1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

List of MVP Voters Who Voted Against Harden in 2017 and 2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Earnie Banks, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Earnie Banks

Earnie Banks Member

Here is a list of voters that did not think Harden was worthy of MVP in 2016-17 (the year Westbrook won bc of triple dubz and the 6th seed), and then turned around and voted Giannis this year (the year Giannis won bc of a better team record)

Sources:

2016-2017: https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-co...-Most-Valuable-Player-of-the-Year-Award-1.pdf

2018-2019: https://ak-static.cms.nba.com/wp-co...st-Valuable-Player-Award-Voter-Selections.pdf

Go ahead and criticize me for being salty, while giving "professional sports writers" a pass for not having any principles or criteria. We can just call it different life priorities.

Just want to provide hard evidence that the MVP is based on "feel", not criteria.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

3. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Ugh. Just seeing Beadle actually having a vote

4. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

We do have different priorities.

Worrying about MVP voters is like 965th on my life priorities list just behind hearing the sound a praying mantis makes and just ahead of making sure I hold my fork correctly when eating a salad.

5. tc0330

tc0330 Member

lol just wow.

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. Earnie Banks

Earnie Banks Member

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  7. dmoneybangbang

I hereby decree Kevin Arnovitz and Zac Lowe is still cool with Rockets fans.

lakersuck2 and jch1911 like this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

These 5 voted for Westbrook, Lebron, Giannis over the last 3 years:

Jeff Zillgitt
    KC Johnson
    Keith Pompey
    Reggie Miller
    Weiping Zhang

(Thanks to @J.R. and @harold bingo)

Deuce, dreamshakin, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't have any problem with people who voted Leonard->Harden->Giannis, and honestly none of us should. These are voters that prioritize winning, and do it with consistency. That's fine with me, it's a consistent criteria, and that's what we want. The only gripe I have is people who shifted the goalposts from "individual stats trump winning" to "winning is the most important thing" aka Westbrook/Giannis voters.

10. Earnie Banks

Earnie Banks Member

haha I am not "worrying" about them, or prioritizing this over anything in my own life. I am calling them out in defense of Harden, the guy who plays for the team I love. It's simply being a fan. Also, I am awesome with spreadsheets so this was quick and fun.

It's just fun, as a fan, to put an asterisk on Giannis' MVP and to expose sports journalism as being nothing more than gossipers without any objective standard.

El Chappie, clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I’d honestly be completely cool if they just said they didn’t like Harden and aren’t interested in being objective. The denial of bias is what’s annoying.

12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yeah if Harden shaved his beard and looked pretty and innocent like Curry, Westbrook and Antetokounmpo then Harden would have won easily. Playing the game the right way & dribbling the air out of the ball goes away.

They fear the Beard!!

#12 ApacheWarrior, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  13. topfive

topfive CF OG

This exactly. Switching criteria is too easy a way to avoid voting for the guy you simply don't like.

14. tc0330

tc0330 Member

it just pi$$es me off the votes werent even close. i mean come on...harden losing by a land slide? lol really?......

Houstunna and FrontRunner like this.
  15. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

I thought no one here cared about the MVP. At least this was the sentiment this time 24 hours back....

16. Reeko

Reeko Member

I shouldn’t be annoyed because I knew Giannis was gonna win by a big margin, but I can’t help it, I still am

the media should not be the only ones who get to vote...I’d much prefer something closer to the ASG voting where fans, players, coaches, and the media vote on the award with the percentage from the media being the smallest

17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

lol. You do not want to be on a list with Reggie Miller that involves analysis or intelligence.

18. Earnie Banks

Earnie Banks Member

I missed Horne, Johnson, Grange, Blakely, and the NBA Fan Vote bc their names changed slightly on the list when compared to 2017 and 2019.

Also, somewhat new here. Another poster (J.R.) came up with this list first, but posted it as a response, not its own thread. Do I delete this forum post as J.R. had it covered? While, I did my list independently, he was first. I just wanted to see the names and take note of who I should not listen to next year.

19. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

LOL at this list of names who get to decide the highest individual honor for the nba. Honestly with those names, I wouldn't even want the award. Glad Harden didn't show up for this trash award and I wish he would call it that in public instead of campaigning for trash.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

players - 60%

fans/coaches - 30%

media - 10%

make the MVP voting something like that...clown ass media does not deserve 100% of the vote