense.

19. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

That's a good way to look at it.

Let's hope the dodgers and yankees both lose tonight....and we win...and this is all a moot point when we wake up in the morning.

YOLO and solid like this.
  20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Last nights lineup scored 3 runs, too bad Hinch didn't play the lineup that in the previous 2 nights scored.......3 runs.