1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Even considering all of this...Rudy went on TV and confirmed that he told Ukraine to look into Biden. We have the video and audio of this moment.

I mean this is exactly what the Mueller investigation was about, if Trump's team reached out to Russia for help for his election...Rudy already admitted that they were/are doing this with Ukraine.

2. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Are you actually reading my posts? I have no idea how you can read it and come up with this quick 'lol' response that doesn't even address what I took the time to type. That includes my posts before this one. I actually hope you're trolling rather than sincere with this, because if you actually did read my posts and this was your sincere response, you come across as very young (nothing wrong with that) or very unintelligent.
    The Fox analyst I posted above has already very explicitly detailed that merely seeking aid from a foreign nation alone is a crime. Period. Even if there is no quid pro quo (or "no explicit deal"). However, if you read the Transcript "I would like you to do us a favor though" that can be read that the arms sales of Javelins are tied to the favor of investigating rumors of Hillary's server. And this is in the transcript the WH actually decided to release.
    There most certainly is a law against leveraging a foreign power against a political rival. Trump has plenty of other legal means of investigating Biden's alleged corruption, but he chose to do this as well. It's a crime. Period.

There's no reason for me to have to type all of this if you would just read what I said the first two times. The Fox News video would have taken a whole four minutes of your life.

3. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Tell me what proof?

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Who committed crimes?

JayGoogle likes this.
  5. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Hunter Biden was appointed to board of director position for Ukraine Gas Company Burisma Holdings earning 50k plus (last I read) per month. Dude has a History and Law degree, no direct experience in Energy. Burisma was run/had deep ties to the Ex-President of Ukraine (future convicted mass-killer) that was ousted during the Ukrainian revolution. Obama tasks Biden to investigate Ukraine corruption, drain the swamp if you will :D. In 2016 Biden stated he would and did withhold 1.2 Billion in aid from Ukraine if a Ukraine prosecutor Shokin who was investigating Burisma was not fired. Shokin is fired in March 2016 and Hunter leaves Burisma board in April 2019 just before daddy kicks of his election campaign. Very hard to believe that ALL OF THAT is purely coincidence and involves NO corruption or nepotism of any kind.

Reportedly Hunter Biden also invested in a Chinese company that created tech to spy on Chinese Muslims. That's disgusting.

Also ex-CIA director of counter terrorism also joined Burisma's board which is very interesting as well...

The "illegal" or not illegal part is using your position as VP and American Tax Dollars to "protect" your son. That might not be illegal but fack the Biden's. This isn't to deflect from Trump either, if a corrupt Trump gets taken down exposing corrupt Biden's then that's a TWO FOR ONE special imo!!!

Silent_Bob likes this.
  6. ipaman

Hunter Biden and his career.

7. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Whether you like Trump or not, this whole thing is now going to blow up in the Dems face and win Trump the next election. If they go forward based on the transcript and who the "whistleblower" is, nothing is going to happen, even if the House votes to Impeach. The Senate is not going to convict, and its only going to do two things:

1. Solidify Trump's base that the media is out to get him
    2. Be bad for Biden, the only true centrist Democrat running that might actually bring Republicans over to vote for him. (I think most Republicans are going to hold their nose and vote for Trump over Warren).

After reading what was released, I sort of can't fathom this is the hill they want to die on.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

What did Biden do again?

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The story falls apart when Shokin was requested to be removed by multiple foreign world leaders and Obama. Unless you believe Western European world leaders really care about Biden's son which would be kinda odd but okay, I'll buy it if you can provide some evidence.

Shokin was notoriously corrupt and in fact Biden placed his son more at risk by requesting to replace Shokin (at the behest of Obama and multiple world leaders) which was shown to have only investigated Burisma at a superficial level and then left the investigation dormant. The status quo would have benefited Biden's son more.

Biden was following US foreign policy and Western European policy buy requesting Shokin to resign.

When Trump threatened to withhold military aid to Ukraine that was against the interests of US foreign policy and Western European policy and he did it so Biden, a political opponent, would be investigated.

#229 fchowd0311, Sep 25, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    FranchiseBlade and joshuaao like this.
  10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I seem to recall there being no deal offered... so dunno what the hell you are on about. I read it several times. You have no idea how laws work I guess. You have to actually say things to create a quid pro quo. He didn't. The edge of one existing is there but without pushing for it, the transcript is worth as much as the digital paper it was typed on.

Silent_Bob likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 and Ubiquitin like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Because Trump's base never would have been solidified without someone calling him out on illegal conduct.

RayRay10, AleksandarN and JayGoogle like this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, this is the hill as it is the law, you can't ask for foreign help with your elections, you may be okay with this but the country has laws.

I think it's time the Dems stop worrying about what Republicans think of them. There was never going to be Republicans part of Trump's base that would even think to consider voting for Biden, or Warren, let's erase that now, republicans are lock step behind Trump. Even if they nominate Delaney, Republicans are still going to vote Trump. Even if the Dems nominate Romney, Republicans are still going to vote Trump.

I'm sorry, but the reason we have these "Far-Left" candidates is because Democrats are finding out that no matter what they do they have no chance with a certain part of America.

RayRay10 likes this.
  14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Actually Burisma investigation was already shelved when the US, the western leaders and IMF wanted Shokin removed. Nice try. You can’t be that ignorant to not know the facts can you?

#234 AleksandarN, Sep 25, 2019
    RayRay10 and joshuaao like this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

SCWs need to get with the White House talking points ...

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I don't think you realize that the among the patrons, I spoke to, like Carl Carharrt and his wife Wrangler Gina, at the Rusty Eagle Diner, in Dead Deer Lake Minnesota, home of the old Factory Factory, where they used to manufacture all the factories that have now closed out of business due to MexiChinese Google Prime Globalizers, the sentiment was tilting Biden...BUT NOT ANYMORE now they're all in for Trump, thanks to Pelo's misjudgment and MS-13

#236 SamFisher, Sep 25, 2019
    gifford1967, Rashmon, Dubious and 3 others like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

"ThIS iS wHy tRuMp wOn"

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

19. ipaman

Forbes timeline disagrees with your ignorant pompous ass. Also, maybe you are a beneficiary of corrupt nepotism since you completely ignore it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisett...ned-with-the-bidens-and-ukraine/#1c1d71ec3938

Silent_Bob likes this.
  20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member