1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Sep 3, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

O'Brien seems to want to run the most useless 1st and 2nd down plays just so he can watch how amazing Watson can save him from his inept play calling.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  2. steveng125

steveng125 Member

I mean we played pretty well, better than expected. Defense was ok but gave up critical plays down the stretch. In the end who knew lutz could kick that far? Dude is a beast I guess lol it was a long kick

3. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

The organization in question is called “Focus on the Family.” What do you think that phrase means? From an organization that actively opposed gay marriage and other rights? Brees knew that is a part of their message.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

I'm not sure it's right to put this on the coach. It looks like Colvin did this on his own. The CBs on the other said were much closer to the line of scrimmage. The two on the left side might have got confused and played the wrong coverage.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Agreed with the Clowney trade being wack.

Besides that, I can't blame the defense tonight, aside from the prevent against <10 yards.

The high octane Saints with <30 points at home and barely win. Turnovers were even.

The oline should get better noticeably by November just due to familiarity with each other.

Pray for Watson's health before and after.

everyday eddie and JayGoogle like this.
  7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

This was the first entirely clean sheet of Watt’s career. He exited that interview very abruptly.

8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

#Texans QB @deshaunwatson became the fastest player in NFL history to record at least 6,000 passing yards & 800 rushing yards (24 games).

Watson is the 3rd player in NFL history to record 6,000 pass yds & 45 pass TDs in a player’s first 24 games, joining Kurt Warner & Dan Marino pic.twitter.com/ZSud04Fj1M

— Texans PR (@TexansPR) September 10, 2019

J.J. Watt says it feels "terrible" for offense to give #Texans the lead with 37 seconds left and defense not being able to finish.

— Deepi Sidhu (@DeepSlant) September 10, 2019

9. Buck Turgidson

Over 9 innings over the last 2 days, the Astros went 23-4-1 against NFL teams, scoring-wise.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree that Watt is probably still a very very good DE, but top 5 and elite? I don't know. I hope he has a few more years in him, definitely my favorite all-time Texan next to Andre Johnson.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

Where's that pic of the pre-snap coverage again?

12. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

THE GOOD: Watson is the REAL DEAL; we have an awesome WR core; Hyde looks like his SF days; Duke is OK for GM 1; Mercilus is back; and Roby sticks his nose in there. We can be REALLY exciting 75 yards in 2 plays! Had me yelling and happy as **** until I realized there was still 30+ seconds on the clock.

THE BAD: OL we started basically was last year's 1st game line w/ Tunsil--results we're not good; Tunsil needs some extra work; JJ was totally neutralized; we still have no TE; Reid disappointed; Did Gipson play? I don't remember any of his 3 tackles; and...

THE UGLY: Defensive Play Calling--Romeo's time is up--great career, but failed to adjust in 2nd half and Payton/Brees/Kamara carved us up; Why are we not blitzing more? I thought McK would see more pass rushing time, but RC must not like blitzing his LBers. Pass rush was terrible, and that impacted DBs. Offensive Play Calling--BOB let's run up the middle on 2nd and 11 to create 3rd and long. Watson bailed him out most of the game, but Tunsil got his ass-whipped on 3rd down and Watson went down. Key series in the game.

Overall, it was a crazy exciting first game. With Deshaun I always feel we're in it. Dude gave it his all and showed tremendous leadership throughout the game. DHop had a very uncharacteristic 3 drop game, but came through when we needed him most. There are some exciting parts to build on offense, but we can't play the same OL next week. WE CAN'T!!! The defense has to be more aggressive, we have to bring pressure and not tip it off like Reid's blitz. It was a team loss, but coaching has to take a large part of the responsibility for this loss.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

58 pages? Yet everybody was "done" with this team?

On the one hand, people want to force change by advising people to stop showing up to games/supporting them... on the other hand, people just can't stay away.

I thought they played poorly... but somehow came up with enough big plays to put them in position to win it. I'd rather they play consistent, sound/fundamental... and they'll start handling teams rather than relying on heroics.

desihooper likes this.
  14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Run him out of the league

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Sounds good, just don't ask the Texans to do it.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I agree, they look like a 10 win team at least after this week.

We'll see though. They should wipe out the Jags and win sleeping after this performance, especially since the Jags are starting some unknown for QB and their offense is basically garbage and they (The Texans) are at home so...a good test for the Defense to see if they can stop a team they should be able to stop.

Houstunna likes this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

When you believe the very essence of who someone is as a person is morally wrong, and they are not harming someone... then yeah that is hateful. Not really debatable either.

19. Buck Turgidson

Totally agree. I mean, how could he not slow down some with all the miles he has on him? Not everyone gets to be Reggie White. In fact, nobody gets to be Reggie White, so far at least.

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I believe you are fundamentally wrong and you have no idea what you are talking about. But I still love you and will treat you with the utmost respect.