1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Athletics

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Aug 15, 2019.

1. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

I don’t cringe but it’s not a complete confidence for me. What does make me cringe is the different delivery speeds while sucking, kiss

2. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

They had been 18-3 since 7/17 before the Osuna walk off. This is just a blip in a long season mainly because we are missing Cole and the bats couldn’t help out Verlander the other day.

As we all know it just depends on who gets hot in the playoffs better we go through this crappy mini slump now.

BigM likes this.
  3. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Piss poor effort all series.

everyday eddie and AuburnRocket like this.
  4. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

1-3 over the last 30 games with a 4.66 ERA, 0-1 over last 7 games with a 6.75 ERA. I cringe.

5. ASTR0nomical

ASTR0nomical Member

100+ wins this year... pfft

6. jcee15

I suppose

7. jtexan

jtexan Member

• Why does everybody just assume the Astros are going to win this division...is it because they have the best team on paper? Well, games are played on the field, and they look terrible right now. If they lose tomorrow they'll have a 5.5 game lead with six weeks to go, that's nothing! The A's have made up five games in one week

8. jcee15

Because they are the best team in the division dummy

9. AB423

AB423 Member

Not too worried, rather have them slump now and wake up and figure it out than cruise into the playoffs. Just hope they will be able to get home field.

jcee15 likes this.
  10. jtexan

jtexan Member

Oh yeah I forgot, the best team ALWAYS wins--what a homer you are

11. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO Coming from a Texans boot licker?

Yeah... this Astros team is arguably the best in baseball.

SWTsig and mikol13 like this.
  12. jcee15

I am a homer idiot. This here is a Houston sports forum, welcome.

Theking and Tomstro like this.
  13. Nook

Nook Member

AJ doesn’t have a sense of urgency, he trusts his team and knows they are capable of beating anyone at home or on the road.

There is a strong sense of confidence in the organization...

SWTsig, mikol13, whiskeyred and 2 others like this.
  14. conquistador#11

Nothing an 11 game winning streak can't fix. Pitching was the downfall in 4 out of 5 games they lost. 1 man on the mound ruined it for everyone,.
    It will even out.

jcee15 likes this.
  15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Are you new to this sport?

Nothing is guaranteed but I’m guessing our odds of winning the division are somewhere along the lines of 99.9%. We’ll likely finish at least 10 games ahead of them.

Theking, ASTR0nomical and jcee15 like this.
  16. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

As I recall in 2017 we got swept in Oakland in August as well. That year turned out pretty good. When you are in the middle of this garbage and having to hear some idiots play drums in a dump like this park it isn't fun. But we were what. 11-17 in August in 2017 and won it all. We still have one of the best teams talent wise. Lets just get all of this crappy play out now and finish strong then go on a roll in the playoffs. No one will remember this series until we have to bring up winning the world series despite being swept in August (again)

jcee15 likes this.
  17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

AJ didn't challenge the game tying run against the Orioles when it was obvious the runner didn't touch home base. And then he pinch runs for Yordan who was our best hitter yesterday outside of Brantley. I have belief in him but damn what a dissappointing managing job this past week.

AuburnRocket and jcee15 like this.
  18. Nook

Nook Member

The Astros will win their division and win over 100 games for the third straight season.

They will be the favorite to win the World Series. Anything can happen in the playoffs in baseball but the Astros will be in the thick of it.

whiskeyred, BigM, Major and 1 other person like this.
  19. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL You said this same **** a year ago to the day.

And some other gems...

"Carlos Correa is the biggest disappointment in Houston sports since Ralph Sampson...flashes of greatness but not worthy of the hype."

"Correa's career has been a disappointment so far, and I think the majority of fans will agree--and stop with "but he's only in his 4th year." That's FOUR YEARS, not four weeks. Check out Lindor's stats who is the same age. Springer got hot for a week, which any MLB player can do (see Evan Gattis), but average at best after the All Star break last year and downright awful during the Boston and New York series. Altuve is our one true stud, who has exceeded all expextations, even though most of hits are just slap singles."

"Just send Correa down to the minors where he belongs! He's killing this team!"

"At what point do you consider sending Altuve and Correa down to Fresno?"

"Time to do something with Correa, he's nothing but a liability at this point..sorry"

"Correa does NOT belong on the post season roster. He has been an automatic out for two months! It's time to face the truth--he is terrible, and no, his fielding isn't enough to offset that."

"Carlos Correa will go down as the biggest disappointment in Astros history...damn he strikes out a lot"

#719 J.R., Aug 17, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    biff17, cmlmel77, SWTsig and 16 others like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

Well you ripped his soul out quickly.

biff17, SWTsig, Rock Block and 12 others like this.