1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windhorst: “I’m hearing rumblings about Jimmy getting back to Houston”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 21, 2019.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Twitter is hella (vu) devil's Tool.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Let's think through this logically. Morey has been putting out the fire at every turn since it was reported that everyone but Harden was available. While we shouldn't probably expect JB (depends on who you ask around here), Morey will hopefully make an under the radar type move that will upgrade the roster.

Everything is up in the air because of the injuries to KD and Klay. They definitely don't want to take even a half-step back for the sake of making a deal.

D-rock likes this.
  3. Vivi

Vivi Member

I certainly hope so, it's just that it gets disappointing when you hear about fireworks and end up with a tax MLE signing. I know, we know the Rockets are always after the big splash, there's no need to hype things up like Tad did unless you already know something is happening like two years ago with the sleeves thing.

sammy and D-rock like this.
  4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I'm not about to squelch, or even throw a small bucket'o water on this : we know the Rockets are always after the big splash, 'but' - - do we still know that? The Big Splash was OwnerAlex' MO. I, at least for one, haven't learned to read Fer-tea-leaves-ta's tea leaves clearly as yet. Or, perhaps, I have and am assam'ed at what they say?!!

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I just think nothing has changed to this regard with Tilman, he wants that third star just like Les, or maybe it's just that a second/third star is needed to win.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Maybe. Maybe not. Time hath not yet tolled...

7. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I’m not sure if Tad meant offseason acquisitions were coming. If you watch th video he says “with an owner like Tillman you can always expect fireworks”. To me that doesn’t mean anything. Just that they’ll try and there will be excitement. CF just kind of took it and ran with it

Vivi likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

Oh ok, i couldn't watch it and just took it for what i read in the thread, shouldn't have i guess.

9. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

I think that quote has been massively taken out of context. He talks about how the players coaches owners and front office are aligned and when that occurs that there will be fireworks. He goes on to talk about how it’s good for the betterment of the team. Not sure how the masses took that to mean in reference to the offseason but I’d like to be corrected.

Vivi likes this.
  10. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Yeah sounds like that's the most likely scenario, with an outside chance of landing a star like Butler.

Makes sense, that's usually how it plays out. You hope to get a star and try your best but usually they aren't attainable

BallaDoc, dc rock and HP3 like this.
  12. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Is it necessary to always praise Tilman. No matter how many times Morey and Toad repeat his name to praise how awesome he is, we will not stop believing he is cheap until he actually shows that he isn't cheap.

D-rock likes this.
  13. Mr. Space City

14. BallaDoc

BallaDoc Member

Agreed but that’s not what the discussion was about. CF has been under the assumption that this offseason will bring fireworks. With player acquisitions. That’s not what he stated.

15. tc0330

tc0330 Member

The Celtics are “seriously” interested in Kemba Walker, per @TheSteinLine.

D-rock and rockets13champs like this.
  16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Well, I can head over to Saltgrass. After being seated but before ordering, I can walk around staring at what other people ordered and see if those portions are still small (you ever been to a restaurant and the portions were nice-sized but later magically shrunk, while the price stayed the same?)

When I see no change, we leave before ordering.

BigShasta and Sajan like this.
  17. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

Two more hours til Jimmy buckets is a rocket

amaru likes this.
  18. rockets13champs

Good he’s the next I.T

tc0330 likes this.
  19. rockets13champs

He’s in rio prob not until Friday or sat

20. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

One time lord let Burt Steele be right. Just one time.

(Bballho too, just one time!)

amaru likes this.