1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CP3 likes Westbrook to Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Tristan_fiore, Jul 8, 2019.

1. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Swapping Gordon for Westbrook isn’t crazy. Westbrook is still a top 10 player, even though he’s on the bottom end of that. You have a couple years to win with Paul’s contract - why not go all in?

BigShasta likes this.
  2. riko

riko Member

Eric Gordon and Clint could probably work salary wise with Eric coming off the books could be a entertaining prospect for the Thunder. Then you sign Noah and go with

Paul
    Westi
    Harden
    Tucker
    Noah

I’m sorry but the fit is really bad

SWTsig and ROXTXIA like this.
  3. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

At least will have a player that can finish and create off the dribble and take it end to end on a fast break.. at this point beggars can't be choosers

4. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Noah?!?!? Um..........Joakim Noah? Isn't he dead? Wouldn't you have to resurrect him, like Jason Voorhees?

everyday eddie, Reeko and Fulgore like this.
  5. Nook

Nook Member

He is just about unstoppable in transition (when he goes to the basket). He is also very good at guarding bigger players (when he is motivated to do so), he is an exceptional rebounder and good (but not great) passer. I can even live with his 48-49% shooting on 2's.......... he just would not be allowed to shoot 3 at all.

He shot 31% on jump shots last season....... he shot 65% in the paint.

I'm not sure how you integrate that into the Rockets style......... and that doesn't even begin to impact the defensive side....

6. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Not really. Last year Harden and DeRozen both drove more than Westbrook, shot a higher percentage on those drives and drew more fouls on drives.

Lebron drove less but had a higher FG% and drew more FTs on drives.

Harden 19.6 drives/game, 52.8 FG%, 4.3 FTA
    DeRozen 18.7 drives/game, 53.5%, 3.0 FTA
    Westbrook 18.4 drives/game, 50.2 FG%, 2.4 FTA
    Lebron 12.4 drives/game, 53.1 FG%, 3.0 FTA.

7. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

Who cares (Bring him here) lol, we are not going anywhere with this roster, Harden Russ CP3 (i like it)

8. riko

riko Member

He was pretty good last season in Memphis

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. rockets13champs

Paul to Westbrook lobs, harden to Westbrook lobs, all 3 pg to clint lobs

10. Nook

Nook Member

He doesn't become "dumber", he has a new owner to deal with that has his own ideas on how to run the team.

The Rockets win a title in 2017 if Paul doesn't get hurt and last year they lost to the Warriors, with the biggest margin being 5 points.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

It’s just a stupid idea, no matter how you look at it. Westbrook is a horrible perimeter shooter with horrible shot selection and refuses to change his style of play at all.

The Rockets are a better team right now without him. Instead of star gazing, Morey should focus on a couple minor additions like trading for Iguodala (if it takes a first round pick so be it, that’s better than seeing him bought out and joining the Lakers or the Clippers), using the remainder of the MLE wisely, and getting Tyson Chandler to take the veterans minimum to back up Capela.

Morey is off to a good start by retaining Rivers and House, which means the team has their top seven rotation players back. Don’t blow it by bringing in a bad fit like Westbrook.

*Edited because JaMychal Green agreed to re-sign with the Clippers

#71 DVauthrin, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Nook likes this.
  12. riko

riko Member

Clint is probably going have to be included either to the thunder or in a multi team trade to another team

13. Nook

Nook Member

Brah........ Harden is the absolute least of the Rockets problems....... he is the only thing keeping the Rockets from being the Orlando Magic.

Deuce, cml750, lilbird20 and 5 others like this.
  14. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Exactly. Maybe he can take a pay cut.

15. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

I could understand all the reason's you might be opposed to this, but you have to admit, the prospect of having harden, plus a guy like westbrook with all his penetrating ability....I want to see it. Simply because I don't think #runitback is going to win us a thing.... (I don't think its going to happen, anyway)

17. Nook

Nook Member

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade for Westbrook.

The chance of Westbrook suddenly not shooting 3's is low. He does some things very well but his warts are too much to overcome.

I am fine with Igoudala or Gallinari added to the team and a signing like Chandler and Carter.

Deuce likes this.
  18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, it's not that bad. You have to consider that Russ is a superstar, he's a big name that sells tickets and jerseys.

I think some other team will save the Rockets from Russ because he's going to command a lot on the trade market. The only way this will happen is if Russ demands it be done, that he demands to come to Houston...which I can see happening because I don't think Russ wants to play on a bad team, he knows he needs help, and he's familiar/friends with Harden.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

KD and PG said “hell nah” and dipped, but I’m sure both Harden and CP0 would love playing next to Russ...there shouldn’t be any problems at all

luckyman76 likes this.
  20. House Rockets

House Rockets Member

I just wanted to give people the visual of how this would look. (Sorry for the nausea that I undoubtedly caused with this picture)

[​IMG]