1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

We need him for the vet min

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htownrocketsclutch, Jul 3, 2019.

?

Mbah a Moute back?

Poll closed Jul 6, 2019.
  1. Yes

28.5%
  2. No

46.2%
  3. I'll take it

25.3%
  1. vick

vick Member

Attention FIREWORKS coming tomorrow at 545pm.

ak99999 likes this.
  2. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Nah, this isnt true. There is no way a dude coming straight off a dislocated shoulder was every gonna perform up to snuff especially in the middle of the WCF against the Warriors. A lot of metrics that season had him as one of the most valuable guys on our team.
    Yea i have no idea why people are scoffing at this, its the definition of a low risk high reward move. If he decides to take the minimum we should absolutely go for him.

I would love to have him here. If he gets back to form, thats game changing for us.

Red.Glare likes this.
  4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure he was back by the end of the Utah series. And he definitely said at one point his shoulder was fine but it was more a mental thing. Now by that he meant mental related to coming off injury but either way, that’s enough for me to not trust him. But who knows

5. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

For the minimum, absolutely.

jcf likes this.
  6. Rasheed

Rasheed Member

We need Donatas

7. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea he came back game 5, had limited playing time and was thrown into the Warriors series. There is no way a dude who by most metrics was one of our most valuable players would perform like that otherwise. When you miss significant time with an injury like that and are thrown into the playoffs , you arent going to perform well. And honestly he was coming up on a contract year looking to get paid, so that also played a part as well. Wether it was because of rust(or not fully being recovered) or wether it was mental, all of it was most exclusively cause by that shoulder injury.

8. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

9. Sanctity

Sanctity Member

Sure playing in the intense NBA Playoffs with a partially torn and instable shoulder is easy anybody can do it.

10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

If only there was a Free Agent thread or something.

don grahamleone likes this.
  11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

He said the shoulder was fine. It was more mental and rhythm.

12. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Unless he bought some bionic shoulders hell no

13. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I also recall us not losing a step when he missed games in the regular season. I get it, our numbers were great with him on the floor, not trying to be devils advocate. But that could simply be because we were simply a very good team. I’d rather not use roster spots on guys that who last played was over a year ago and was a horrible playoff performance (be it injuries or not). But again, I don’t exactly know who those roster spots go to.

HP3 likes this.
  14. HP3

HP3 Member

Our team was better with him on the floor, thats the thing, even better than with Ariza on the floor. Why not? Its low risk high reward situation. Minimum signing my man, and if it works out, it could be super amazing. Like he was that good when he was here, just my opinion haha. And if not...thats fine too, like who are we gonna get for a minimum sighing?

jcf likes this.
  15. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Remember when Prince was being trained as back up PG

Good times..

16. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

at min, I'll take it

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He has never been a great playoff player. I'd rather let Stanley, Rondae and Danuel fight it out...

D-rock likes this.
  18. HP3

HP3 Member

His defense aone is game changing for the playoffs I dont care about his offense as much. If he can shoot 35% from 3, we are good to go.

#38 HP3, Jul 4, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2019
    D-rock and RudyTBag like this.
  19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

He's done OP, outplayed his contract for Morey though.

RudyTBag likes this.
  20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Hurts to see this board attack Luc this way. He was awesome for us and had a great attitude

D-rock and HP3 like this.