1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

@DarylMorey: Expand the Westbrook trade!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Jul 12, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That would be amazing... :eek: Holy lord. That’s the sweet shooting PF D’Antoni needs!

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

It might be, if they're really hoping to make a deal with the Warriors for Deangelo Russell at the trade deadline, as rumored.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Patterson could barely play even when he could play.

D-rock likes this.
  4. basketballholic

I already tweeted about this early this morning. And then posted about it. There is likely more to this trade than what meets the eye. With no real market outside of Miami we seemingly paid a steep price for a player that is anything but efficient. Your would think getting OKC out of the tax and trading a gut thay actually has more market value to them either cost us but maybe maybe one pick at the most.

But the deal as reported doesn't get them out of the tax Although they can very likely pawn cp3 off to the Lakers at the deadline and escape the tax.

So i really have to believe there is more agreed to here thay hasn't been announced. At the very least adding in Frazier or chiozza gets us enough salary to take back Roberson THE CONTRACT.

And Roberson's expiring contract does have value.... if for no other reason than possibly duplicating Shump in a SnT

But...... with Roberson and Shump together re aggregated in 60 days that's $30 million of possible incoming salary.

And we've already mentioned the thought of adding Nene and 2 minimum deals is enough salary to add Iggy to Russ.

What about controlling Gallo? Useful player. Nice fat 22.6 million expiring thay could be merged with one minimum in two months to bring back....30 million.

Whst about adding Capela to this deal and bringing back Adams? Then parlaying Adams to Cleveland for Love?

What about merging essentially expiring salaries of Gallo and Ego or Shump Roberson and Ego to Miami for Winslow James Johnson and Dion Walters? Leaving Miami with a nice haul of expirings and olynk to peddle to Washington for Beal/Wall?????

Meanwhile we've got Capela plus Nene plus minimums and two picks to go after Love with?????

Tons of possibilities here. And i already went over it this morning. OP is LATE to the party.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Three letters

O
    P
    M

treyk3 likes this.
  6. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I thought Nene already opted out:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/06/rockets-nene-to-opt-out.html

D-rock likes this.
  7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

CP3 cannot be aggregated into a trade by OKC until September (or December...I forget which) if the Rockets and Thunder complete a one-for-one first. However, if OKC and Houston agree to bring in other teams into the original deal, then CP3 can be included, and salaries can be aggregated into that multi-team deal.

D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Guessing we aren’t using 125% to our benefit.

:rolleyes:

D-rock likes this.
  9. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

I was thinking of this too. Imagine then trading Capela for an upgrade at the 3.

10. HP3

HP3 Member

Thats....a good question, I said that because I thought I remembered reading somewhere that we were moving away from switching but that it was still going to be our main thing. And now I cant find it, so I guess time will tell.

I am still advocating against Love though, switch or no switch.

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I want Love and/or Covington. And sign Korver for the vet minimum. And then some athletic 3&D guys with length at the vet minimum.

12. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

I would agree 100%

HP3 likes this.
  13. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

D’Antoni talked about switching less in December:
    https://www.thedreamshake.com/2018/...to-switch-less-on-defense-and-thats-good-news

HP3 likes this.
  14. basketballholic

don grahamleone likes this.
  15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Bumping just because this thread is too important to be relegated to page 2.

D-rock likes this.
  16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Tilman faints

17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Not sure if this guy is full of ****, but he does have a few tweets breaking trades before shams/woj got a hold of them...so maybe legit? Anyway, posted it here because maybe we are the third/fourth team involved here.

18. D-rock

D-rock Member

Elston Turner said it.

HP3 likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

If he's right then expect OKC to start releasing players.

Get your scooper ready Morey.

topfive likes this.
  20. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

And he is more injury prone that CP3 and this forum was always b****ing about that.

HP3 and D-rock like this.