1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ryno to Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Sep 25, 2019.

1. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Naw clark will play. I been low.on him not cause I dont like him but he had to develop. This was the year I was gonna expect things

2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

You're just plain wrong on this. All he did was fake and delay and it screwed up his shot and confidence. EVERYONE saw this. When you get the outlet passes he does you have to be PJ Tucker and fire and forget. As to driving to the basket I always prefer this to 3pt chucking. I wasn't referring to this. This was mostly about making Brodie more deadly like Harden with kick outs on the wings. Ryno is not a slasher that is going to the rim.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

That's what I'm saying, Harden didnt want Ariza gone they played together for years.

Melo went to Harden and Cp3 and he asked Harden if he knew Melo was gonna be out. Harden said he had no idea. As this vid said, he was fired and Cp3 and Harden didnt know.

If Harden was adamant about keeping Melo I doubt Morey lets him go regardless what the record is.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

Clark can't shoot thats why he hasnt been getting PT. Unless he finds a shot I doubt he gets much PT.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Lol Melo knew his role he did everything the staff wanted him to do he stopped mid ranges and took 3s and layups. He also came from the bench multiple times. It wasnt working cuz MDA was moping and his staff quit and they all had horrible camp and were out of shape. The time he was let go was when he was trying to talk to Morey to ask what he can do more to help the team. He already knew his role lol. Tillman has enough money to offer 20M to Nene to create an asset so why he can't pay Ariza's 15M (likely 9M after negotiations just like with EG) is beyond me.

Maybe Harden is ok with this or maybe he just didnt express his opinion because like I said he seems to make demands only when he wants a dude gone.

#345 roslolian, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

According to Ariza Morey told him there was no way the team was gonna keep him even before they started salary negotiations. I can't find the vid but Stephen A Smith said Ariza was prepared to give the team a home town discount before Morey told him he was gone.

There was no way the team was gonna keep him ---> he was let go. Ariza just wanted an increase on his additional salary not be overpaid as much as possible he doesnt strike me as somebody who prioritizes money over winning.

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

He is career 5 rpg. How d hell is that good for a PF? Harden has almost as much ave rebs and he is a pg/sg. Anderson is a scrub rebounder just like he is a scrub defender his only value is in his shooting.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I.D.I.O.T.

9. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I used to be excited about his defense, but he looked totally disinterested in summer league. Don't think he'll be a contributor.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

no harden knew. I've already heard this numerous times. the story didn't add up. melo isn't telling the entire truth. I brought this up before. he acknowledges going to harden and cp3 first, then goes back and says they didn't know. he atleast doesn't want to throw guys directly under the bus, but he's obviously lying bc he's saying two things that contradict each other. he's not that smart obviously so no surprise his foot got caught in the mouth. harden knew himself it wasn't working, and he wasn't trying to save him regardless.

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

12. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Hence what I said. By now his shoot should be passable. Watch. Go back in look st my post...I was the first one when clutch fans was high on clark to tell them slow down...to me he unplayable as of now. Cause I know the game he has to develop for his body type n speed that's awhile. His ceiling is Shane battier to me. He has the brain. He now needs the shot n foot speed. Things u can grow into.

13. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

The man can't seriously tell by his selfish play via no effort on defense and no willingness to create for others how much that does not fit today's NBA game?

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

People forget that Anderson actually did Rockets a favor by amending his contract so that we can trade him away last year.

I think even its a partially guaranteed contract offered by Morey, this is still a very fair and good deal to Tilman.

kevtse, AroundTheWorld and hakeem94 like this.
  15. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

By looking at the current roster :

100% safe
    Harden
    Russ
    Gordon
    Capela
    Green
    House
    Tyson
    Rivers
    Tucker

80% will be in
    Hartenstein
    Sefolosha
    Mclemore

Not very sure
    Clark
    Nene
    Anderson

That's 15 above.

And I expect Morey to keep an empty spot somehow to improve it, depends on how he manage the Nene contract.

Clemons most likely 2 way contracts, rest are scrubs anyway.

I think we are set, and getting Anderson basically means bye bye to the Manimal.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  16. YOLO

YOLO Member

no he won't be keeping an empty spot. Morey already said they'll be using all 15 spots

Nene's guaranteed contract isn't getting cut, so he's making the team. he just won't be playing much as the "chronic injury" tag is already upon us, which shouldn't be a surprise given his contract details

Manimal currently has no team fyi.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. JW86

JW86 Member

It baffles me how people come up with their own lists when it’s so clearly wrong. Not just who makes the team, but rotation of players to position these guys play or will play.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yeah I get that, this year is quite different, Morey does not have picks or big contracts to work around any more (hence the original Nene contract was planned but rejected).

I think we are very thin on the 4th spot, it will actually depends on how Anderson will perform and how the buy out market out there, if he really sucks, I guess the Rockets can still go back to the manimal later.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

pretty safe so say the manimal ship sailed awhile ago, especially when he didn't even get a look at the vegas camp put on by the players

20. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member