1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrorist attack in Kashmir killing 44 CRPF

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Feb 16, 2019.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ow-pak-pm-imran-khan/articleshow/68202107.cms

Pakistan is releasing the Indian pilot tomorrow to Indian authorities. A lot of folks in his cabinet are furious and Pakistani media are furious and angered at how quickly IK folded but as I've said before this is a different Pakistan. Previous administrations would've used the pilot as a pawn in a bigger prisoner exchange game. Glad to see cooler heads are prevailing at the current moment.

2. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Pakistan is totally different now then ten years ago bro. Osama bin laden did not have to be killed by Americans in 2011. They should have just given the info to ISI and they would have totally handled it. And India this time also should have just shared intelligence with the ISI and let them handle the terrorists like they normally do.

3. astros123

astros123 Member

Well India's intelligence was so brilliant that they bombed an empty plot of land in rural Pakistan. This was confirmed by the bbc/al jazera.

4. R0ckets03

Of course I've never claimed India is some genius and a roll model for all aspiring 3rd world countries like you are doing so with Pakistan. Whether it bombed an empty piece of **** hole in Pakistan or killed a bunch of terrorist is irrelevant to the argument at hand. Pakistan and the ISI are direct supporters of terrorism and that needs to stop.

I've also never said that they should go to war. War should never be an option as only innocent people die and and not the people making threats or decisions sitting in their cushy palaces.

Its great Pakistan is handing over the captured Indian pilot and hopefully the situation calms down. But 40+ Indian soldiers are still dead because Pakistan continues to be a safe haven for terrorists.

5. astros123

astros123 Member

I think youre talking about pre 2014. Before 2014 I would whole heartily agree with you but ever since those children died in the schools its been a different story. If you don't know what the national action plan is which i'm assuming nobody does heres a quick summary
    Pakistan isn't the same country as it was a decade ago. A huge part of this they finally put up a border alongside the Afghan border and are finally curbing its migration issue. Pakistan itself is one of the biggest losers of the war on terror. It wasnt until 2001 Al Qaeda took over Northwest Pakistan.

6. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

They need to have a face to face dialogue to resolve the issue.

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

And if you have the opportunity to, can create an opportunity to, you make sure you do something to help de-escalate. Sometime I feel like these "angry" parties need to act that way (internal politic), but they are scare sh*tless and are hoping someone external can come in to help them save face while helping to de-escalate. Typically, that's the role of world leaders.... where are thou?

8. astros123

astros123 Member

Al jazeera went to the "strike site" and posted these images. The only non Pakistani media photos that have been released.

[​IMG]

Pretty sure it doesn't look like a huge terrorist camp has been hit does it. At the end of the day, how does India not look incompetent after this. They go into Pakistani airspace, pretend they bombed a terrorist site. Then the next day they chase a Pakistani jet away from the LOC and get their plane shot down. Seriously, what did they get accomplished? With the 6th largest economy in the world India doesn't have better fighter jets then those from 1959 to protect the most guarded border in the world lol.

Any other nation in this world would never give up a POW without exchanging him for SOMETHING in return especially from a fierce rival. India is holding some very high profile Pakistani prisoners in Western India and Pakistan gave up the pilot with a no strings attached agreement.

#68 astros123, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  9. Buck Turgidson

So I re-watched "Gandhi" a few days ago, and much of the post-independence struggle depicted in that movie reminds me a whole lot of the India vs Pakistan posts in this thread.

Keep that grudge, though, it'll work out great for yall and everyone else too.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

Who has any sort of grudge? I have absolutely nothing against Indians what so ever at all and some of my best friends and employees are Indian. Its the homeland Indian media which is the root of the problem. Anyone who is actually from that region will tell you how manipulative the media is there and how it controlls its citizens.

Alot of posters in this thread are judging Pakistan based off of its actions from a decade ago. If defeating terrorism was so easy then why is the US making a peace treaty with Al qaeda in Afghanistan while giving them political representation? Post 2014 Pakistan has made huge strives in combating terrorism and eliminating especially the armed militants. Give Pakistan 20 years and no question it'll return back to its glory days as long as Imran Khan doesn't get assassinated.

Looks like the pilot returned to India safely. Imran Khan looks like a real leader on the world stage after this whole fiasco occurred. Funny how Trump and his Administration is attempting to take credit for this deescalation while Imran Khan says they havnt even spoke to Mike pompeo lol.

#70 astros123, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  11. astros123

astros123 Member

Right after India gets their pilot back what happens on all media stations in India? This after the entire world is asking for deescalation of the situation, yet the big news in India right now is:
    https://www.indiatoday.in/india/sto...ian-army-jawans-intel-note-1468589-2019-03-02

The source is a random number that is now claiming the Pakistani intelligence is going to poison food. This conversation or any confirmation of this conversation will never be confirmed, because India doesn't even share their intelligence with western countries. This is just another rumor that gets spread on media stations to cause hostility and violence with no substantial backing.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Props to Pakistan and Khan for releasing the pilot. Modi has no interest in de-escalating this. He has a large base of trump like supporters that are bent on a war and are incapable of understanding M.A.D and with the election coming up this is the biggest boost he’s gonna get. The opposition in the Indian government has accused him of trying to capitalize on this for personal gain but I doubt his supporters care.

I remember reading all the crazy stories about this guy and how he was denied a visa to the US because of his extremist ties but I never knew he was this dangerous .

B-Bob and astros123 like this.
  13. astros123

astros123 Member

You really have no idea lol. Look into the (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots) which caused over 3000 muslims dead and gave the Hindus free reign to murder muslims and steal their property while Modi condoned it all. The funny thing is the thing that caused the riots was a burning of a Hindu train ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godhra_train_burning ) and at the time the government of Modis state declared it was caused by a mob of Muslims lol. This helped caused alot of anger between the Hindus in the state and slaughtered Muslims. LATER it was confirmed by the government it was a ACCIDENT BURNING and it wasn't caused by a mob. They also came to the conclusion that his government knew it was a accidental event yet still fabricated evidence and mishandled evidence for political reasons (https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...ental-Banerjee-report/articleshow/1437742.cms).

The funny thing is Modi still claims it was all justifiable to protect the Hindu faith even though it was completely fabricated from a lie.

#73 astros123, Mar 1, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Having a mob of 1000-2000 people attacking a train is still problematic.

15. R0ckets03

The Indian media is the problem and the reason 40 soldiers are dead. Not because Pakistan is a **** hole training ground for terrorists.

If a cartel came from Mexico attacked and killed 40 of our border patrol agents on our soil, we would all be preaching for dialogue and restraint and blame the US media? Not only that, but history showed the Federales had constantly protected this cartel and there had been attacks in the past originating from Mexico as well.

Or would we tell ourselves that's okay...Mexico has been a different country the last 10 years so who gives a **** about 40 of our dead soldiers.

16. astros123

astros123 Member

oh look India finally handled over the dossier files over to Pakistan and any intel they had. And what did Pakistan do?

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/sto...r-brother-jaish-e-mohammad-1470790-2019-03-05

Alot of you all are very ignorant on current Pakistani Affairs.

#76 astros123, Mar 6, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
  17. astros123

astros123 Member

You have absolutely no clue what you're saying lmao

18. R0ckets03

You blamed the Indian media dumb ass for 40 Indian soldiers being dead.

You can go on and on about Muslims being mistreated in India, but the fact remains that is an internal problem for India to handle.

Fyi...I'm from India and was raised a Muslim

19. astros123

astros123 Member

I never blamed the Indian media for the attack. If you look at my original post I clearly said I just wanted a transparent investigation done on the matter rather then preemptive strikes. I said from the beginning Pakistan has problems with harboring terrorist in the past.

20. astros123

astros123 Member

This thread will mark the beginning of the next major world war. India finally showing their colors. They can care less about the people that live in the region. This will be start one of the worst genocide once India slowly starts killing off and jailing the Muslims and start moving in Hindus from mainland.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/world/asia/kashmir-india-pakistan.html

FranchiseBlade likes this.